Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Phone call from Wolves

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'nice gesture' 'fairplay' yeah sounds like I'm moaning just pointing out it is a positive but its not exactly a massive thing is it really.

And where did I say I wasn't pleased?? Its called reality if you people really think it was something more than a cheap way of getting a bit of goodwill (not that thats a bad thing) you're ****ing deluded
It's the negative slant of your post and your sarcastic tone and comments. It may not be a massive gesture or anything for you to get excited about but for me it's a positive demonstration that the club recognise they have bridges to rebuild with the fans.
The way we as fans were treated by the previous regime was very disappointing and together with the dire football served up, only drove fans away.
I therefore welcome any efforts made by the club to win back the fans and rekindle the feel-good factor around Molineux. On the back of the news about new season ticket incentives, surely you can accept this shows that the new owners are determined to improve everything about the club and that should be appreciated.
Be positive!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
It's the negative slant of your post and your sarcastic tone and comments.
It may not be a massive gesture or anything for you to get excited about but for me it's a positive demonstration that the club recognise they have bridges to rebuild with the fans.
The way we as fans were treated by the previous regime was very disappointing and together with the dire football served up, only drove fans away.
I therefore welcome any efforts made by the club to win back the fans and rekindle the feel-good factor around Molineux. On the back of the news about new season ticket incentives, surely you can accept this shows that the new owners are determined to improve everything about the club and that should be appreciated.
Be positive!
Great post. That is how I see it Aylesbury.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice gesture and fairplay (not surprised with the two players mentioned as being involved) but it is only marketing lets not forget.

The fact football clubs even have marketing departments saddens me to be honest.

Bet some of you are the type to pay for a nice looking girls night if she just looks at you aren't you.

This is the first time I have mentioned this (not trying to make an example of you here or make you feel bad by the way by saying what I am about to) .. but I know someone who tragically collapsed, totally out of the blue, on his way to the game on New Years Eve v QPR. I know this because I was with him, it was right by the Uni towards the subway. Many people were there on the scene, literally hundreds walking past and I am surprised it has not been mentioned and I have been in two thoughts on whether to bring it up but will. Unfortunately for me, his friends and his lovely family, he was pronounced dead on scene. It was horrible. Nobody could do anything although the fans and paramedics present were truly a credit.

Anyway, within a few days someone from the club got in touch with the family because the message was passed on. They could not suggest/or do enough. Such was the nature of Jimmy, his family did not want too much of a fuss given the character he was. However, the club insisted given his dedicated support. This resulted in a personal card from both the players and his idol Steve Bull, a gorgeous flower tribute at his funeral too, and also a mention in what I believe will be in the programme Saturday. It was a genuine comfort to both myself, and his family to know the club he loved made those gestures.

Trust me, Wolves care.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very moving to read Walsall.

We never hesitate to criticize the club when things don't go well. Equally we shouldn't hesitate to lavish praise when its due, as it rightly is on this occasion.

We're a family now and the club are playing their full part in fostering the relationship with the fans.

Well done to all concerned, very proud of our club and very proud to be a Wolves fan!

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the first time I have mentioned this (not trying to make an example of you here or make you feel bad by the way by saying what I am about to) .. but I know someone who tragically collapsed, totally out of the blue, on his way to the game on New Years Eve v QPR. I know this because I was with him, it was right by the Uni towards the subway. Many people were there on the scene, literally hundreds walking past and I am surprised it has not been mentioned and I have been in two thoughts on whether to bring it up but will. Unfortunately for me, his friends and his lovely family, he was pronounced dead on scene. It was horrible. Nobody could do anything although the fans and paramedics present were truly a credit.

Anyway, within a few days someone from the club got in touch with the family because the message was passed on. They could not suggest/or do enough. Such was the nature of Jimmy, his family did not want too much of a fuss given the character he was. However, the club insisted given his dedicated support. This resulted in a personal card from both the players and his idol Steve Bull, a gorgeous flower tribute at his funeral too, and also a mention in what I believe will be in the programme Saturday. It was a genuine comfort to both myself, and his family to know the club he loved made those gestures.

