Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace verdict

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Classic wolves. Get to one win away from
5th and bottle it. Bruno is proving to be reactive instead of proactive which is a major concern for me. Yes our front 3 were magnificent against Everton but it clearly wasn’t working today so why wait to change it?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Two poor sides (one very poor) on display today. Wasn’t much in it until Sa and Semedo’s errors but Palace fully deserving of the win after that. Toothless in attack and over-run in midfield.

Sa 5
Saiss 6
Coady 6
Kilman 6
Semedo 5
Moutinho 5
Neves 6
Ait-Nouri 7
Hwang 5
Raul 5
Trincao 5

Bit of a reality check to remind ourselves we’ll be slightly nearer the bottom than top this year.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately not enough in and around Jimenez today. Wide forwards too wide. Actually thought we were playing ok until an error let palace in. Think we’re getting there but still lots to work on for Bruno.

Max Killman best player on the park today. Really think if we can go 4 at the back we’ll be transformed with our attacking talent.

Shame we have an international break now.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t keep possession, midfield non existent.
We are proving to be a very inconsistent team and that’s a concern.

I’m no football manager but I think today would have been a compact midfield and prime for Adama to start.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Poor across the whole team and management. We've been on a good run which was going to end at some point, but we just offered nothing today.

I like what I hear from Bruno in press conferences challenging players to do better and improve. But when it's not working, he has to act and act quick. So far way, way too slow to react for me - we continued the 2nd half in the same way as the first where we were miles of it so I expected him to try something to shake it up a bit!

Last edited:

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abysmall performance, we had time to change it at half time didn't do it and 10mins into the 2nd half the warning signs were apparent.

Shambles of a first goal with a truly dreadful clearance form Semedo and more baffling subs by Bruno which did nothing to address the issues.

Really gets me down seeing how well we can play and then turn up and produce this dress.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m no football manager but I think today would have been a compact midfield and prime for Adama to start.
To be inconsistent you have to be good in spells and from my recollection we’ve have one really good first have performance against Everton and that’s pretty much it since the first 3 games. Unless you’re referring to results instead of performances

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This has been our problem for years. You never know whether jekyll or hyde will show up on the day.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was a desperately poor performance.

I've given Bruno a lot of praise recently but I felt that was on him today. Our pressing was almost suicidal - Palace had a good few chances to release the runner which they squandered.

Bringing Adam on at RWB seemed mad, as did sticking with the 5atb when we were so clearly being outfought.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 5 - not convincing at all, at fault for first goal

Saiss 6 - not great, but not awful
Coady 5 - struggled to influence the game, struggled with Benteke
Kilman 7 - MOTM against their best player

RAN 6 - ran into too many blind alleys, but worked harder than most
Neves 5 - game passed him by
Joao 5 - see above
Semedo 4 - garbage, offered zilch, at fault for a goal

Hwang 3 - decision-making and execution awful
Raul 5 - isolated, slow and clumsy
Trincao - if you cant say something nice about someone, say nothing at all

Podence NR - not enough time
Adama NR - playing in the wrong position

Bruno 2 - tactically inept, outclassed by PV

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible and and nothing much will change this season. Lage is not much different than Nuno. Same as last year.
Once again, we were bossed on the pitch.

And if we bought de Bruyne and van Dijk in Jan. not a lot would change.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nothing positive to take from the game. Sa scares me at times with his kicking and flapping but what worries me most is Bruno seems oblivious to who is playing well and who isn’t. Trincao had a good 1st half against Everton and faded badly after and it’s fair to stick with a winning team but why wasn’t he replaced at half time today? I’m also going to call out Semedo I’m not going to slag him totally and call him the worst player ever but for the money he cost he has been a major let down for me. He is lacking in all areas going forward and defending I just don’t know what he brings to the team. My plea is ffs Jeff sign some players in January ones that can go straight into the first team. What’s most annoying is Palace we’re not great and were there to be beat if we had been brave and subs had been used at half time.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves didn't turn up today, other than to cheat.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Classic wolves. Get to one win away from
5th and bottle it. Bruno is proving to be reactive instead of proactive which is a major concern for me. Yes our front 3 were magnificent against Everton but it clearly wasn’t working today so why wait to change it?
Exactly this. Always reacting to the opposition. Total coward.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible and and nothing much will change this season. Lage is not much different than Nuno. Same as last year.
Once again, we were bossed on the pitch.

And if we bought de Bruyne and van Dijk in Jan. not a lot would change.
Annoying thing is he was very different for the first three games which although we lost were our best performances.

Willywolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just out fought against a physical palace team with strong runners. We lost a match, it happens.
Questions can be asked if Bruno’s style, bravery, management of subs etc.
We have been desperately poor and invited teams onto us in so many games now. But you can’t legislate for the captain turning his back on a shot.
Still, in a good position but need to refresh

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fear football from the get-go.

Quite why after Monday's showing Lage thought a hard physical battle at Selhurst would be the right setting for Trincao is frankly baffling. It has always been a slog playing there, where you have to match their physicality. Traore had to start. As it was we played with 10 men for a long time, and Hwang was also overwhelmed by the battle in all honesty.

Our away performances have all been decidedly meek and really nothing better than Nunoball at its stodgiest and I feared that we wouldn't be up for the fight at their tight stadium either. I'm sure at home next time we'll rediscover some desire to score goals once again, but really this is becoming schizophrenic.

Admittedly, the dismal attempts to sign a central midfielder who can run with the ball has left Lage with a poor hand, especially when Moutinho repeatedly gets booked early on (though he was very unlucky today). His slowness in reacting to us being overwhelmed is nonetheless concerning.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We set up to play positively, then seemingly asked the players to play defensively.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only one positive from that. Max Kilman. Otherwise it was a lacklustre performance on and off the pitch. Lage showing no tactical awareness to change things apart from new personnel. Adama virtually a spectator when he came on. Just a nothing performance.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Garbage from the first minute to the last.

This one almost certainly on the manager whose tactics were wrong and game management can again be called into question.

That had to be changed at half time when clearly nothing was working.

Losing is one thing. There is a way to lose. We gave that game away with totally the wrong game plan.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace beat us all over the pitch, tactically they got it spot on and we were always second best and looked a bit leggy. Going forward we were pretty grim outside of Ait-Nouri. Changes made zero difference. Donk should have come on at the half i guess, probably for Trincao who isn't suited to this type of game at all.

Back
Top Bottom