Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Poll: goal music

What should happen to goal music at the Mol?

• Ban it completely

Votes: 148 94.9%
  • Keep it but change it from Tom Hark to something else

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Keep it as it is

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simply the wolves post is the best I've seen and if your having trouble explaining to mr forest pumpking maybe you should show him it .
Any one remember how we used to do the ring of fire tune on our own accord as and when we pleased ? Then some Rodney trotter decided to make a cringeworthy sing off between the stands ? Needless to say we quickly stopped singing it after that because it wasn't spontaneous anymore !! Wonder who the bloke who did that was ? Oh yeah Jason $$$$in forest !!

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mad Shouting Man needs to go.
Goal Music needs to go.

Lets start a new era.

J

Jungleee

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ys86GV0Lk"]The Specials - (Dawning of A) New Era - YouTube[/nomedia]

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once a few generations have passed they won`t know how to celebrate without instructions!

petition signed

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PumpKing this isn't a dig at you, and I do understand what your saying. But don't you think it may help change the atmosphere for the good of the team if we tried something new in the PA department?

Like I've said and many more on here also (and I do know this forum doesn’t represent the crowd at Molineux on match days), but it isn't the music they are celebrating it's the goal, the music just encourages people to sing along to the tune because they are happy at that particular moment, again the tune is irrelevant, and what is being played surely proves that.

The fans can do perfectly well in celebrating a goal the way it should be without the aid of TH. And I'm sure the atmosphere will get better and last a lot longer if the crowd are left to their own devices rather than suddenly realise they’ve been patronised and go back to being Mr and Mrs quiet out of embarrassment.

In a way the music ending is a cue for this, it somehow signifies the celebration time is over and if you continue to sing and dance once the music has finished you feel odd. Consequently many people shut up and wait for the chance to celebrate and support the team vocally until the next goal is scored, and the longer the match goes on without another goal the quieter the place becomes.

The atmosphere will improve at the Molineux if you give the fans a chance to do it in a way they feel most comfortable, and surely the way to do that is to let them do it on their own.

I go along with and agree with most of the comments on here and think your post STW sums things up perfectly.

It is a matter of continually stressing to J.F. all of the points raised, which I do every time I see him. A way I was going to suggest, was asking him to check through this thread for himself. The personal insults aimed at him on here do not help the cause though. I keep saying it but he really doesn`t deserve them and IMHO it`s unfair.

Right, it`s supposed to be a new start for Wolves so lets please just give him a little room to work and lets see what the new regime brings as well.

It may well be against club rules but I`ll ask if he might like to post on here to explain his position and maybe to answer some of your posts personally. If he does, please be civil, we`ll get much more done if we can keep it polite.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PumpKing this isn't a dig at you, and I do understand what your saying. But don't you think it may help change the atmosphere for the good of the team if we tried something new in the PA department?

Like I've said and many more on here also (and I do know this forum doesn’t represent the crowd at Molineux on match days), but it isn't the music they are celebrating it's the goal, the music just encourages people to sing along to the tune because they are happy at that particular moment, again the tune is irrelevant, and what is being played surely proves that.

The fans can do perfectly well in celebrating a goal the way it should be without the aid of TH. And I'm sure the atmosphere will get better and last a lot longer if the crowd are left to their own devices rather than suddenly realise they’ve been patronised and go back to being Mr and Mrs quiet out of embarrassment.

In a way the music ending is a cue for this, it somehow signifies the celebration time is over and if you continue to sing and dance once the music has finished you feel odd. Consequently many people shut up and wait for the chance to celebrate and support the team vocally until the next goal is scored, and the longer the match goes on without another goal the quieter the place becomes.

The atmosphere will improve at the Molineux if you give the fans a chance to do it in a way they feel most comfortable, and surely the way to do that is to let them do it on their own.

Fantastic post. I want the bloke to read this!

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, it`s supposed to be a new start for Wolves so lets please just give him a little room to work and lets see what the new regime brings as well.

It may well be against club rules but I`ll ask if he might like to post on here to explain his position and maybe to answer some of your posts personally. If he does, please be civil, we`ll get much more done if we can keep it polite.

Hi PK...I don't think it will turn into a personal insult thing...most of the posts on this thread seem eminently reasonable.

However, is he employed by Wolves? If so, is he the decision maker when it comes to deciding on the way forward.

PS. Just realised I called Jason a prat in an early post...apologies. Nothing personal, if you're reading Jason...won't do it again... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would also like to say, fantastic post SimplyTheWolves.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The music too some degree is irrelevant, they could play The Funeral March after a goal and the majority of the crowd would still dance to it, simply because they want to carry on celebrating the goal.

We used to celebrate goals with no music or the announcement of the goal scorer, and I still believe the celebrations lasted longer than they do now. Once we scored the atmosphere stayed alive for a good time afterwards, but now as soon as the music dies away the atmosphere rather quickly goes with it.

In some ways it does help but most of the time it's totally uncalled for and sometimes to the point where it becomes embarrassing, especially when we're three down with two minutes left.

Something needs doing to make it affective when the time arises, and it doesn't have to be music. If the club only realised it they do have the opportunity to use the PA to the teams advantage, the current system may appear to be working but I believe only for the reason I stated above.

Football is constantly evolving, our PA isn't, it's time it did.

Great post, Simply...are you Grizz in disguise?:D

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jason is blatantly a $$$$ fan sent to heap further misery on the already pitiful life of a Molineux match goer.

Get rid of him and his stupid moron of a mate with the mic.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jason is blatantly a $$$$ fan sent to heap further misery on the already pitiful life of a Molineux match goer.

Get rid of him and his stupid moron of a mate with the mic.

Has any one actually sent him a message on twitter yet ? I have and have had a response of give me a shout followed by his mobile number , he's either a decent bloke or wants to put me on phone tap on the local radio and make me look a tit lol

B

BitterBob

This debate has been on this mb many times, but not once has Jason ever left his finger off the button after a goal just to see what happens, not once.
It's actualy symptomatic of the whole club in a way.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi PK...I don't think it will turn into a personal insult thing...most of the posts on this thread seem eminently reasonable.

However, is he employed by Wolves? If so, is he the decision maker when it comes to deciding on the way forward.

PS. Just realised I called Jason a prat in an early post...apologies. Nothing personal, if you're reading Jason...won't do it again... ;)

Seasider, I know for sure that the blokes like you will be very reasonable and for that reason, will get much more response and cooperation from him than the ones who just want to give him abuse for the sake of it. Diplomacy always wins the day as I`m sure you know.

Just your light hearted, friendly comment above will appeal to him and shows that we are not all complete morons, and that we deserve to have our views and concerns addressed.

K

kidderminster wolf

I hope he steps down as for that pathetic goal music we play it's about 10 years out of date. Get rid of them all I say. Let someone like Matt Murray or Steve Bull be the announcer

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok...which $$$$$$$$ voted for it stay as it is?

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't actually speak to him right now as I'm at work but have messaged him and sent him a copy of simplys post , awaiting response

That`s good, as I emailed him last night with copies to the people in the department that we do volunteer work for.

The more folk that contact him, the more he`ll see how strong the feelings are and the stronger the case will be.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just spoken with Jason...a pleasant chap and fair play to him for giving me the opportunity to air my views. He assured me that the club are listening but he didn't want to comment on The Mix directly because he is a part-time employer of the club and he also has his own views on this subject (his views may or may not be different from those held by the club management).

I think it's fair to say that comments made on The Mix don't go unnoticed – however, we are a relatively small representation of Wolves supporters generally.

I think that we have to keep sending the message to the club that we don't want the goal music - if this is the sentiment of a large enough number of fans that turn up on match days, then maybe the club will listen and act.

So, if the goal music really does $$$$ you off, email/write to the club, promote the petition (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stopthegoalmusic/ ) on facebook/twitter etc…just let the club know in any way that you can, that we don’t want the goal music.

