Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Phone call from Wolves

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all reans.
To be honest it's very difficult to put your finger on everything that is making this difference.

However what I will say is that with the two people heading the marketing team now, I see that they have been given much more control, together with a little more of a budget. But the greatest thing is that they are now being allowed to bring in their incredible ideas and initiatives that mean such a lot to fans, but don't cost anything. Such as the phone calls today. They cost nothing, but just look at how much they have meant to the fans involved and the others hearing about it. This proves just how much they care about fans.

This is what has been missing for so many years, simply having people there who are first and foremost Wolves fans themselves, and employees of the club second. As I've said, expect more of this, it's what fans have needed to see for so long and it's nothing less than they deserve in return for their undying support.

I genuinely cannot praise the Marketing team enough, they have always been brilliant and that's the very reason why I set up the volunteer team in the first place. Merely to assist and encourage them with anything and everything that they want us to do.

I'm so heartened to see that they are making this club really special again.

Its so warming and most of all refreshing to hear this :)

W

wolvesultra

Nice gesture and fairplay (not surprised with the two players mentioned as being involved) but it is only marketing lets not forget.

The fact football clubs even have marketing departments saddens me to be honest.

Bet some of you are the type to pay for a nice looking girls night if she just looks at you aren't you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have said "not today thank you" and put the phone down. Sounds a bit wierd to me. What if somebody else answered the phone and they didn't know you'd shelled out all that dosh? Was there a sweetener involved?

Last edited:
R

reanswolf

Not at all reans.
To be honest it's very difficult to put your finger on everything that is making this difference.

However what I will say is that with the two people heading the marketing team now, I see that they have been given much more control, together with a little more of a budget. But the greatest thing is that they are now being allowed to bring in their incredible ideas and initiatives that mean such a lot to fans, but don't cost anything. Such as the phone calls today. They cost nothing, but just look at how much they have meant to the fans involved and the others hearing about it. This proves just how much they care about fans.

This is what has been missing for so many years, simply having people there who are first and foremost Wolves fans themselves, and employees of the club second. As I've said, expect more of this, it's what fans have needed to see for so long and it's nothing less than they deserve in return for their undying support.

I genuinely cannot praise the Marketing team enough, they have always been brilliant and that's the very reason why I set up the volunteer team in the first place. Merely to assist and encourage them with anything and everything that they want us to do.

Thank you for such a detailed reply Pumpkin. It genuinely is great to hear.

I know not everything was/is Moxey's fault, but that is why I was so out of order with my comment about Laurie Dalrymple when he made his first press statement - I genuinely feared more of the same. I was genuinely absolutely gutted.

Now I feel the disconnect between club and fans is only going one way - mending all the time. It really feels like we can move forward again.
It might be little things but its the fact that have gone out of the way to value supporters.

Actions speak so much louder than words. And the actions recently all add up to a club to feel proud of, one that is singing from the same song sheet as the fans at last.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have always cared greatly about what fans think, the difference now is that they are being allowed to act in the way that they have always wanted to do.
This particular forum is monitored closely.

Just shows what our number fan was !

W

wolvesultra

I would of been convinced it was one of mates being a *****.

I took a phone call (at work) from Julian Clary once, full on camped up voice Thought it was someone on a wind up for the first minute or so looking around and laughing luckily I realised it wasn't and styled it out. He was making complaint on behalf of a relative needless to say I dished out a full policy refund and max compensation within my power to get it resolved quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Not at all reans.

I genuinely cannot praise the Marketing team enough, they have always been brilliant and that's the very reason why I set up the volunteer team in the first place. Merely to assist and encourage them with anything and everything that they want to achieve. I am so proud and honoured to have their trust.

Such a wonderful post, great thread too.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you tell Dave that most fans don't appreciate him and think he's ****??

Seriously though what a great idea and as said before me we'll done Wolves :)

D

Deleted member 4309

Did you tell Dave that most fans don't appreciate him and think he's ****??

Seriously though what a great idea and as said before me we'll done Wolves :)

Why don't you phone Ikeme and tell him how you feel.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice gesture and fairplay (not surprised with the two players mentioned as being involved) but it is only marketing lets not forget.

The fact football clubs even have marketing departments saddens me to be honest.

Bet some of you are the type to pay for a nice looking girls night if she just looks at you aren't you.

I was enjoying the positive posts and wondering how long it would be before someone had a moan/dig!
You just cannot please some on here.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great stuff must have been really nice for you. Also well done Wolves.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep I'd pay, but no chance I'd even get a look anyway. Maybe one of pity perhaps.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The cost of everything,the value of nothing.

Great story-thank heavens the 'best in the business' is now long gone.

W

wolvesultra

I was enjoying the positive posts and wondering how long it would be before someone had a moan/dig!
You just cannot please some on here.
'nice gesture' 'fairplay' yeah sounds like I'm moaning just pointing out it is a positive but its not exactly a massive thing is it really.

And where did I say I wasn't pleased?? Its called reality if you people really think it was something more than a cheap way of getting a bit of goodwill (not that thats a bad thing) you're ****ing deluded

D

Deleted member 3573J

I would of been convinced it was one of mates being a *****.

Like when Mickey Pearce calls Rodney pretending to be a representative of the sultan of brunei.

Hello, this is Dave Edwards
'Oh **** off, I'm not in the mood!!!'(puts the phone done)
(Dave gives puzzled look to ticket office staff)

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's not marketing when you call the people who've already bought from you, it's just good customer care.

Maybe they should next concentrate on ringing the people who won't renew because it's £20 too expensive, and convince them. That would be worthwhile marketing.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Simple touches are often the best.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is undeniable is that the current owners are making the effort.

It is obvious that they have recognised and accepted there was a growing chasm between fans and the club (predominantly of their own making) and are doing what they can to bridge the problems.

Little things like this give me hope that the culture of the club is changing from the roots up....and it's plain to see that despite the football is a tad inconsistent, the fans have already begun to respond.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell he's got 200 calls to make?! I hope he gets them done by Saturday afternoon!

W

WasStefan

Picture of them on Wolves snapchat doing this. Fair play

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This afternoon about 3.20pm I had a phone call from Kerri at Wolves
She said we are ringing the first 20 people or renewed their season ticket for next season and you was one of those and we have somebody who wants to say Thank you
Dave Edwards came on the phone, I was talking to him for about 7/8 minutes, unbelievable, what a fantastic gesture, I had a lot of dust in my eyes when I came from the phone
The first thing he did was apologise for the second half performance at Burton,, we spent time discussing the rest of the season and how it's going etc
What a day this has turned out to be, chuffed and very happy would be a massive understatement
I also thanked him for all his hard work, goals and effort for the cause
We've got Edwards, Super Dave Edwards

Out of all the players in the club it is no great surprise to find out it was Dave Edwards who was chosen or chose to make this call to you.
The guy embodies what is really good in the club. :)

E

Edgmond Wolf

She said we are ringing the first 20 people or renewed their season ticket for next season and you was one of those and we have somebody who wants to say Thank you
Dave Edwards came on the phone, I was talking to him for about 7/8 minutes, unbelievable, what a fantastic gesture, I had a lot of dust in my eyes when I came from the phone
The first thing he did was apologise for the second half performance at Burton,, we spent time discussing the rest of the season and how it's going etc
What a day this has turned out to be, chuffed and very happy would be a massive understatement

Well done mate

Exactly why I celebrated when Moxey left.....for two weeks

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of all the players in the club it is no great surprise to find out it was Dave Edwards who was chosen or chose to make this call to you.
The guy embodies what is really good in the club. :)

I hope he mentioned, to Dave, the humongous thread that we have about him on the Mix....he might feel like ringing one or two people up in particular, with a special message. ;)

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dear Wolves

Well done

Now can we have a sponsorless 1970s-style adidas kit (to apologise for Money Shop)

Thanks

Your old mate Hristo

S

ShropshireLad

Full credit to you for keeping him talking that long. If a call came out of the blue to me I'd have been so gob-smacked I doubt that I'd have been able to say much.

Back
Top Bottom