Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Please don’t sign Hwang

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its quite obvious isnt?
I think its very worrying that commercial value now strongly influences both transfers and team selection.

Quite how he is even getting a game is very very strange. His selection against Norwich was a joke after his awful cameo against Man City.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That 2000% thing is absolute nonsense.

A) you can see the Youtube views, it hasn't increased.

B)Do they even have youtube in South Korea?

C) It's a small population. South Korea has no marketing value.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have just spent 14 million on a useful midfielder, got into Europe and taken all the financial rewards from that.

If there is even any remote truth in what's suggested, what sort of manager present or future is willingly accepting those terms?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have just spent 14 million on a useful midfielder, got into Europe and taken all the financial rewards from that.

If there is even any remote truth in what's suggested, what sort of manager present or future is willingly accepting those terms?
The key to your last question is the "If there is even any remote truth.." part. It really is so unlikely and that is probably the clue to the truth of it.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2000%???? Seems a bit high to me
Not really... If my Countdown maths are anything to go by..

10 views x 2000% increase = 210 views
1000 views x 2000% increase = 21000 views

Then again I have never got the 10 points on Countdown.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bringing fact into the argument is just not fair!
South Korea’s population is only 4 million less than England.

It’s YouTube’s 15th biggest market, just behind France in 14th (UK is 11th).

Huge market to exploit. Their GDP per capita is higher than Italy, only $2000 behind the UK.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Buying players as marketing tools aside, you’re completely wrong about South Korea.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is 50 million people and yes they have Youtube literally their most searched website last month.
Are you thinking of North Korea?

No are you thinking of China/ India? Those aren't really impressive numbers?

Mexican or even Columbia would be a far bigger market and a more footballing obsessed culture.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No are you thinking of China/ India? Those aren't really impressive numbers?

Mexican or even Columbia would be a far bigger market and a more footballing obsessed culture.
South Korean's have nearly double the household disposable income as Mexico. Not even going to mention Columbia.

You are right this isn't going to make us millions but it is a decent size market in a rich country.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
I hope this move does help the club commercially, because this lad is an absolutely woeful footballer.

He is up there with Jesus Vallejo as the worst player I've seen in the fosun era.Absolute garbage

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
South Korean's have nearly double the household disposable income as Mexico. Not even going to mention Columbia.

You are right this isn't going to make us millions but it is a decent size market in a rich country.
Colombia and S Korea have virtually identical populations, but as you say the latter is by far the richer per capita - and far more obsessed with football since co-hosting the World Cup.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is 50 million people and yes they have Youtube literally their most searched website last month.
Are you thinking of North Korea?

Or South Korea 200 years ago!
Makes you wonder if the UK has Google, these things are so easily looked up. I think all sense of objectivity has disappeared with Hwang, he has clearly upset some to the core of their being.For me, he 's not good enough for our level, but not truly awful either. Pretty much at the same level as the likes of Cav and Costa. Being lower half Premier League level does not deserve the vile abuse and scapegoating he's getting here.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Or South Korea 200 years ago!
Makes you wonder if the UK has Google, these things are so easily looked up. I think all sense of objectivity has disappeared with Hwang, he has clearly upset some to the core of their being.For me, he 's not good enough for our level, but not truly awful either. Pretty much at the same level as the likes of Cav and Costa. Being lower half Premier League level does not deserve the vile abuse he's getting here.
Yeah he isn't worse than Trincão.

I could mischievously point out he has as many league goals as Neto did last season.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being lower half Premier League level does not deserve the vile abuse and scapegoating he's getting here.
I agree he might turn out to be an OK PL squad member - no doubt others will disagree.

He's just the latest player who, in the last few years, has been treated as a scapegoat. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't face criticism for their playing performance, but it often seems to spill over into the vitriol you mention.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would have thought 2000% of Korean fans would switch off after watching some of his performances recently.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope this move does help the club commercially, because this lad is an absolutely woeful footballer.

He is up there with Jesus Vallejo as the worst player I've seen in the fosun era.Absolute garbage

Jesus Vallejo whose currently starting for Real Madrid and is now ranked as their #10 player on WhoScored?

And I just don't see how scoring 5 goals in a team that cant' score goals could make him the worst signing under Fosun? That is just so much hyperbole and exagerration. Compared to , say ,Cutrone, Hwang has done much better. Cutrone had a song, and was "liked" despite not at any point looking a Premier League striker. Lokos like it's non-footballing reasons. Some players are "popular" and fans will go to any lengths to explain away their poor output. Others are just unpopular for whatever reason and that's, that? Fabio can miss sitters but "at least he's in the right place". Hwang scores but "it was a tap in my granny could have scored". It's always been that way with football.

Take Hwangs goals off and I make it we'd be in 11th right now, probably dropping more after defeat to Liverpool. How many millions are the 3 extra places i nthe table worth again?

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
His "song' was as cringeworthy as Cutrone"s - now the reality hits home of how little he brings to the team. I think Wolves spent around 65 million pound on Hwang, Silva & Cutrone for a return of less than 10 goals!!! Our scouting team & Jeff need to give their heads a wobble

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What would help the club commercially would be signing players who are good enough to create an exciting attractive team no matter where the players come from, signing players because of their nationality to "crack" a market is a gimmick and probably not even all that profitable

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really?

I'll raise you Cutrone, Gladon, Borthwick-Jackson, Oniangue, Nazon & Ola John off the top of my head.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Jesus Vallejo whose currently starting for Real Madrid and is now ranked as their #10 player on WhoScored?

And I just don't see how scoring 5 goals in a team that cant' score goals could make him the worst signing under Fosun? That is just so much hyperbole and exagerration. Compared to , say ,Cutrone, Hwang has done much better. Cutrone had a song, and was "liked" despite not at any point looking a Premier League striker. Lokos like it's non-footballing reasons. Some players are "popular" and fans will go to any lengths to explain away their poor output. Others are just unpopular for whatever reason and that's, that? Fabio can miss sitters but "at least he's in the right place". Hwang scores but "it was a tap in my granny could have scored". It's always been that way with football.

Take Hwangs goals off and I make it we'd be in 11th right now, probably dropping more after defeat to Liverpool. How many millions are the 3 extra places i nthe table worth again?
Vallejo starting for Real, come off it fella. They've won the league and have the final soon. Like saying Ruddy is starting for us

Back
Top Bottom