Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he was getting tested/a scan for a muscle injury the day before we played Palace.

So presume he isn't fully 100% and will benefit from the World Cup break.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not fully fit and still comfortably our biggest attacking threat.

A break and getting acquainted with a genuinely brilliant coach who believes in him should be the tonic for a new lease and hopefully contract.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not fully fit and still comfortably our biggest attacking threat.

A break and getting acquainted with a genuinely brilliant coach who believes in him should be the tonic for a new lease and hopefully contract.

Lopetegui tends to prefer inside forwards / wide attackers ( Ocampos for example ) rather than wingers which is going to make life more difficult for Adama long term as he just doesnt score enough goals. Short term i think he will be able to try to prove himself with the injury to Neto and only really having Hwang, Podence and possibly Campbell for competition. Guedes is going to probably be the biggest winner from Lopetegui coming here, especially as he is a player he wanted to sign at Sevilla.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lopetegui didn't pick Adama for the Spain World Cup squad in 2018. He was sacked before the start, but his squad was already there, and no Adama. I very much hope he gets him to stay though.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui didn't pick Adama for the Spain World Cup squad in 2018. He was sacked before the start, but his squad was already there, and no Adama. I very much hope he gets him to stay though.

Adama was playing for Middlesbrough in the Championship then. In fact he hadn't even declared his international allegiance to Spain or Mali. Hardly some overlook.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a Spanish manager who believes in him he might just sign a new contract.
The planets could align with him! He had his chance at Barca and it didnt work out. No one else is topping our wages for him at the moment and he has the chance to re-invent himself in 2023 under J-Lo. I really hope he does it for his and our sakes. #likeanewsigning

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love it if the gaffer gets Adama to sign a new deal. His impact on games goes beyond simple goals and assists. When he's on form and injury free, he's so dangerous that teams are forced to change their tactics against him.

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
I go to football matches to get entertained, whether he's playing poor or having a fabulous game, Adama can change a game in the blink of an eye. Everytime he's on that pitch he gives me hope, no other player at this moment in time has that presence about them. There's not another player in our squad that creates discussion and tactical changes from opposition managers more than Adama Traoré.
I'd love to think Julen could be key to him staying with us.

All this of course is just my opinion!

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I go to football matches to get entertained, whether he's playing poor or having a fabulous game, Adama can change a game in the blink of an eye. Everytime he's on that pitch he gives me hope, no other player at this moment in time has that presence about them. There's not another player in our squad that creates discussion and tactical changes from opposition managers more than Adama Traoré.

Totally agree!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Adama and I'd love him to perform for us and then sign a new contract. But surely realistically the best hope is that he performs well then leaves - he's guaranteed a bigger wage if he leaves at the end of his contract.

I don't blame him for wanting to try at Barca, after all he's from L'Hospitalet and clearly backs himself. Had Dembele not decided to start trying again I reckon he'd have done alright for a season. I also think his flaws (which do exist, admittedly) are exaggerated a tad by some, and are outweighed by what he does contribute. There's a clueless div in front of me who complains whenever his name is sung and spends all his time just shouting insults at him.

I also think he's developed his game: he anticipates play a bit better and will play the simple pass more often when there's nothing on. But then he will always go on one saft dribble backwards... just hold it up big lad, it's not like they're knocking you off the ball!

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance Adama signing a new contract....you do not run ya contract down, to re-sign at the last minute....he will get so decent offers from top sides like Napoli being on a free transfer.......adama is a good free signing for anybody....

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance Adama signing a new contract....you do not run ya contract down, to re-sign at the last minute....he will get so decent offers from top sides like Napoli being on a free transfer.......adama is a good free signing for anybody....
I agree. Julen is doing the right thing, giving him one final chance to sign, but if he doesn't then I think he will be sitting on the bench for the rest of the season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Julen is doing the right thing, giving him one final chance to sign, but if he doesn't then I think he will be sitting on the bench for the rest of the season.
He will play for us I think, we need him but the contract situation has gone to far.....he doesn't want to sign does he......he has turned down better money off us for 2/3 years ....he will recoup it nw on a free transfer .......still wouldn't suprise me if he ends up at Barcelona on a free......

He is a good free signing for someone..a lot of clubs will be after him...

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will play for us I think, we need him but the contract situation has gone to far.....he doesn't want to sign does he......he has turned down better money off us for 2/3 years ....he will recoup it nw on a free transfer .......still wouldn't suprise me if he ends up at Barcelona on a free......

I agrree..from Adamas point of view one can think that it would be stupid to sign a new contract with us.
In all reality,we let him go more than one year ago and now it is too late to try to squeeze the toothpaste back into the tube.
Besides,if Napolit is keen then iy is a nobrainer.The future champions of Serie A compared to the team that is very last in the table in the prem.
Should be a very natural and easy choice that.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

End up at barca to get less pitch time than he gets here?

I think he will go somewhere to be the main man. He clearly wants to be loved and appreciated.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Julen could well be the difference though. He was ready to sign a new contract by all accounts and then Nuno left and Lage came in. It’s very possible that Bruno was the reason he hasn’t signed but now we have a Spanish coach who believes in him that could all change. On the other hand Napoli would be very hard to turn down.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Julen could well be the difference though. He was ready to sign a new contract by all accounts and then Nuno left and Lage came in. It’s very possible that Bruno was the reason he hasn’t signed but now we have a Spanish coach who believes in him that could all change. On the other hand Napoli would be very hard to turn down.
He will have loads of offers .....won't just be Napoli....he is a great free transfer....

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if there was even a smidge of a chance of him signing, JL would be the one to make it happen….. I don’t see it though, although nothing would make me happier to be proved wrong, I just imagine he’s got a few offers on the table with no transfer fee needing to be paid unfortunately.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if there was even a smidge of a chance of him signing, JL would be the one to make it happen….. I don’t see it though, although nothing would make me happier to be proved wrong, I just imagine he’s got a few offers on the table with no transfer fee needing to be paid unfortunately.
He strikes me very much as an arm around the shoulder player who really needs the confidence of his manager. Julen is exactly that type of manager and Adama may well feel he’s better off staying in that situation than jumping ship for more money.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He strikes me very much as an arm around the shoulder player who really needs the confidence of his manager. Julen is exactly that type of manager and Adama may well feel he’s better off staying in that situation than jumping ship for more money.

That’s my hope, we are a known entity with him as well, he knows exactly what he’s getting at this club as opposed to moving to a new one, maybe that paired with JL’s hands on approach is enough to keep him here. If the likes of Napoli level are sniffing though, it’s an uphill battle!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s my hope, we are a known entity with him as well, he knows exactly what he’s getting at this club as opposed to moving to a new one, maybe that paired with JL’s hands on approach is enough to keep him here. If the likes of Napoli level are sniffing though, it’s an uphill battle!
I wonder if his loan to Barca has made him realise that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if his loan to Barca has made him realise that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side?

I won’t lie, I was hoping that would be exactly what happened and he’d sign the minute he came back, but no such luck yet! Don’t get me wrong he drives me mad - a lot! - but also no one else gets me out of my seat quicker… Which is nowadays a big thing considering the dross I’ve had to watch what feels like years! :laughing:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won’t lie, I was hoping that would be exactly what happened and he’d sign the minute he came back, but no such luck yet! Don’t get me wrong he drives me mad - a lot! - but also no one else gets me out of my seat quicker… Which is nowadays a big thing considering the dross I’ve had to watch what feels like years! :laughing:
He’s as equally frustrating as he is exciting!

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Douglas Luiz and Eddie Nketiah did the same, were definitely leaving, but ended up re-signing at the 11th hour. It's not a definite that's he's gone yet (...but I think he probably will sign with someone else in Jan, that said).

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given his form over the last 12 months I am not sure it’s a given that he goes to Napoli on better money than he gets at Wolves (revised contract). He may do, but I think he has to show improvement.
TBH if he goes at the end of the season and earns a decent contract at Napoli or elsewhere then fair enough, I think he will have therefore helped us avoid relegation and I will be grateful.
One of the most exciting and frustrating players I have ever seen but not sure any of his clubs have worked out the best formation to get the best from him AND the team.
I do want him to stay and for JL to get the best from him.

Back
Top Bottom