Trust me, Wolves care.

Sincere condolences for the loss of your friend, Walsall. That day and your most awful and tragic experiences must be a very difficult thing to ever get over.

The actions of the club in no way surprise me though. We are all in this together and there for each other, because of the example that the club shows us.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Trust me, Wolves care.
Thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends, very sad
God bless

R

reanswolf

To be fair, when it comes to things like this, the club seem to have been excellent for years. And credit to them.

Also good at Community stuff - 'Kickz' in the community for instance.

The only area where they were detached somewhat was customer relations, illustrated primarily through their restrictive ticketing and public persona. Anyone who saw Moxey's speech to fans at Norwich will 'get' what I am saying. It was as if it was an irritant to him, and he could be equally condescending at the Fans Parliament.

Its so great to see the club actually care about fan growth.

W

wolvesultra

It's the negative slant of your post and your sarcastic tone and comments. It may not be a massive gesture or anything for you to get excited about but for me it's a positive demonstration that the club recognise they have bridges to rebuild with the fans.
Be positive!
I've said its a a nice thing and I am positive just cautiously I just think some on here are blowing it up. There's still a lot of issues that need to be addressed I'd just don't want people to forget that because of a few gimmicky phone calls.

I hope like you say this is a step in the right direction and not just a way of grabbing some cheap goodwill whilst they continue to ignore the real issues....i guess only time will tell.

W

wolvesultra

Trust me, Wolves care.

Such a sad story, condolences for your loss. A great response from the club. I've never denied that there's people at the club who care. In fact I've often pointed out theres some great people 'on the ground' at Wolves who do a fantastic job (our own Pumpking being an example).

All I'm saying is these phone calls are a really nice gesture but thats all they are a gesture. Quite frankly if people really think that its come direct from the owners then they are deluded.

Last edited by a moderator:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sincere condolences for the loss of your friend, Walsall. That day and your most awful and tragic experiences must be a very difficult thing to ever get over.

The actions of the club in no way surprise me though. We are all in this together and there for each other, because of the example that the club shows us.
Its been bloody difficult walking that way via the subway in the games since. But how I feel must be nothing in comparison to his family. None more so than his son Shaun who went with him to the games for the last 18 years and sat with him in the South Bank. I pretty much guarantee they are both recogniseable faces for supporters.

We are trying our best to get him back up but he cannot even go remotely near the ground at the moment which is fully understandable. I cannot comprehend what he is going through. Him his dad and Wolves all came as one and there are thousands that would understand that I am sure, yet to lose him in those circumstances, bolt out the blue and in his arms..god, I am getting emotional just merely thinking about it.

As I say, their will be a little tribute in the programme on Saturday so look out for it.

T

Tamworth Wolf

Walsall Wolf,
First and foremost my condolences to Shaun and his family
I don't come on here as often as i should but having read your comments i have to say it makes me proud to see what Wolves have done for Shaun and his family and with your help and the help of the club Shaun will soon be in his rightful place on the Southbank

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its been bloody difficult walking that way via the subway in the games since. But how I feel must be nothing in comparison to his family. None more so than his son Shaun who went with him to the games for the last 18 years and sat with him in the South Bank. I pretty much guarantee they are both recogniseable faces for supporters.

We are trying our best to get him back up but he cannot even go remotely near the ground at the moment which is fully understandable. I cannot comprehend what he is going through. Him his dad and Wolves all came as one and there are thousands that would understand that I am sure, yet to lose him in those circumstances, bolt out the blue and in his arms..god, I am getting emotional just merely thinking about it.

As I say, their will be a little tribute in the programme on Saturday so look out for it.

That is heartbreaking to read mate, and obviously it must be horrendous for you, but as you say, so much more so for his son Shaun.
I can fully appreciate how Shaun feels about not wanting to go near the ground at the moment, but in time I'm sure he will come to realise that going to games was the overriding bond that they shared.
He will return, I'm sure, given time and then he can remember and savour those days they shared together.

When the day comes that he does feel able to return to games, please let me know. I know we can organise something special for him to ease what I'm sure will be a traumatic day for him.

S

ShropshireLad

This afternoon about 3.20pm I had a phone call from Kerri at Wolves
She said we are ringing the first 20 people or renewed their season ticket for next season and you was one of those and we have somebody who wants to say Thank you
Dave Edwards came on the phone, I was talking to him for about 7/8 minutes, unbelievable, what a fantastic gesture, I had a lot of dust in my eyes when I came from the phone
The first thing he did was apologise for the second half performance at Burton,, we spent time discussing the rest of the season and how it's going etc
What a day this has turned out to be, chuffed and very happy would be a massive understatement
I also thanked him for all his hard work, goals and effort for the cause
We've got Edwards, Super Dave Edwards
Full credit to you for keeping him talking that long. If a call came out of the blue to me I'd have been so gob-smacked I doubt that I'd have been able to say much.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Full credit to you for keeping him talking that long. If a call came out of the blue to me I'd have been so gob-smacked I doubt that I'd have been able to say much.
The conversation just flowed naturally but equally I was conscious that he had a number of other calls to make.
Great experience, great effort by Dave and by the club
And Thank you to everyone for their kind comments, appreciate it

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a sad story, condolences for your loss. A great response from the club. I've never denied that there's people at the club who care. In fact I've often pointed out theres some great people 'on the ground' at Wolves who do a fantastic job (our own Pumpking being an example).

All I'm saying is these phone calls are a really nice gesture but thats all they are a gesture. Quite frankly if people really think that its come direct from the owners then they are deluded.

Yes it's just a gesture, and no I don't believe it has come from the owners. BUT after the years of being neglected and treated poorly by the previous regime it's a very welcome sign.

For too long we were expected to support the team and never criticise what was going on with the club. Every year when the early bird came out again we were expected to be grateful they had frozen the price. I, and I would imagine others, really questioned whether to renew. As the figures over the last few seasons have shown fans have been driven away, and nothing was done by the club to get them back.

The last few seasons I have left it to the last minute to renew whereas this year, I did it in a couple of days. Why? Because they have tried to address the issue. I'm not bothered about a potential refund on my ticket but find the incentives they've introduced for getting kids in very encouraging. The comments on getting people in I fully agree with. I'd rather have a full molineux creating an atmosphere then it being half empty.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is heartbreaking to read mate, and obviously it must be horrendous for you, but as you say, so much more so for his son Shaun.
I can fully appreciate how Shaun feels about not wanting to go near the ground at the moment, but in time I'm sure he will come to realise that going to games was the overriding bond that they shared.
He will return, I'm sure, given time and then he can remember and savour those days they shared together.

When the day comes that he does feel able to return to games, please let me know. I know we can organise something special for him to ease what I'm sure will be a traumatic day for him.
PumpKing, I really appreciate that mate and so would his family. Nobody deserves to lose their dad at only 26. I will keep everyone posted.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it's just a gesture, and no I don't believe it has come from the owners. BUT after the years of being neglected and treated poorly by the previous regime it's a very welcome sign.

For too long we were expected to support the team and never criticise what was going on with the club. Every year when the early bird came out again we were expected to be grateful they had frozen the price. I, and I would imagine others, really questioned whether to renew. As the figures over the last few seasons have shown fans have been driven away, and nothing was done by the club to get them back.

The last few seasons I have left it to the last minute to renew whereas this year, I did it in a couple of days. Why? Because they have tried to address the issue. I'm not bothered about a potential refund on my ticket but find the incentives they've introduced for getting kids in very encouraging. The comments on getting people in I fully agree with. I'd rather have a full molineux creating an atmosphere then it being half empty.

Just to address your one point about this not coming from the new owners. In a way it is though, because the owners in their wisdom have put the right people in charge now, and we are certainly seeing good results.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've done this under Moxey too.

Funnily enough, I was told this yesterday by the very same people who are now responsible for the improvement.

It seems though that on Jezs' watch everything we did, good or bad and however well intentioned was viewed with distaste. Still, we must move on now, we have a whole new dawn to savour and enjoy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3604

Funnily enough, I was told this yesterday by the very same people who are now responsible for the improvement.

It seems though that on Jezs' watch everything he did, good or bad and however well intentioned was viewed with distaste. Still, we must move on now, we have a new dawn to savour and enjoy.

I have a sneaky feeling the 'refunds' will be honoured even if they don't reach the magical target. Some big results needed in the next few games.

S

ShropshireLad

For too long we were expected to support the team and never criticise what was going on with the club.
I will never forget the **** saying this time last year, "If they don't like it then they're not the fans we want to have." What a ****.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Trust me, Wolves care.

Such a sad story, and thoughts with his friends and family. But the right time to bring it up. Wolves certainly do care, and we should be proud of that.

W

wolvesultra

I agree its a potential welcome sign.

You slate (rightfully) the previous regime for the fact we were expected not to criticise them and that we were expected to be grateful for an early bird price freeze.

Yet you expect me not to look at this in a balanced way (I wouldn't say I'm criticising just saying see it for what it is ... a gimmick). And for the vast majority isn't what they've done re season tickets just a price freeze??

So let me get this right:
Old administration bad for not allowing criticism / bad for price freezes

New administration I must not dare question this phone call as / ok for price freezes

Makes perfect sense.

All I'm saying is the new regime are still very much in the 'the jurys out' bracket for me and some gimmicky phone calls are not gonna change that. Not like half on here who must have been starved of attention as kids if this ****fest over a few calls is anything to go by.

S

ShropshireLad

He's had 66 "Likes" now...definitely the sign of the devil. :D

W

wolvesultra

Top man

Apologies that I've continued my debate on this thread (tend to respond to quoted posts automatically). I seem to have a slightly different opinion on these calls than most. I stand by that......BUT thats really not important when compared to Walsall Wolfs story.

R

reanswolf

Top man

Apologies that I've continued my debate on this thread (tend to respond to quoted posts automatically). I seem to have a slightly different opinion on these calls than most. I stand by that......BUT thats really not important when compared to Walsall Wolfs story.

I know what your saying Ultra, your'e not wrong, and I think you have been jumped on a bit here.
Walsall's story is tragic, we all acknowledge that, I admit I'm just so relieved Moxey has gone and the club for the first time, have offered great pricing that shows genuinely, that they are concerned about fan growth.
That's why I am over the moon with them.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top man

Ultra my son I fully understand and appreciate your scepticism. After what we've all experienced over the years, it is almost impossible to accept that things could have changed as much as they have.
Time will tell long term of course, but I follow this stuff closely and I can tell you that the things I see going on, really are different now, I promise you.

You can give me a public rollicking on here, if I'm wrong pal, but I won't be expecting one anytime soon.

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Being a bit long in the tooth the phone message from Nouha was a nice surprise. To my two teenage boys it was out of this world. Great gesture Wolves.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great gesture , it put a smile on my face and I bet a lot of fans have one too.

But you deserve it and its good to know the cub don't take the most loyal of fans for granted.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but the only phone call I ever got from Wolves was to tell me my ticket for the Play-Off Final at Cardiff had been cancelled. My mate had told me I could use his girlfriend's ST number as she could get her ticket via her son who was on the books at Wolves. What I didn't know was they were going through a rocky patch. She went to Molineux and said her ST number had been used fraudulently. I couldn't get a replacement - it was too late.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So very sad to read about Shauns dad, your friend Walsall. There are no words to adequately express my feelings. Take Pumpking at his word, I had the pleasure of meeting him recently and found him to be a gentleman, such a pleasure these days. My regards to Shaun and his family.

Back
Top Bottom