Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

O'hara

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You always speak as if poor Steve was poorly treated. After what happened we should just all be grateful it never properly kicked off - two protests of any note and a scouse mafia banner was pretty good going to be honest. All this continuously bringing up the scouse mafia and 'Morgan out' nonsense at every opportunity is helping no one, just forget it and move on.

I have.

Once Johnson has gone Laurel & Hardy won't have any scapegoats left to blame if things go tits up

Just a pity others haven't.

The mere suggestion somebody is linking "if things go tits up" and "Laurel & Hardy" together tells its own story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't suffer successive relegations due to O'Hara or Johnson, despite what some may believe.

O'Hara was injured for most of the Championship and when he did play he was patently unfit, Johnson was one of our better players

D

drewtwulf

JOH sad to leave

I'd like to say I believe him but just can't do it.

Bet he is, I'd be sad to leave a job whereby I was being paid a kings ransom for doing pretty much FA.

On a serious note it is a shame for both club and player that it turned out the way it has because on his day, when fully fit, he is a good footballer.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suffered from (allegedly) being brought back from injury too early to get us out of a hole. Did he deserve all the stick he got, perhaps not but he's also not entirely blameless either for how his Wolves career ended

Pretty much how I see it, although he was such as too at the Huddersfield game and then Brighton that any undeserved stick was forgotten and it well became more deserved...

D

Deleted member 3518

You always speak as if poor Steve was poorly treated. After what happened we should just all be grateful it never properly kicked off - two protests of any note and a scouse mafia banner was pretty good going to be honest. All this continuously bringing up the scouse mafia and 'Morgan out' nonsense at every opportunity is helping no one, just forget it and move on.

Too true, having supported the Wolves for the last 50+ years the level of "protest" was minimal to what I've experienced in the past.

Maybe time to move on but not forget the past. The future is often shaped by the past so the next few years will define the legacy of SM, not too hopeful, but desperate to be proved wrong.

O

OldWolvesfart

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have seen you
Become part of the crew
But your candle burned out long before
We realised you were through.

Seriously I will be interested to see who JOH plays for next , or will he take up a new career

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he can get his career back on track with a fresh start & hopefully lots of lessons learnt.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to Ohara he could easily have had a dig but he walks away saying nothing but good stuff about the club. It didn't work out for whatever reason, I feel he was made a scapegoat slightly especially when his lad was spat at outside molineux, no excuse for that. Time to move on and let our great club grow. Good luck in your career Jamie.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't suffer successive relegations due to O'Hara or Johnson, despite what some may believe.

O'Hara was injured for most of the Championship and when he did play he was patently unfit, Johnson was one of our better players

The voice of reason

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
:congrats:

:congrats: Agree 100%

P

procrastination wolf

Honestly, some you lot would have felt sorry for Hitler if he'd released a carefully drafted media statement.

You lot are so wet behind the ears it's untrue.

That release has been carefully crafted by a trained , media savvy professional with the intention of buttering up the club he left , making Ohara attractive to new employers and to make him appear like a decent, remorseful person.

Ohara won't have mouthed any of those words, they would have been drafted for him and he'd have given a final Ok.

He's a scum bag of the highest order; and no pathetic media release can gloss over his failings as a footballer and as a human being.

D

Dewsburywolf

In part maybe but there were others (since departed) who were just as culpable in our double dip relegation

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laughable statement from O'Hara's new agency.

He without doubt signed a non-disclosure agreement and doesn't want to be seen as the trouble maker that many have painted him out to be.

I don't feel anger towards O'Hara - society and football are broken, he's just collateral damage, but please, that statement is hilarious. He will be laughing at every defeat and annoyed with every Wolves victory til he hates another club even more.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And even funnier is the claims Johnson was one of our better players in the championship. You have got to be kidding. Johnson was identified as a leader hence the immediate captaincy when we signed him. His job was to shore up and organise the back four.

He failed dismally at even making himself look good in the PL, in the championship he did ok but did he knit the defence together and organise like he should have? God no. He tried everything possible to make himself look less culpable than the rest. Was it really that hard? Paul Butler manager it at that level far far better, and he cost 1/5 of what Johnson did.

We didn't get relegated purely because of O'Hara and Johnson, and he wasn't alone in trying to look after himself, the difference is half of those players were overachievers who were always going to find their level - RJ was a capable player who couldn't be ***** and couldn't give a $$$$.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my view O'hara came to Wolves because he wanted to. Johnson came here becauseno one else wanted him.
I know it wont be a popular view but it was only his fitness levels that held him back. He worked towards fitness but I believe it is an inherent problem for him.
When Johnson came to us he wanted to be in a top six club and I just get the feeling he still thinks he is above it.
I know which of the two attitudes I prefer.

