Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno signs for Spurs

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also really despise spurs as a club. Such a shame really he's lowered himself to manage a club like that. Makes.me question his self respect and morals
The guy gave £250k to feed the poor, and you’re questioning his self-respect and morals because of his new job...?
Wow! What a **** you are.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was press and MM not Nuno. We stupidly sacked him and therefore he could go where he wants. Makes Lage’s life expectancy a lot shorter as the demonstration of our mistake will be made clear in our first game of the season. About the length of time Frank De Boer lasted at Palace is what I’m expecting followed by fat Sam to come and firefight.
We didn't stupidly sack him at all. The relationship had run it's course, results but moreso performances showed that last season. Change was needed for all imo

Last edited:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t believe how quickly history has been rewritten. To write the same thing fairly would be:

‘Despite have three amazingly good seasons. And despite suffering terrible injury problems, he was slaughtered by (some fans) last season even though it was not a disaster. Then he was sacked. And now there’s a large contingent of fans who slag him off at any opportunity.’
I think you will find that the majority of fans are of the opinion that Nuno gave us three good years and we thank him for that. We also recognise though that things were going wrong and for both Wolves and Nuno there needed to be a parting of the ways. It is up to Fosun and co. to prove their piint and for Nuno to prove he can do a job with Spurs.
I take your point about injuries but it is not the fact that we finished the season ain a lower position that we would have liked but that the performances of the players were largely lethargic and disjointed.
What upsets me is the feelings of many towards Nuno also equates with wanting to see Bruno fail. I hav not seen this kind of rhetoric since Deano and to a lesser extent Lambert.

D

Deleted member 11332

That was press and MM not Nuno. We stupidly sacked him and therefore he could go where he wants. Makes Lage’s life expectancy a lot shorter as the demonstration of our mistake will be made clear in our first game of the season. About the length of time Frank De Boer lasted at Palace is what I’m expecting followed by fat Sam to come and firefight.

I'm still not 100% sure Nuno lasts until the season starts. Spurs fans are absolutely raging. Talk of protesting against the appointment at the training ground on twitter.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

It’s all very well saying move on but the reality is, for 99% of match going fans they left a stadium in March 2020, living the dream with Nuno an absolute hero, and the next time they watch a game live he’s managing the opposition.

Beyond weird situation.
Absolutely perfect summary of the situation.

most fans didn’t even think about him going and now we have all the loud mouths in here rewriting history that were well rid of him.

D

Deleted member 11332

If fans seriously consider giving Nuno chants a rendition against Spurs, in what would be Bruno's first home game at Molineux, please give your head a wobble and move on! Back Bruno!

It'll 100% happen while I tut and shake my head at the complete stupidity of the people I'm surrounded by. I haven't done that since the Cutrone song was belted out.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What upsets me is the feelings of many towards Nuno also equates with wanting to see Bruno fail. I hav not seen this kind of rhetoric since Deano and to a lesser extent Lambert.
Exactly.

Over the past few weeks, this place has felt like a Palace, then Everton and now Spurs forum.

We all appreciate what he did for us, but we’ve all moved on. Only time will tell if the club made the right decision. Same can be said to Spurs fans this evening.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
Nuno being at Spurs makes him the enemy now I would have followed his progress if he had gone abroad but not at Spurs.I am sure I read Bully say that in talking to Nuno after sacking Nuno said he was very relieved about the sacking.That sounds like a man whose heart was no longer in it maybe I am wrong I will never forget his time apart from last season.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brace yourself, because theres going to be a comparison every game to how we are performing against Spurs.

Although, I expect it to go quiet if they under perform or we ’over’ perform. We are after all going to be in a relegation fight before a balls even been kicked!
Thats exactly right, based on form and a new manager, we are in a relegation battle. Lage needs to be backed heavily just to even stand still. It looks inevitable we will lose some key personal like Adama and Moutinho and possibly even Neves or Coady. We cant afford too many jam tomorrow signings we will need jam today and plenty of it.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Nuno and wish him well but, if he doesn't find the missing attacking part of his coaching notes, I can see this ending in tears!

The Tottenham fans won't put up with performances like we produced last season, they expect flowing attacking football like the days of Greaves, Gilzean and Chivers, even though those days are long gone!

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I think you will find that the majority of fans are of the opinion that Nuno gave us three good years and we thank him for that. We also recognise though that things were going wrong and for both Wolves and Nuno there needed to be a parting of the ways. It is up to Fosun and co. to prove their piint and for Nuno to prove he can do a job with Spurs.
I take your point about injuries but it is not the fact that we finished the season ain a lower position that we would have liked but that the performances of the players were largely lethargic and disjointed.
I don’t want Bruno to fail - far from it.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top manager goes to a top club. I'm delighted for him. Wonder how Mr Shi feels ?
Lage....... better start grafting sharpish..... One hell of a job on his hands.
What has Nuno going to Spurs got to do with Lage coming in here? So many on here will be willing the new guy to fail. I guarantee Lage will be here longer than Nuno will be at Spurs; no doubt in my mind. Levy is saying 'we need to revert back to our core DNA of playing attacking, entertaining football' and he appoints Nuno? Has he seen nothing of us over the past 12 months? We haven't seen attacking, entertaining football at Molineux since early 2020. I'd hate to see Nuno fail again but he's on a hiding to nothing at Spurs and I can't see their fans accepting his appointment with anything but dismay. It will end in tears.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for most of the memories Nuno. Many of them amongst the best of my Wolves supporting life. I am sorry the team lost its way last season. I would like to wish you good luck, but i am not a Spurs fan, so I wish you no more luck than any other non Wolves manager

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats exactly right, based on form and a new manager, we are in a relegation battle. Lage needs to be backed heavily just to even stand still. It looks inevitable we will lose some key personal like Adama and Moutinho and possibly even Neves or Coady. We cant afford too many jam tomorrow signings we will need jam today and plenty of it.
I was being sarcastic about being in a relegation battle.

Perhaps Bruno will get a better performance out of certain players? Perhaps other plays will get an opportunity?

I really don’t understand the complete negativity. I have no idea about Bruno and how he prefers to play. I’m excited for the new season while also fearful for the unknown. There’s plenty of time for players to come and go. Let’s see where we are come the close of the transfer window.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's funny. At the end of February he was a 'great manager' and you were (once again) having a pop at any fan that dared question the manager.

By my calculations, that was six months in to the 'God awful football' that you were watching.
However you get your kicks

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck to Nuno. Doc, at least, must be chuffed to bits!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a unique opportunity here,so far as i know, of getting both manager to wave at the same time...bruno, nuno give us a wave..
Don't see him lasting out the season and fully expect that Levy will be searching for a manager he prefers to take over in December.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised how little I care, in truth. I was grateful for the good times while they happened, I was irritated by the apathy and lack of goals while it rattled on week after week, but it's past now.

Time flows one way, people don't get to decide which. Past is past.

It's now all about Lage and how much Wolves are willing to spend on recruitment and how wisely. Roll on August, looking forward to the bloom of the new era, some new faces around the place, the roar after the first goal goes in. I will celebrate Spurs losing as much as I always have, same for any club.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him. I wish him well.

Not at the expense of Wolves though. I hope we smash Spurs at Molineux and he is slumped in the away dugout.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
If its just a 2 year contract...he'll be gone as soon as a more high profile coach is available. I don't see this going well for him.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's a bit of a turn up.

I love the guy for getting us up and the first two seasons, but it had started to deteriorate last year and I think he was probably getting harder for Jeff to manage. I wouldn't be surprised if the relationship was starting to break down. With Nuno's big backroom team it's always a risk you lose a lot of knowledge when the manager goes - maybe they just didn't want this set-up any more.

He really does have a tough job in his hands at Spurs. He is not known for the Spurs brand of football so he will have a job winning over the locals - but he has a good squad and I bet there will be some money to spend.

I just think this move makes our task harder - he may come back for Adama, Neves, and even possibly Coady. Then next year you risk losing Neto. But he will know via his best buddy Mendes exactly who we want to target.

I just think Bruno's job got a little bit harder, if it wasn't already a potential nightmare.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's a bit of a turn up.

I love the guy for getting us up and the first two seasons, but it had started to deteriorate last year and I think he was probably getting harder for Jeff to manage. I wouldn't be surprised if the relationship was starting to break down. With Nuno's big backroom team it's always a risk you lose a lot of knowledge when the manager goes - maybe they just didn't want this set-up any more.

He really does have a tough job in his hands at Spurs. He is not known for the Spurs brand of football so he will have a job winning over the locals - but he has a good squad and I bet there will be some money to spend.

I just think this move makes our task harder - he may come back for Adama, Neves, and even possibly Coady. Then next year you risk losing Neto. But he will know via his best buddy Mendes exactly who we want to target.

I just think Bruno's job got a little bit harder, if it wasn't already a potential nightmare.
Good balanced post.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a London club so it's easier to try to distance my club from from him now.
I do hope that nobody expects Levy to spaff millions on any of our fringe players.

He might stretch to a meal for two at the Hungry Hoss but even that would require a favour in return.

Come on Bruno. Knacker them.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I also really despise spurs as a club. Such a shame really he's lowered himself to manage a club like that. Makes.me question his self respect and morals
Well I don’t. Who knows what actually went on and why he looked so down last year

One thing we do know is that he was very honourable while at wolves and genuinely cared about the city to the point of making a personal donation of a quarter of a million.

talk all you want about crappy Nuno ball being a disaster but don’t start saying he’s some kind of dodgy character because that just complete *******s.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think he can do a good job there but he is up against it.. he will need to muster up that energy and spirit he brought to Wolves at first. Won’t be easy. Spurs is a thankless task.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does. Lage is of the same level Nuno was when he came to us. Lage was our first choice, Nuno was an afterthought for Spurs.
Difference is Nuno had quality players shipped in to help the cause. He improved them massively and improved some of those he inherited like Doc and Coady.
Looks like Bruno will lose Rui and a raft of other top professionals efore he gets started. Bottom line is........ It appears we're trying to stay up on a shoe string with a relatively inexperienced manager. I fear for us. I hope Bruno is a massive success......... I just don't see it at the moment.
Maybe a few decent signings will help us calm down.

Back
Top Bottom