Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace verdict

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Our best two players are Kilman and Ait-Nouri today. Doesn't say a lot for some of the older heads does it, especially in games like this where experience should count for something in at least giving us a shot.
Totally agree mate and is it a coincidence that they are the only two in our side not about to go and play full internationals unless I’m mistaken?….So many pulled out of tackles and bottled challenges today it was embarrassing! Think today is on Bruno though…far too passive tactically and Traore at wingback?!

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointing today. Wolves were ****ing awful and offered nothing.

Palace were crap too game could have gone either way.

Really not good enough. I can take losing but we did not turn up and I have no idea why.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Strange performance. The tactic seemed to be don't lose sit back come away with a point.
Palace had more energy and got at us.
Kilman excellent again today, midfield out muscled. Trincao too soft and not up to it against the more physical teams.

Do not understand leaving Traore out until the last knockings, we could have pushed them back if he was brought on earlier but not as
a rwb.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After seeing Gallagher's energy today, I wonder how long Bruno can continue with 2 in midfield, especially with a 35 year old Moutinho in there whose legs aren't what they used to be. It's a big disadvantage from the off against teams who press high and want to keep the ball.

Midfield three against these teams should be Neves, Donck and Podence as a no10. I was amazed Bruno just left it as it was for so long when it was so obvious what should have been done. The Adama for Semedo sub was just laughable.

T

TheConcourse

The only player that leaves the pitch with anything remotely resembling credit is Kilman. Again.

Semedo, Coady, Saiss - very poor
Neves & Moutinho - way too deep. Outnumbered.
Hwang, Jimenez, Trincao - weak as ****.
RAN - meh.

It reminded me a lot of Everton’s performances on Monday night in the first half. The difference is we didn’t have the heart, effort, desire or tactical nous to change the pattern.

STOP PLAYING SO ****ING DEEP WITHOUT THE BALL.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I try not to over-react after a defeat, but that really was **** poor.
I'm a bit done with pretty Portuguese boys like Semedo and Trincao - sick of saying we need to sign some East European thugs but that's exactly what we need. Put Soucek next to Neves and we'd be transformed.
But Semedo? I'm done with him, thanks. The idea of possibly giving Barca nearly £60m for him and Trincao is ludicrous.
Someone has given Trincao 5/10. **** me, if you get 5/10 for lacing your boots up & collecting your pay packet I'll have some of that

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only player that leaves the pitch with anything remotely resembling credit is Kilman. Again.

Semedo, Coady, Saiss - very poor
Neves & Moutinho - way too deep. Outnumbered.
Hwang, Jimenez, Trincao - weak as ****.
RAN - meh.

It reminded me a lot of Everton’s performances on Monday night in the first half. The difference is we didn’t have the heart, effort, desire or tactical nous to change the pattern.

STOP PLAYING SO ****ING DEEP WITHOUT THE BALL.
Notice that you left Sa out. I'd add him to your first category. The fact that absolutely nothing stuck hardly helped defensive confidence.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually didnt think we were that bad for an hour
The goal goes in and we lose all shape
Thought our forwards were all poor today although the service was almost non existent
Nothing sticking and our passing was off
Like i said after last weeks game,we are not a top 7 team,mid table is our level im afraid
Credit to Palace though they pressed well and gave us no time on the ball,they look a decent side tbf
Need a couple of wins before December,or its going to be a cold cold winter ahead
Thought similar - up until the first goal it was pretty even with both defences on top and I was actually happy with that being the away side against a team that had come off a deserved win at Man City.
After that we didn’t seem to have it in us to exert any additional forward threat required and became clueless.
Why Traore was not pushed more forward when we needed a goal is baffling.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Truly terrible, but it’s always the same against these physical teams unfortunately. Brentford, these and it’ll be the same against West Ham in 2 weeks. We are just too lightweight in certain areas of the pitch. I know that some people love Coady but what does he actually do other than shout? Toney bullied him, Benteke bullied him, Antonio will bully him like he did last season, all whilst allowing the midfield to be over run thanks to this **** formation accommodating him.

We need to go to a back 4, get some support for Neves and Moutinho and learn to keep the ball. Everton gave us time, Leeds didn’t, these didn’t, and the result is constantly giving the ball away.

On a positive, Kilman and Air Nouri both played well, but Lage is concerning me with his reluctance to change things and his persistence with Coady.

My final point, they were dirty *******s and the ref was an absolute disgrace. He booked Moutinho when their player dived yet Gallagher, koyate, Mcarthur and Ward should have each received about 3 yellow cards.

T

TheConcourse

We haven’t had one good performance away from home. Worrying
Leicester 2nd half was good.

A good 90 minutes? United and Spurs at home.

This league is weird though. 5 teams that win more often than not. 3 really bad ones and 12 that have no consistency at all.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too happy for a point today and as a result got what we deserved - FA. With the talent and the international pedigree we have we should be giving teams like Palace a game. Did not turn up which is disgraceful. Apart from occasional patches recently we are still playing the Nuno 'do not lose' way. We saw last season this does not work. We still cannot hold on to the ball. We have the forward players to play on the front foot in matches but are just too happy to sit back. Still no creativity from mf; replacing Moutinho in January is a must. WHU next which is a great game to gauge where we are - decent top 10 or bottom half. At this time I really have no idea which way we are heading.

Reaction score
I do wonder given yet another game where Lage seemed reluctant to change things and made his substitutions very late, excactly how much confidence he actually has in his bench. We know he wants extra 'good' players to extend his squad depth, perhaps we will see a more proactive Lage when he gets them.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feigning injury across the pitch. Ait-Nouri going down easily in an attempt to win a penalty, twice. Our skipper going down holding his head when the contact was on his shoulder. Podence swan diving. Constantly haranguing the referee over nothing incidents. Methinks Bruno is more an advocate of the dark arts than Nuno.
I wonder how many would agree with you? What do others think?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder given yet another game where Lage seemed reluctant to change things and made his substitutions very late, excactly how much confidence he actually has in his bench. We know he wants extra 'good' players to extend his squad depth, perhaps we will see a more proactive Lage when he gets them.

We are seeing from Lage exactly what we saw from Nuno on that score. We simply don't have the options on the bench.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 6 - Did his job
Ait-Nouri 6 - Marshalled Zaha Well
Kilman 6 - Again, the star of the defense
Coady 5 - Yeah? Umm fine
Saiss 4 - Ugh
Semedo 4 - Ugh
Neves 7 - man on a mission, doing it on his own
Moutinho 5 - he was on the pitch
Trincao 3 - eww
Raul 0 - dreadful, weak, awful
Hwang 5 - put all the effort in for the **** poor other two

Podence 5 - he got on the pitch
Traore 3 - he touched the ball
Silva n/a

Typical Wolves, mid table team.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too happy for a point today and as a result got what we deserved - FA. With the talent and the international pedigree we have we should be giving teams like Palace a game. Did not turn up which is disgraceful. Apart from occasional patches recently we are still playing the Nuno 'do not lose' way. We saw last season this does not work. We still cannot hold on to the ball. We have the forward players to play on the front foot in matches but are just too happy to sit back. Still no creativity from mf; replacing Moutinho in January is a must. WHU next which is a great game to gauge where we are - decent top 10 or bottom half. At this time I really have no idea which way we are heading.
Ill give you a clue, we wont be top ten

Maybe top of the bottom half but no better
That in its self is not bad for this season tbh
As you say we are "patchy" and thats good enough to pick up enough points not to struggle,but no more than that

I went through the remaining fixtures a few weeks back,as i do,and came up with 52 points by seasons end. that usually gets you top half just,but im not confident we will even do that unless we bring in 2 quality midfielders in January and Neto gets back firing on full cylinders early in New year

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will say, enjoy Neves whilst we can, he's a man above and that's got to be his last season with us. He's simply just a mental level above those teammates.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are seeing from Lage exactly what we saw from Nuno on that score. We simply don't have the options on the bench.

Really? Donck, Boly, Podence, Adama. Use them properly in todays game and they could all have had an impact. Instead Lage takes off Semedo and replaces him with Adama when we were getting over run in midfield.

He could easily have introduced both Donck and Podence in the central midfield with Podence in a more central attacking role and got a better grip in central midfield but just ignored this area again as he did in the Leeds away game where the central midfield was again over run. Even give young Cundle a go in the middle if needs be. At least try and stop the lack of anything in central midfield.

T

TheConcourse

Sa 6 - Did his job
Ait-Nouri 6 - Marshalled Zaha Well
Kilman 6 - Again, the star of the defense
Coady 5 - Yeah? Umm fine
Saiss 4 - Ugh
Semedo 4 - Ugh
Neves 7 - man on a mission, doing it on his own
Moutinho 5 - he was on the pitch
Trincao 3 - eww
Raul 0 - dreadful, weak, awful
Hwang 5 - put all the effort in for the **** poor other two

Podence 5 - he got on the pitch
Traore 3 - he touched the ball
Silva n/a

Typical Wolves, mid table team.
That final sentence is spot on. We’re in a cluster of teams that are decent on their day, crap on others and average on most.

8th to 12th. It is what it is.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ill give you a clue, we wont be top ten

Maybe top of the bottom half but no better
That in its self is not bad for this season tbh
As you say we are "patchy" and thats good enough to pick up enough points not to struggle,but no more than that

I went through the remaining fixtures a few weeks back,as i do,and came up with 52 points by seasons end. that usually gets you top half just,but im not confident we will even do that unless we bring in 2 quality midfielders in January and Neto gets back firing on full cylinders early in New year
Yep this, the January window is so important if we want to finish upper mid table.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Palace. A fully deserved victory.

We couldn't match their aggression or work ethic. If you can't do that then you don't deserve anything.

Vieira made Lage his bitch today. It's probably the first time I've been disappointed in Lage. Much like Benitez against us, why wait so long before doing anything to change the match. It was clear after half an hour how it was going to go. Changes needed to be made sooner. Sacrifice a defender to get an extra midfielder on. Get Traore on for Trincao. We needed some physicality in the team.

And cut out the theatrics.

Now we have two weeks to dwell on it because of the bloody internationals.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Donck, Boly, Podence, Adama. Use them properly in todays game and they could all have had an impact. Instead Lage takes off Semedo and replaces him with Adama when we were getting over run in midfield.

He could easily have introduced both Donck and Podence in the central midfield with Podence in a more central attacking role and got a better grip in central midfield but just ignored this area again as he did in the Leeds away game where the central midfield was again over run. Even give young Cundle a go in the middle if needs be. At least try and stop the lack of anything in central midfield.

I think Donk is the only one that has a real impact in that game from the bench, and only if we sacrificed a striker. Agree Traore for Semedo was pretty pointless but bringing Traore on for Trincao which many wanted wouldn't have made a difference wither, we simply were not getting the forwards into the game at all. Podence maybe behind two forwards? Not sure that would have mattered today either.

Our options are just few and I think one real issue we have is the elephant in the room that is Coady, he is our leader and appears almost undroppable and while that is the case we won't see a back four which could really help us at times.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a disappointing performance, I switched over to watch the rugby. After the bright performance (first half) against Everton, we were back to the lacklustre drivel that we endured against Leeds.
Not sure what to make of our team other than losing my voice shouting at the telly.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just watched their first goal again. Jesus, what an absolute **** show. I'm not totally excusing Sa but Semedo boots it 20 yards straight to a Palace player. How many bloody goals does he cost us? We have to upgrade at RB/RWB depending on what system we play

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched their first goal again. Jesus, what an absolute **** show. I'm not totally excusing Sa but Semedo boots it 20 yards straight to a Palace player. How many bloody goals does he cost us? We have to upgrade at RB/RWB depending on what system we play

He can't be trusted at all , brilliant for 89mins then just an aberration that costs us a goal...I'd be moving him on sharpish if we can.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful performances very reminiscent of the Leeds game out battled and hustled by a very average Palace team.

Defence was poor barring Kilman. Saiss does what Saiss does and Coady got bullied by ****ing Benteke.

We are becoming the reverse of us under Nuno instead of being poor in possession and good without it, We good in possession and poor without it.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I try not to over-react after a defeat, but that really was **** poor.
I'm a bit done with pretty Portuguese boys like Semedo and Trincao - sick of saying we need to sign some East European thugs but that's exactly what we need. Put Soucek next to Neves and we'd be transformed.
But Semedo? I'm done with him, thanks. The idea of possibly giving Barca nearly £60m for him and Trincao is ludicrous.
Someone has given Trincao 5/10. **** me, if you get 5/10 for lacing your boots up & collecting your pay packet I'll have some of that
An eastern European thug , a quality attacking midfielder next to Ruben would work a treat. I'd bin dendonker tbh.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Full on attacking intent, suffocating press, slick passing between the lines. We got Bruno-balled.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just a timely reminder that this squad needs strengthening badly. We all know about CM, but we need a senior striker too. When Raul has an off day, we've got nothing.

16 points from 11 games is better than our performances so far deserve so not the end of the world.
you cant blame the squad if he doesn't use them

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao part from a few silky moves is slower than my Nan and does not look fit to me.

He was blowing out of his **** at half time on Monday. Non existent today.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR ****ed us up with the overturned penalty decision. Yes the initial contact was outside the box but RAN continued into the box and the second contact from Ward sent him over. Definite pen.

Back
Top Bottom