Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

O'hara

Status
Not open for further replies.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
i heard he was morgan's signing, mick didn't want him.

F

Floydstreet

Has Dave Edwards signed his new one yet?
Yet it seems that Stearman and Price both are out of contract in the summer.

We have a one year option for price, but think we should sign onto a 3 year deal, as for stearman, IF we go up he can perform great for us in the champ, him and batth are a great pairing.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a one year option for price, but think we should sign onto a 3 year deal, as for stearman, IF we go up he can perform great for us in the champ, him and batth are a great pairing.
Thanks I hope you are right as so many on here keep referring to him being out of contract.
My best guess is Stearman will keep his options open.

M

Mr Wolf

I'm not sure what's going on with him, does he want to look back at his career & see this. Have a bit of pride Jaime for gods sake, man up & sort your $$$$ing career out.

W

WellyWolf

Price out of contract in summer.

M

Mugwump

I'm not convinced he'll get back to where he was ever, but he should accept a pay cut, make a public statement showing his desire to play again and hope he gets a move. He'll never need money again, but he's running out of football time.

I'm afraid injury prone, one paced, little power is hardly attractive. Good on the ball still I'm sure, but that's not enough. He needs games or he might as well retire once it's 2016. I hope he's gutted, I hope he's desperate to play and I hope he'd put playing ahead of his salary.

Cant really see why he should take a pay cut. I wouldn't in his position and i doubt you would either.

D

Deleted member 3545

He'll live very nicely till then, on a juicy fat wage packet for doing $$$$ all :goodnight:

Not O'Hara fault that Wolves gave him the contract he is on. Plus it's not his fault no other team wants him. Wolves have made a burden for their own back they will just have get on with it. If they want rid pay him off

E

Essex Wolf

Not O'Hara fault that Wolves gave him the contract he is on. Plus it's not his fault no other team wants him. Wolves have made a burden for their own back they will just have get on with it. If they want rid pay him off

That in a nutshell sums the situation up.

W

Wolfrev

Is O'Hara fit? No
Has he been fit for the last 2 and a bit seasons? No (He hasn't been fit since he signed a permanent contract)
Does he want to get fit? No
Does he want to play for the Wolves? No
Pity we couldn't get rid of him. But in all honesty who would want him given his recent injury record.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant really see why he should take a pay cut. I wouldn't in his position and i doubt you would either.

It depends. At this rate he is unlikely to even get another playing contract on anything like the terms he's on at Wolves. Had he accepted his fate and busted a gut to get fit it may have been a different story. If his fitness is genuinely preventing him from regaining mobility (admittedly the little he had before) then he could have been out there improving his long-range passing and becoming a better player in light of his physical limitations.

The other alternative is enjoy what's left of your deal at Wolves and probably accept a pay-as-you-play for 6 months before fading into obscurity. Sadly for him, and us, it looks like he's accepted the latter.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'hara was not even fit at Pompey. I'm sure he's been written off in the accounts under depreciation already.

W

ws1wolf

The blokes proved what he is and that's a mercenary.

Yes it's Wolves fault he's on a big long contract. However there's nothing stopping him getting off his lazy $$$$ and doing his job.
Johnsons on loan and he's on big wages the difference between him and o'hara is he's got some pride in his work.

O'hara won't be going anywhere, he'll sit it out and end up somewhere with a fraction of what he's on now ( but in his own head he probably believes a high end prem club will get him on a free). The man has 0 ambition. If he had anything about him he would be in the prem with Tottenham. He's got talent but his ego and pure laziness is his downfall.

Only way he'll be off is if we pay him off. But Morgans stated he won't do that just for them to go to another club for nothing.

This is a prime example of how peverse player power is.
If Jackett wants to keep him out his plan that's up to the Manager.
But now he's stated O'hara is not fit so that's purely down to O'hara and as such I beleieve should be fined for not doing his duty has a contracted player. Countinuing to be unfit there should be higher consequences up to a point where he should'nt be getting payed or sacked and be non eligible for employment in profesional football for a fixed term I.e remainder of his contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mugwump

It depends. At this rate he is unlikely to even get another playing contract on anything like the terms he's on at Wolves. Had he accepted his fate and busted a gut to get fit it may have been a different story. If his fitness is genuinely preventing him from regaining mobility (admittedly the little he had before) then he could have been out there improving his long-range passing and becoming a better player in light of his physical limitations.

The other alternative is enjoy what's left of your deal at Wolves and probably accept a pay-as-you-play for 6 months before fading into obscurity. Sadly for him, and us, it looks like he's accepted the latter.

It would be interesting to see what exactly he has done to regain fitness and mobility, and also what the club have suggested he do. Other players in the past have had issues and have been put on modified training. Maybe he would benefit from yoga or some other exercise to improve his flexibility.

S

Smithy

If he was a horse he would be dog meat

Why do you hate O'Hara so much? Like I get people dislike but why do you really hate him?

I think people are gonna have to get used to the fact he's gonna be here a long time yet. If he wanted to take a wage cut and and play football he could have gone to Blackpool.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Why do you hate O'Hara so much? Like I get people dislike but why do you really hate him?

I think people are gonna have to get used to the fact he's gonna be here a long time yet. If he wanted to take a wage cut and and play football he could have gone to Blackpool.

I was at the last game away last season..........enough said

Shoot the lazy $$$$$$

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If he was a horse he would be dog meat

Disagree - there isn't enough lean meat. Better just send him to the glue factory.

Smithy, it might be that everyone is unfair, but he was playing after his constant injuries this time last season and yet is somehow still not properly fit. He has some quality, but from the outside at least it looks like he just can't be bothered. We would have let him go to anyone willing to pay even 1/4 of his wages, yet nobody even asked as far as we know - he is taking £1M a year from the club. I think we are entitled not to like him.

S

Smithy

Not really... He did no worse than what Leon Clarke did all those years ago (and that's not a stab at Clarke coz I really couldn't give a $$$$ either way)

S

Smithy

Disagree - there isn't enough lean meat. Better just send him to the glue factory.

Smithy, it might be that everyone is unfair, but he was playing after his constant injuries this time last season and yet is somehow still not properly fit. He has some quality, but from the outside at least it looks like he just can't be bothered. We would have let him go to anyone willing to pay even 1/4 of his wages, yet nobody even asked as far as we know - he is taking £1M a year from the club. I think we are entitled not to like him.

Read what I said mate people are perfectly entitled to dislike him just don't get the people who really hate him

E

Edgmond Wolf

Not really... He did no worse than what Leon Clarke did all those years ago (and that's not a stab at Clarke coz I really couldn't give a $$$$ either way)

He has made no attempt to get fit.......he is a footballer he should be fit as a matter of course

I would make the $$$$$$ train every day at a different training venue just make him run every single day.....won't make any difference but if we have to pay him lets at least make him work for it instead of sitting on his $$$$

S

Smithy

He has made no attempt to get fit.......he is a footballer he should be fit as a matter of course

I would make the $$$$$$ train every day at a different training venue just make him run every single day.....won't make any difference but if we have to pay him lets at least make him work for it instead of sitting on his $$$$

Erm as far as I'm aware he is playing week in week out for the u21s, and they wouldn't play him if he wasn't training.
Do you really, honestly believe that a professional footballer doesn't care about being fit and playing. Every manager he's played for up to and before Mick said he's a great lad who loves his football. How would signing a lucrative deal change that. It would make no sense.
Ever consider that for at least 12 months of his career managers here at wolves were asking him to play through injuries when he should have been recouping, through desperation (6months under mick, 6 months under Deano) everyone could see he wasn't ready which obviously left two outcomes; him not playing as well as he could, which he got slagged off for at the time, and it making his body and fitness worse in the long term, which he's getting slagged off for now.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Erm as far as I'm aware he is playing week in week out for the u21s, and they wouldn't play him if he wasn't training.
Do you really, honestly believe that a professional footballer doesn't care about being fit and playing. Every manager he's played for up to and before Mick said he's a great lad who loves his football. How would signing a lucrative deal change that. It would make no sense.
Ever consider that for at least 12 months of his career managers here at wolves were asking him to play through injuries when he should have been recouping, through desperation (6months under mick, 6 months under Deano) everyone could see he wasn't ready which obviously left two outcomes; him not playing as well as he could, which he got slagged off for at the time, and it making his body and fitness worse in the long term, which he's getting slagged off for now.

You can have him

S

spud3948

He can't afford to move because he struggles to survive on £30K a week. Bet his house is full of shoes and handbags. The bloke is a complete waste of space.

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think glue is made from the bones. So we could get money for glue and dog meat.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I think there should be a basic core fitness level that all non injured players should adhere to during a season regardless of squad status. I don't know sport science but perhaps something based around a bleep test. If that can't be passed at any point then fines or even termination should be allowed. Obviously it would be a little more complex but something along those lines.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I think there should be a basic core fitness level that all non injured players should adhere to during a season regardless of squad status. I don't know sport science but perhaps something based around a bleep test. If that can't be passed at any point then fines or even termination should be allowed. Obviously it would be a little more complex but something along those lines.

If you are not fit to work in other jobs you get laid off...I agree the very least he should be fined

This guy is bleeding the club of money

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He obviously could not give a flying $$$$ about his career. Just sit back and get paid handsomely for doing $$$$ all to fund his lifestyle and pay for nannies while him and his tramp live the highlife.

Disgrace.

E

Edgmond Wolf

He obviously could not give a flying $$$$ about his career. Just sit back and get paid handsomely for doing $$$$ all to fund his lifestyle and pay for nannies while him and his tramp live the highlife.

Disgrace.

This and some defend him :mad:

S

Smithy

You can have him

Don't want to dislike him for other reasons. In my opinion he had the chance to leave around the time Blackpool where looking at him and refused to go, it's the only logical explanation to the circumstances that I can tell.
He was training with the u21s for ages, then all of a sudden Kenny, even though he has got rid of Johnson, Ward, and Henry quick as a flash, says everyone's got a chance and he's bringing him back in. He gets on the bench, even gets game time. Then all of a sudden he's back out in the cold straight away.

All I can think is KJ whacked him in the team to increase interest and JOH knew why, then JOH refused to go when there was an offer and KJ got $$$$ed off and stuck him back I. The reserves.
If he had wanted to play football then he could have then

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Read what I said mate people are perfectly entitled to dislike him just don't get the people who really hate him

I did read what you wrote.

If someone spills my pint it annoys me. If they steal £1M a year from me I think it's likely to turn to something stronger. If he is a good pro training hard every day and we know he has talent then how come nobody wants him?

E

Edgmond Wolf

Nope not defending him just think there's a difference between preferring him to leave the club and having a $$$$ing hard on for him and hating the bloke.

Just to be clear, I can not stand the little $$$$. :D

E

Edgmond Wolf

This type of comment is completely unacceptable.

I mean, do you not realise how much money we'd miss out on not sending him to the glue factory?

Can I shoot him first it is kinder than boiling him alive, on second thoughts....I think you are right :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom