Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Phone call from Wolves

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This afternoon about 3.20pm I had a phone call from Kerri at Wolves
She said we are ringing the first 20 people or renewed their season ticket for next season and you was one of those and we have somebody who wants to say Thank you
Dave Edwards came on the phone, I was talking to him for about 7/8 minutes, unbelievable, what a fantastic gesture, I had a lot of dust in my eyes when I came from the phone
The first thing he did was apologise for the second half performance at Burton,, we spent time discussing the rest of the season and how it's going etc
What a day this has turned out to be, chuffed and very happy would be a massive understatement
I also thanked him for all his hard work, goals and effort for the cause
We've got Edwards, Super Dave Edwards

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's amazing, very impressed by Wolves marketing team right now!

Thanks for sharing!

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought they were calling to ask you to bring your boots for the Newcastle game Ercall!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's superb from wolves, what a great thing to do.

You should have told him to **** off as you don't want what he's selling, muttered something about the phone always going when the missus is getting frisky and hung up.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said before to expect more stuff like this from Wolves Marketing to make you proud.
These are the ones who are the "Best in the Business" at what they do.

Some of the interviews recently seem to genuinely address issues and concerns that are discussed on here too. It wouldn't surprise me if their social media team have a presence on The Mix to report back about things that are being discussed.

We should start a sticky thread to make life easier for them!

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
What a nice thing for the club to do! Thanks for sharing it Ercall :)

D

Deleted member TW5162

Awesome! Apparently Dicko was doing half the calls as well so you could have got him :)

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the interviews recently seem to genuinely address issues and concerns that are discussed on here too. It wouldn't surprise me if their social media team have a presence on The Mix to report back about things that are being discussed.

We should start a sticky thread to make life easier for them!

They have always cared greatly about what fans think, the difference now is that they are being allowed to act in the way that they have always wanted to do.
This particular forum is monitored closely.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have always cared greatly about what fans think, the difference now is that they are being allowed to act in the way that they have always wanted to do.

Great to hear. Long may it continue!

R

reanswolf

What in your opinion is the difference then Pumpkin, or the reason why it is now different? If you don't mind me asking mate.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that's the kind of thing that would never have happened in a million ****ing years in the Moxey era! Well done Wolves!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if he had phoned Poole!
the same thought had crossed my mind :eek:

nice guesture from the club and the player(s) though (I assume more players than just Dave involved)

D

Deleted member 4456

I have an answerphone message when I get home from a certain Nouha Dicko

Makes a change from Jez Moxey - he phoned me in 2002.
I wish Jez could have given me a call. I, and I suspect many others, would have had some choice words for him.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This afternoon about 3.20pm I had a phone call from Kerri at Wolves
She said we are ringing the first 20 people or renewed their season ticket for next season and you was one of those and we have somebody who wants to say Thank you
Dave Edwards came on the phone, I was talking to him for about 7/8 minutes, unbelievable, what a fantastic gesture, I had a lot of dust in my eyes when I came from the phone
The first thing he did was apologise for the second half performance at Burton,, we spent time discussing the rest of the season and how it's going etc
What a day this has turned out to be, chuffed and very happy would be a massive understatement
I also thanked him for all his hard work, goals and effort for the cause
We've got Edwards, Super Dave Edwards
Superb. Thats really brilliant

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Brilliant stuff! Lots of great things being done behind the scenes at the moment.

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant! There is a real feel godd factor about the club at the moment. Yes its only marketing, but its damn good marketing which is fantastic to see and read about.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What in your opinion is the difference then Pumpkin, or the reason why it is now different? If you don't mind me asking mate.

Not at all reans.
To be honest it's very difficult to put your finger on everything that is making this difference.

However what I will say is that with the two people heading the marketing team now, I see that they have been given much more control, together with a little more of a budget. But the greatest thing is that they are now being allowed to bring in their incredible ideas and initiatives that mean such a lot to fans, but don't cost anything. Such as the phone calls today. They cost nothing, but just look at how much they have meant to the fans involved and the others hearing about it. This proves just how much they care about fans.

This is what has been missing for so many years, simply having people there who are first and foremost Wolves fans themselves, and employees of the club second. As I've said, expect more of this, it's what fans have needed to see for so long and it's nothing less than they deserve in return for their undying support.

I genuinely cannot praise the Marketing team enough, they have always been brilliant and that's the very reason why I set up the volunteer team in the first place. Merely to assist and encourage them with anything and everything that they want to achieve. I am so proud and honoured to have their trust.

I'm so heartened to see that they are making this club really special again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom