Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice Adama, along with Moutinho & Costa, has been removed from the player list on the app.
Is that as good as confirmation his time here has ended?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice Adama, along with Moutinho & Costa, has been removed from the player list on the app.
Is that as good as confirmation his time here has ended?
Maybe it's so he can be presented as a new signing when he signs the extension?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could just be because technically, without a contract, they are not officially, Wolves players.
Doesn’t his contract though “technically” run till the end of this current month??

*I genuinely don’t know.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes you wonder how many top players will end up there. Playing in the supposed best league in the world is fine but realistically, unless you play for one of 4 or 5 clubs, you’ll win nothing.

5-10 million a year is as much if not more than most premier league players earn in a year. Over there they can earn that in a month. Over time, as this league gets bigger and bigger, more top managers and players will be tempted and safe to say a lot will be swayed. Cash is king to most nowadays, loyalty, virtually extinct.

A sad state of affairs imo. Hard to imagine but in 50 years time the structure of football as we know it now will be unrecognisable.

If you had told players in 1960 (when the max wage was £20 a week), that in 60 years time players could possibly earn up to 25,000x that amount and more, they’d have laughed in your face.

Sounds mental but it’s more than feasible to suggest that players could be earning 50 million a week in 2080.

All I am grateful for is that I was around to see it at its peak, when playing for your club meant a lot to many players. The game is ruined as a spectacle, today. That’s why we remember the great days gone by and recall amazing games from the 70’s and 80’s. Admittedly that was also the start of the end, but they don’t make ‘em like that anymore.
Personally hope the Saudi league takes over from the PL as the world / greed league and we can get our game back. If we we're on a par with Germany and Italy in terms of club football that'd be fine with most match-going folk.

Last edited:

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Personally hope the Saudi league takes over from the PL as the world / greed league and we can get our game back. If were on a par with Germany and Italy in terms of club football that'd be fine.

Never going to happen. They can get all the players they want in Saudi but it's just temporary, as it was in Russia, as it was in China, and the MLS too. The Premier League is just too big. Luton Town can now attract a higher level of players than midtable teams in other leagues... and that's just due to the Premier League.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this. The Saudi teams will never have the historic pull of teams founded over a century ago but it would be a real shame if all the best coaches and players end up there just for the money. Sadly all the non legacy armchair fans around the world will be salivating at the prospect of it though.
I didn't see players dying to play in England for historic clubs before the millennium. It was Russian / American etc cash that turned 'our' league into the supposed envy of the footballing world, not the history of our clubs. Could you imagine Ronald Koeman signing for West Ham in 1995?! Let the Saudis have the world league; we'll get our game back.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never going to happen. They can get all the players they want in Saudi but it's just temporary, as it was in Russia, as it was in China, and the MLS too. The Premier League is just too big. Luton Town can now attract a higher level of players than midtable teams in other leagues... and that's just due to the Premier League.
Might be right. But I reckon Serie A thought the same back in the day? We can but hope...

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't see players dying to play in England for historic clubs before the millennium. It was Russian / American etc cash that turned 'our' league into the supposed envy of the footballing world, not the history of our clubs. Could you imagine Ronald Koeman signing for West Ham in 1995?! Let the Saudis have the world league; we'll get our game back.
You mean the ‘game’ that has clubs with the biggest crowds and a world following that buys loads of merch, still being able to buy the best players in the league? That game…?
Seems a lot like the one we’ve got now but Wolves wouldn’t get £130m a year…great, well thought out idea though. :rolleyes:

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love him to stay . Yes frustrating at times but a game changer . Will be happy if he signings. Otherwise we re-signing Jed Wallace

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean the ‘game’ that has clubs with the biggest crowds and a world following that buys loads of merch, still being able to buy the best players in the league? That game…?
Seems a lot like the one we’ve got now but Wolves wouldn’t get £130m a year…great, well thought out idea though. :rolleyes:
That's the one. Personally, I think it's fair and reasonable that clubs making the most from ordinary sources of revenue (like, for example, having a big real following, and resultant big gate receipts and 'merch' sales) might have a bit more to spend; and not see our top league as an international dick measuring competition. Why would it matter if we dow get <100m for doing next to nowt if the clubs around us get the same, all it'd really mean is that the inflationary pressure of wages and fees was normalised and less talented players come to us and all our rivals. So what?

I love Wolves, I don't care if we've got world class players or Dave Edwards nor do I care whether we're playing against the Man City of now or old. I want Wolves to be respected in the English top division, get a good local following and have a go in the cups. Give me the 80s and 90s over this bull ****.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love him to stay . Yes frustrating at times but a game changer . Will be happy if he signings. Otherwise we re-signing Jed Wallace
I would love Adama to stay as well. Frustrating, yes, game changer, yes, match winner, yes. Oh, inconsistent, yes.

I just wonder if after some of the recent negativity around us re FFP, JL saying what he said and the Matt Hobbs statement, Adama might be swayed against signing a new contract.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I think it's time to move on from Adama.
Whenever Adama and Semedo are on the pitch our right side of the defence seems to open up for the opposition.
When Doc was here there was the problem of getting them to gel together.
I wish Adama well he will probably do better in a team with a World class right back behind him.

We'll know by mid July who if anyone is interested in him, Mouts and Costa.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End the speculation Adama,!! Leave so we can engage in more serious and essential business!!
The saga needs to end now!!
We have far better players available to join us

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally hope the Saudi league takes over from the PL as the world / greed league and we can get our game back. If we we're on a par with Germany and Italy in terms of club football that'd be fine with most match-going folk.
The real time to worry about Saudi is when they start signing the world's best players just before they peak or at their peak. At present, it's just a playground for already multi-millionaire players, with no real ambition left in the game, to line their pockets and show they couldn't careless about human rights.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The official site is certainly putting out a lot of Adama features at the moment, another one today

Away From the Action | Adama Traore

Let’s hope this is making him feel loved enough to sign a new deal. Think he would work well in JL’s new look team.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The real time to worry about Saudi is when they start signing the world's best players just before they peak or at their peak. At present, it's just a playground for already multi-millionaire players, with no real ambition left in the game, to line their pockets and show they couldn't careless about human rights.
How does the Neves news affect this. Time to worry? I'm expecting 100 established top flight players to make the move this summer.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The official site is certainly putting out a lot of Adama features at the moment, another one today

Away From the Action | Adama Traore

Let’s hope this is making him feel loved enough to sign a new deal. Think he would work well in JL’s new look team.
What is JL's 'new look' team? Do we have even an itsy bitsy teeny weeny idea what is to come?

I'd be surprised if Adama decides to stay if he isn't going to get regular game time. He's a free agent and didn't want to sign a new contract so he obviously feels he will get better offers elsewhere.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does the Neves news affect this. Time to worry? I'm expecting 100 established top flight players to make the move this summer.
It will be interesting to compare the squad strength of the Saudi teams at the end of this window to that at the start.

Methinks we will see a marked improvement in quality, which is likely IMV to continue in the short term.

Edit: just checked the Al Hilal squad 22/23 and it looks like 7 (at least) have PL and/or Serie A experience, and most of these have clocked up some CL appearances. And no, I'm not claiming the Saudi league is on a par with the top European leagues - yet - but it certainly is not a "pub league".

Last edited:

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The start of the end, I think Bill. I too wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen 10 times faster than people are surmising.

Money sways the vast majority of people in this ever increasing materialistic greed swamp, in which we now live. Sad but true.

Back
Top Bottom