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have seen you
Become part of the crew
But your candle burned out long before
We realised

Oh my god, is he dead??????

D

Deleted member 4152

Honestly, some you lot would have felt sorry for Hitler if he'd released a carefully drafted media statement.

That release has been carefully crafted by a trained , media savvy professional with the intention of buttering up the club he left , making Ohara attractive to new employers and to make him appear like a decent, remorseful person.

Ohara won't have mouthed any of those words, they would have been drafted for him and he'd have given a final Ok.

He's a scum bag of the highest order; and no pathetic media release can gloss over his failings as a footballer and as a human being.

This.

E

Edgmond Wolf

This in Spades

He can go $$$$ himself and I for one will let him know if he ever graces our turf again

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lots of cynicism and bitterness - life's too short

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

He could have easily sat for another two years collecting the clubs money and doing nothing.

Yes he will have taken a pay-off but it would have been financially better for him to sit and do nothing.

Then despite getting dogs abuse for the past 12 months, a statement from him (yes it may not be his words, but no footballer ever does) comes out praising the club, thanking them and wishing us well.

It's all over now and he has left in a very dignified way, no one wanted what happened to happen but he has gone in a very professional way, which will have saved us money too, so for that I would wish him the best.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder why he binned his previous guy ? Persuading Wolves to sign him up for 5 years with his injury history was nothing short of genius.

All I can say is the new agent has certainly got his work cut out. Seems to have made a good start mind fooling 90% of people on here with the carefully crafted press statement.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting choice of words - "I would like to say thank you to some of the staff" - indicating perhaps that he didn't get on with some of the staff - but did others.

Glad he's gone. Didn't particularly like the guy - but I did have a bit of sympathy for him at one point because I do feel that we hindered his career somewhat when we rushed him back from injury far too early. He should have had his op as soon as he got injured, been allowed to rehabilitate properly and then made a natural comeback into the team. We may have seen a different Jamie O'Hara then.

However, that sympathy was lost last year when he was snapped busting some shapes in an Ibiza nightclub, during the season when everyone else was training, whilst he was out "injured".

If you're injured, you rest. You don't go risking further injury by dancing away in Ibiza. If your colleagues are working when you should be too, you either keep a low profile or go to work and do what you're capable of. Some PR charity work for the club would have been possible whilst he was off work "injured". Visit schools. Take club shop gifts to the childrens ward at a hospital. Something constructive. Clubbing in Ibiza isn't constructive.

Him and his wife attract publicity. They're like a watered down version of the Beckhams.

This press release is nothing more than another PR stunt. He's vanished out of the media for a week now that the being released from his contract story has been taken over by transfer deadline stories in the news over the past few days. It's another way of getting back into the news to say to clubs "Hey, i'm still here and available guys".

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
$$$$ing hell are we still obsessing about a guy we're all jealous off?

Close this thread and move on to hating the next target.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could have easily sat for another two years collecting the clubs money and doing nothing.

Yes he will have taken a pay-off but it would have been financially better for him to sit and do nothing.

Then despite getting dogs abuse for the past 12 months, a statement from him (yes it may not be his words, but no footballer ever does) comes out praising the club, thanking them and wishing us well.

It's all over now and he has left in a very dignified way, no one wanted what happened to happen but he has gone in a very professional way, which will have saved us money too, so for that I would wish him the best.

Agree with this 100%... we move on

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree with your sentiments, an excellent post, and now perhaps we should close this chapter.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Mistakes were made ,I'm just glad it's over.The club have moved on ,The KennyJacket era is here and the sun is shining over the mol once more.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting choice of words - "I would like to say thank you to some of the staff" - indicating perhaps that he didn't get on with some of the staff - but did others.

If his statement had been made by others, as some suggest, then I doubt very much if 'some' would have been used. Yes his statement no doubt would have been checked but his sentiments are from him.
And of course some staff would be appropriate. How would one feel if at work your bosses told you that no matter what you do you will never be considered as one of the staff and all the benefits that go with it.
The way that the bomb squad have been treated is on the face of it appalling. One player may be trouble and certain measures taken but it does not add up when it is almost a teams worth.

306NOTOUT

Will he ever pay at Molineux against us because that will be an interesting game

E

Edgmond Wolf

Will he ever pay at Molineux against us because that will be an interesting game

I suspect that 95% will let him know what a $$$$ he is....

The other 5% will be concerned for his well being

$$$$ him

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the sun today she's filled for divorce, probably the best thing for his football career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom