Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Watching Adama this season am I the only one who thinks he seems to have lost a couple of yards? He’s still rapid but that incredible burst of acceleration he used to have to get away from players seems to have been been a bit muted this season.

I‘m hoping it’s just another symptom of the overall lack of squad fitness, but if he’s losing that ability to stretch defences and open up spaces for other players he needs to improve some other areas of his game.

That said, in complete agreement that Lopetegui is the right sort of manager to get the best out of him let’s hope if he does stay we may see the Adama we all hope he could be!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Adama this season am I the only one who thinks he seems to have lost a couple of yards? He’s still rapid but that incredible burst of acceleration he used to have to get away from players seems to have been been a bit muted this season.

I‘m hoping it’s just another symptom of the overall lack of squad fitness, but if he’s losing that ability to stretch defences and open up spaces for other players he needs to improve some other areas of his game.

That said, in complete agreement that Lopetegui is the right sort of manager to get the best out of him let’s hope if he does stay we may see the Adama we all hope he could be!
I think its injury with him why he's lost a bit of explosiveness.

I still dont think he will sign a contract because i cant see him dropping his wage demands. I also dont think looking at how Lopetegui has set up in the past he suits his teams. He doesnt really play with out and out wingers, he likes wide attackers with goal contributions, Ocampos being a good example. Seeing as he has been rumoured to have been interested in Guedes in the past i think thats the type of wide attacker he is looking for long term.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hamstring injury all pre season...don't think he has been fully fit at all...

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

probably just a mixture of fitness and confidence

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually prefer the way he has been playing this season, being more narrow forces crisper interplay and he still gets to use his quick feet; all that running through every defender the opposition puts in front of him rarely resulted in a serious goal attempt and I think he/we got sussed by the other teams in the league in that respect.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how J-Lo uses him the next 5 months. Pivotal point in Adana’s career, this big move on a free that was his carrot 12 months ago won’t be happening if he doesn’t perform.

My feeling is come the summer he will end up signing some massive contract (as you’d expect on a free) but for a nothing club like Everton or Villa.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's signed a new deal I'd expect Wolves to release something tonight ahead of press stuff tomorrow. If not I expect it'll be more of "I have an offer from Wolves, weighing up options" etc.
I saw on Twitter this morning that he's turned down a new 3 year deal at 60K a week. Hopefully it's all rubbish!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw on Twitter this morning that he's turned down a new 3 year deal at 60K a week. Hopefully it's all rubbish!
He has been shown a lot of love by Julen and given every chance to prove himself here, so if he doesn't sign, or leave this month, I would make him sit on the bench... for the U23s.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I wouldn't even think about offering him a contract at the moment. Not an Adama fan, but I've thought he's been very poor this year. Looks a bit slower then normal.

He's currently averaging less then 2 successful dribbles per 90mins. Which before that was more then double that.

Soon to be 27 year old, pure explosive winger that was a world class dribbler and not much else. Not for me if his form doesn't improve dramatically

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not worth £60k a week. All flash, no end product. He hasn't produced for three years now. You can make the excuses about no striker etc. but 4 goals and 2 assists in his last 72 appearances. Doesn't suit Julen's style of play either.

floydstreet

Reaction score
I mean worth a contract
Even if only to ensure we get some fee for him

But think Julen can get him contributing at times
Crosses sasa or old Raul would love

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not worth £60k a week. All flash, no end product. He hasn't produced for three years now. You can make the excuses about no striker etc. but 4 goals and 2 assists in his last 72 appearances. Doesn't suit Julen's style of play either.

To be honest, while I agree with your assessment of his contribution and fit, I’d still offer him 60k/week, if only to secure a modest fee for him should be leave in the summer. I don’t think that level of wage would frighten off the kind of club which may wish to sign him, but accept that the 100k/week he was rumoured to be after in prior years, would limit potential moves to clubs who may no longer be that interested.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, while I agree with your assessment of his contribution and fit, I’d still offer him 60k/week, if only to secure a modest fee for him should be leave in the summer. I don’t think that level of wage would frighten off the kind of club which may wish to sign him, but accept that the 100k/week he was rumoured to be after in prior years, would limit potential moves to clubs who may no longer be that interested.
A healthy signing bonus would negate whatever fee we could get for him I feel. Hard to see any club stumping up a significant amount for him now.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Championship player, Raul had success with him when they combined for a season but other than the odd game since he hasn't been able to make a positive impact needed for the premier.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn't offer that much these days , never been a massive fan tbh.
Thinking on from my rant post just now if he goes this window I assume we can get some money for him? If he drags out till the summer we get nothing which seems a shame? I suppose JL, if he fancies him, and the saga drags on into Feb may hope to be able to get him to sign a new deal. Tbh I think he'll never match those Jimenez days again and I'd cash in if we can and get a new face in.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think he has played better recently but he still frustrates me. he spends too much time sitting on his **** and he never cuts inside. his shot is still mainly porr. such a frustrating player as he could be so good but he aint gonna change now

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never been a huge fan, but the thought of him knocking over crosses for Kaladzic is an enticing one.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Jesus wept. Will someone please wake me up once the Traore threads have finally been closed. He may change and/or win the odd game, but if it was Ruben my interest would be on high alert. If he's signed a new deal? Good. JL must see something looking forward.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching Sky Sports and they had a quote from him. I imagine it'll be part of that interview on Sky tomorrow. The presenter said, "He's focused on Wolves, and his future could depend on them". Does this mean if we stay up he will sign? Or perhaps he's saying he's open to negotiate more?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The man has lost half a yard accelerating.
It is a trend.
With that half a yard lost(cause Adama has always been about acceleration in very short sprints)Traore has lost his biggest single assett.
I guess the muscles has gotten the better of the player.
I am Adamas biggest fan..even I..nowadays..must understand that he is not starting material for us.
Gone in the summer..I´ll remember Adama at his best..season three with us I recon?
At that particular point in time..he was the very best Wolves winger I´ve ever seen(too young for Waggy..feels a little boit strange saying it as I currently is ironing out my strateghy for retirement..:)
Time flies..so did Adama once upon a time.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think he has played better recently but he still frustrates me. he spends too much time sitting on his **** and he never cuts inside. his shot is still mainly porr. such a frustrating player as he could be so good but he aint gonna change now
He does cut inside. He hadnone of our better chances against villa. Find this touchline hugging rubbish frustrating.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
I’ve flip flopped over Traore but he didn’t want to sign a new contract so we sent him to Barca and he couldn’t impress them enough there so back he traipsed for Bruno and now Julen to put him back in the team.

His pace appears to have diminished, he barely takes anyone on anymore and the only time you see a glimpse of that pace is when his touch has let him down and he needs to get to the ball just before the opposition.

Given we have given him what he wanted re: Barca. If we are offering him a decent deal to provide the club with an opportunity to recover a transfer fee, and he opts instead to drag it out to leave on a free then that is poor form.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone offer him more than that?

Probably not much more if clubs had to pay a fee for him, but getting him on a free, probably yes.

Aaron Ramsey managed to get £400k a week out of Juve by signing on a free!!

Back
Top Bottom