Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace verdict

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a timely reminder that this squad needs strengthening badly. We all know about CM, but we need a senior striker too. When Raul has an off day, we've got nothing.

16 points from 11 games is better than our performances so far deserve so not the end of the world.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry folks, you'll have to forego my incisive wit. I'm too disappointed with Laaaage's strategy today. Kilman is still the man.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One team really wanted to win this game.

The other, didn't seem that bothered.
Came here to write exactly this. We rolled over and let a poor side tickle our belly.

Really, really disappointed in the effort from us today. Work rate should be a given but it was non-existent from most and once again Bruno's in-game management was very worrying. A very bad day at the office and feel sorry for those that made the trip down there.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That was a desperately poor performance.

I've given Bruno a lot of praise recently but I felt that was on him today. Our pressing was almost suicidal - Palace had a good few chances to release the runner which they squandered.

Bringing Adam on at RWB seemed mad, as did sticking with the 5atb when we were so clearly being outfought.

I'm surprised Hwang didn't come off for Traore, he looked off the pace today

Our central midfield is the most pressing issue imo. Beggars belief we've only got one more option there

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aggressive in the press which is every thing we aren’t.......they may not be great but they ****ing no how to stop a team from playing !!!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually didnt think we were that bad for an hour
The goal goes in and we lose all shape
Thought our forwards were all poor today although the service was almost non existent
Nothing sticking and our passing was off
Like i said after last weeks game,we are not a top 7 team,mid table is our level im afraid
Credit to Palace though they pressed well and gave us no time on the ball,they look a decent side tbf
Need a couple of wins before December,or its going to be a cold cold winter ahead

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very frustrating day. My ropey streams made for a disjointed watching experience, which didn’t help. We never looked in it apart from the period immediately after their first goal. From various angles, it looked like VAR robbed us of a penalty, but was correct overturning the offside on their first. Missed the second goal as my stream froze, and nothing of note from the period after that except Palace managed the game out better than we’ve done when ahead recently.

Kilman was excellent again, both at the back and getting forward. Everyone else, meh. Not too disheartened as Palace away is a tough place this season, but disappointing none the less.

Last edited:

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the game. Chilly day against the Palace cloggers..some of our players did`nt like it up em today and it showed. Two CM against these lot was never going to work. they constantly went through us with ease, especially second half. The plan of sitting deep was working till HT though. Felt for Raul, as he was starved of any service. Palace were quicker to the ball from start to finish and deserved the win.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno vs Bruno, failing to see the difference. We have the odd good half of the football but the performances have been largely below par for a few weeks now, despite results being relatively decent. Feels all too familiar but it will catch up with you eventually.

And for all those who slag off Adama, what exactly does Trincao offer? No threat whatsoever. And as for Bruno's subs, taking Semedo off for Adama was laughable, both needed to be on the pitch. The bloke doesn't have a clue what he's doing when it comes to in game changes.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Today was similar to Brentford. Sometimes it takes finesse to win games, sometimes it takes force. Unfortunately when we come up against brutal, physical teams we can be found wanting.

Perhaps our more physical specimens eg Boly, Dendoncker and Traore would have made a difference. The one touch stuff wasn't coming off and our lack of aggression in comparison to them was also noticeable.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will also say that Coady once again struggles when he comes up against a physical striker. I fear what Antonio could do to him when we play West Ham after the break.

Our central midfield was garbage today and I like Semedo but he was simply terrible. Our attackers all looked disjointed and too far apart and it basically looked a mess. No one got hold of Gallagher and anyone with half a brain would know how good he has been this season and that someone had to stick on him or at least maybe get Donck on.

Lack of pace through the middle of the team is a big problem as well and we need additions in central areas with pace and strength in January.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but both Donck and Boly should have played today and I do hope they do against West Ham as if we set up with the same central midfield and centre backs in this game it will be a long afternoon in my opinion.

Plus points are Kilman and RAN to a lesser extent. The rest were really poor.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno vs Bruno, failing to see the difference. We have the odd good half of the football but the performances have been largely below par for a few weeks now, despite results being relatively decent. Feels all too familiar but it will catch up with you eventually.

And for all those who slag off Adama, what exactly does Trincao offer? No threat whatsoever. And as for Bruno's subs, taking Semedo off for Adama was laughable, both needed to be on the pitch. The bloke doesn't have a clue what he's doing when it comes to in game changes.
Trincao is more suited to a Man City/Barcelona style. Small passes, lots of movement around him, triangles etc. Something we are horrible at. Similar to Bernardo silva, put silva in our team and he would be as ineffective

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao is more suited to a Man City/Barcelona style. Small passes, lots of movement around him, triangles etc. Something we are horrible at. Similar to Bernardo silva, put silva in our team and he would be as ineffective
Perhaps but Trincao just flatters to deceive for me, has potential but just floats around and often does little.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feigning injury across the pitch. Ait-Nouri going down easily in an attempt to win a penalty, twice. Our skipper going down holding his head when the contact was on his shoulder. Podence swan diving. Constantly haranguing the referee over nothing incidents. Methinks Bruno is more an advocate of the dark arts than Nuno.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Today for me was a mixture of Bruno getting it wrong and players hiding. It was obvious early on that we were losing the midfield battle, our forward players could not hold onto the ball due to the Palace press and full backs rarely got out. The game cried out from our perspective imo for an extra midfielder and to go 3-5-2.

Today we got what we deserved

D

Deleted member (smith)

Palace the better team but fine margins and a bit of luck….

VAR overturned an offside decision.

VAR a overturned a wolves penalty which commentators said was a clear penalty.

VAR did not overturn Gallagher’s goal although as commentators noted he clearly controlled the ball with his arm.

reality is that we have not scored or got a point from anyone in the top ten…unlikely to finish in the top ten without real improvement.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After seeing Gallagher's energy today, I wonder how long Bruno can continue with 2 in midfield, especially with a 35 year old Moutinho in there whose legs aren't what they used to be. It's a big disadvantage from the off against teams who press high and want to keep the ball.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not pinning the blame on him but I had high hopes for Trincao and he's really not met expectations.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My mate asked if I could adjust his back door today, I said I couldn't as I was watching Wolves.

I can't believe it, I could have been adjusting his door instead of watching that.

The decisions made not to add some bite to our midfield pre season will haunt us. Dendoncker wouldn't have made any difference.
What I wouldn't give for a Calvin Phillip's type player.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely this. I like the guy, but don't think any of our wins are due to his decisions, particularly tactically.
Podence seemed to change the game vs Villa!

Last word on today - one of those game where absolutely nothing came off for us. Every attacking move broke down after a weird rebound or something. VAR overturned two things for us (one correctly, not sure about the peno). We were also second best to everything. A mistake and a loss is fine. The response has to be good

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely this. I like the guy, but don't think any of our wins are due to his decisions, particularly tactically.
He picks the team and sets it up. Doesn't that mean everything is down to his making really?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
A typical Selhurst Park performance from us. Rarely do we win there, sometimes we get a draw, but often we lose, normally without scoring. Whatever the result we never play well and it's normally a dire game (1982 aside when we won 4-3 there!). Happens nearly every season and somehow I'm always full of hope things will change with next one!

One to forget and to look towards West Ham after the break. Unless you're a fan of a top 4 side it's normal football, your next defeat and poor performance is never far away However, it does show us where we are and where we'll probably finish this season - mid-table.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
[
My mate asked if I could adjust his back door today, I said I couldn't as I was watching Wolves.

I can't believe it, I could have been adjusting his door instead of watching that.

The decisions made not to add some bite to our midfield pre season will haunt us. Dendoncker wouldn't have made any difference.
What I wouldn't give for a Calvin Phillip's type player.

I'm not sure whether that's a euphemism or not. To each his own

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A post script to the last word, our pressing was very very pointless today. Palace passed it round us easily and could have had a few more if their final ball was better. Benteke won every header.

Obviously the hyperboles come out when Wolves lose, but that was (for me) the worst performance of the season.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abysmall performance, we had time to change it at half time didn't do it and 10mins into the 2nd half the warning signs were apparent.

Shambles of a first goal with a truly dreadful clearance form Semedo and more baffling subs by Bruno which did nothing to address the issues.

Really gets me down seeing how well we can play and then turn up and produce this dress.
With a manager who’s still encountering ‘new to him’ teams in a new to him disivion.

Get over yourself.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost to the better team in the end. Nothing in it at HT, it looked like a penalty or sending off would be the difference. But then they stepped up and we didn't. Our subs changed nothing for the better. Probably going to get a similar result against West Ham.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best two players are Kilman and Ait-Nouri today. Doesn't say a lot for some of the older heads does it, especially in games like this where experience should count for something in at least giving us a shot.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A post script to the last word, our pressing was very very pointless today. Palace passed it round us easily and could have had a few more if their final ball was better. Benteke won every header.

Obviously the hyperboles come out when Wolves lose, but that was (for me) the worst performance of the season.
Not sure it was the worst performance, but I agree completely about the press. We were second best across the pitch.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did you actually watch the Everton game? FFS….

Back
Top Bottom