C’mon Wolves, be different from the rest, stop the Americanisation of the game…Stop the goal music at Molineux. We are Wolves.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Thanks for that Seasider, and of course Jason.

As PumpKing says some of the insults aimed towards Jason are unfair and totally uncalled for. Trying to get your point of view across can and should be done without resorting to insults, after all when all said and done Jason is just doing his job.

I'm sure the club do listen to our views on here and realise we are not the majority of opinion from the fans as a whole. None of us know for certain that the goal music isn't wanted by the majority, we can assume this is the case by the reaction on here, but as PumpKing says it certainly doesn't give a true reflection of what the majority want.

I suppose as Seasider says if the club do gauge that the sentiment is large enough then they may respond, but they wont be able to gain just how large that sentiment is from the relatively small amount of opinions on here.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for that Seasider, and of course Jason.

As PumpKing says some of the insults aimed towards Jason are unfair and totally uncalled for. Trying to get your point of view across can and should be done without resorting to insults, after all when all said and done Jason is just doing his job.

I'm sure the club do listen to our views on here and realise we are not the majority of opinion from the fans as a whole. None of us know for certain that the goal music isn't wanted by the majority, we can assume this is the case by the reaction on here, but as PumpKing says it certainly doesn't give a true reflection of what the majority want.

I suppose as Seasider says if the club do gauge that the sentiment is large henough then they may respond, but they wont be able to gain just how large othat sentiment is from the relatively small amount of opinions on here.
online petition isn't really much good as not all people are online or if they are don't go on forums such as this , I'm be Pretty certain if someone did a survey at the ground most people would say ditch it , the odd one would say don't mind either way but virtually no one would say I love it and if they take it away I will comPlain !!!

W

WasStefan

I tweeted him and he private messaged me his mobile number. He doesn't take constructive criticism well by the looks of things...

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tweeted him and he private messaged me his mobile number. He doesn't take constructive criticism well by the looks of things...

What did your message entail ? I couldn't remember what I had put to him and no way expected him to private message me his mobile number lol , I'm a bit unsure whether he is a nice bloke who wants to speak with fans or he is just one of these that likes the feeling of some importance

W

WasStefan

What did your message entail ? I couldn't remember what I had put to him and no way expected him to private message me his mobile number lol , I'm a bit unsure whether he is a nice bloke who wants to speak with fans or he is just one of these that likes the feeling of some importance

All I wrote was #stopthegoalmusic

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh probably needs a few renditions of you can stick your goal music up your ass during games to get the message across

M

morosewolf

I would like to make a suggestion, if someone would like to pass it on to the club?

Why don't Wolves conduct an official poll using the same process as they do for Player of the Season. Options can be the same as on here and you have to have a supporter number to register so cannot (within reason) be hijacked. Can be publicised via websites and clubs social media.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to make a suggestion, if someone would like to pass it on to the club?

Why don't Wolves conduct an official poll using the same process as they do for Player of the Season. Options can be the same as on here and you have to have a supporter number to register so cannot (within reason) be hijacked. Can be publicised via websites and clubs social media.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think if the club receives a significant level of complaint emails/letters about the ‘goal music’ they would respond and give the fans the chance to decide. This may be by an online poll or a ‘phone text vote.

If the club thinks that this is an issue that simply upsets a small vocal minority, then nothing will change.

I don’t know how fans would respond if there was a vote….but it would be good to have the opportunity to have our say.

W

we8wba

1. Ditch Goal Music
2. Ditch one step dance academy - and if they stay least have them dancing front home end instead away
3. Ditch annoying bloke no one can understand on mic
4. Ditch the junior wolves dribbling the ball to the same music week in week out
5. Bring back the SHED or Crossbar challenge from penalty area

W

WasStefan

1. Ditch Goal Music
2. Ditch one step dance academy - and if they stay least have them dancing front home end instead away
3. Ditch annoying bloke no one can understand on mic
4. Ditch the junior wolves dribbling the ball to the same music week in week out
5. Bring back the SHED or Crossbar challenge from penalty area

1) I agree
2) they never perform in front of the Southbank cause they know they'll probably be harrassed, they're mostly overweight munters anyway, not missing out on much
3) I agree
4) harsh but true, why not let them play a quick 5-a-side?
5) agree

W

we8wba

1) I agree
2) they never perform in front of the Southbank cause they know they'll probably be harrassed, they're mostly overweight munters anyway, not missing out on much
3) I agree
4) harsh but true, why not let them play a quick 5-a-side?
5) agree

5 a side fine with me, watching them dribble about centre circle trying fancy tricks theyll never pull off in a proper game to any use is embarrassing

W

WasStefan

5 a side fine with me, watching them dribble about centre circle trying fancy tricks theyll never pull off in a proper game to any use is embarrassing

Most of the half-time set up is embarrassing. The SportingBet £25 challenge used to be good, as long as the people taking up the challenge had the $$$$$$$$ not to take the £50 after the first shot...

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all due respect lads, this is why we never make a concerted effort to really follow any chosen issue through to an acceptable conclusion.

This thread started off as yet another one on the goal music problem, but pretty soon it will get diluted into not wanting loads of other things, the crappy half time entertainment, all the usual moans and of course I will start to get the usual grief about flags and the stuff for the kids. Target one gripe at a time and have a real go at getting the goal music stopped.

Otherwise, as BitterBob pointed out we will be forever having yet more of these countless stop the goal music threads that achieve absolutely nowt.

If we can just concentrate on one issue at a time and put some real force behind it, then you might just start to get a few things sorted.

J

JR's Boots

With all due respect lads, this is why we never make a concerted effort to really follow any chosen issue through to an acceptable conclusion.

This thread started off as yet another one on the goal music problem, but pretty soon it will get diluted into not wanting loads of other things, the crappy half time entertainment, all the usual moans and of course I will start to get the usual grief about flags and the stuff for the kids. Target one gripe at a time and have a real go at getting the goal music stopped.

Otherwise, as Bitterbob pointed out we will be forever having yet more of these countless stop the goal music threads that achieve absolutely nowt.

If we can just concentrate on one issue at a time and put some real force behind it, then you might just start to get a few things sorted.

It's missing the point though. What Jason represents, along with Moxey is people at the club who just seem to have no understanding of being a football supporter or what Wolves the should stand for.

We shouldn't have to tell him the goal music is tacky, out of date, small timish and pointless. He should have worked that out of himself by now and ditched it long ago. I can't imagine there being many polls or complaints to the club to bring it back. Ditto the PA gibberish before kick off.

From our cheap and nasty kit and merchandise in the club shop, to the dubious admin charges, to the whole second rate match day experience, the club look amateurish and penny pinching. I hope that the changes that Morgan has intimated at includes improving relations between the supporters and the club.

B

BitterBob

It's missing the point though. What Jason represents, along with Moxey is people at the club who just seem to have no understanding of being a football supporter or what Wolves the should stand for.

We shouldn't have to tell him the goal music is tacky, out of date, small timish and pointless. He should have worked that out of himself by now and ditched it long ago. I can't imagine there being many polls or complaints to the club to bring it back. Ditto the PA gibberish before kick off.

From our cheap and nasty kit and merchandise in the club shop, to the dubious admin charges, to the whole second rate match day experience, the club look amateurish and penny pinching. I hope that the changes that Morgan has intimated at includes improving relations between the supporters and the club.
This
It should not be necassary for us to petition the club to stop doing something that is annoying. They should have enough about them to understand what the match day experience is like.
I just don't understand why on Gods earth he can't keep his finger off the button, just for once, I can assure him he would still see people jumping about. He doesn't understand though as evidenced by pushing the goal music button when we are three down.
Why is it up to us to tell him that's wrong, why do we have to be diplomatic in the hope he might listen, it's him who needs to listen, not us.

Back
Top Bottom