Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno signs for Spurs

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well your Spurs mate must be better connected than SSN and every bookie in the country, given the number of people who were allegedly close to the job at various points.

At the very least, the Conte interest was in between Nuno leaving and getting the job, so it would have been a mad gamble to think his leaving was orchestrated as he had the Spurs job lined up.

I’m more suggesting they’d know more than Wolves fans would, likewise we’d know more than Spurs fans would about our managerial appointment.

SSN more or less report on bookies odds which is manipulated by the markets.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously Levy hasn't come out and said that, why would he? If you're looking for official statements from the Chairman before you'll think about something, then wemay as well shut down Mol Mix until after transfer deadline day.

If the plan was for Nuno all along, it wouldn't have been as long a process. While people get far too worked up about silly rumours, this wasn't just a case of F00t1EAgent99 on Twitter saying it.
They didn’t get their sporting director in till a few weeks after nuno left , he had been admirable of nuno for some time , do you think getting their sporting director was an out of the blue thing ? It would have been on the table for weeks and they would have spoken to him of who he wants to work with …

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They didn’t get their sporting director in till a few weeks after nuno left , he had been admirable of nuno for some time , do you think getting their sporting director was an out of the blue thing ? It would have been on the table for weeks and they would have spoken to him of who he wants to work with …

Shall we subject the theory to the same level of proof then? Which official statement can you point to from Levy saying they didn't even consider anyone else?

Fonseca spoke extensively to Paratici last week, about such detail as pre-season training and friendly matches. Although there was a divergence in the styles of play each felt suited the squad - Fonseca' favouring an attacking style, while Paratici wanted a more defensive-minded team - on Thursday morning the former Roma boss thought he had a gentleman's agreement to take over at Tottenham.

Gattuso's sudden availability, having being ditched after 23 days by Fiorentina amid a row over the involvement of super-agent Jorge Mendes, saw Paratici suddenly change direction, much to Fonseca's bewilderment.

This is from BBC Sport, and only concerns moves for other manages made AFTER Paratici's appointment.

This is one of the weirdest tinfoil hat theories I've seen on here. But I'm glad you've worked out that Nuno was first choice, when all of the football media in Europe seemed to disagree.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Shall we subject your mates theory to the same level of proof required by you then? Which official statement can you point to from Levy saying they didn't even consider anyone else?

This is from BBC Sport, and only concerns moves for other manages made AFTER Paratici's appointment.

This is one of the weirdest tinfoil hat theories I've seen on here. But I'm glad you've worked out that Nuno was first choice, when all of the football media in Europe seemed to disagree.
Conte literally spoke about why he pulled out of negotiations. I am sure it was all a smokescreen to get Nuno in though.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to the guy. Gave me some of my best times watching Wolves for sure

For that Nuno will always be fondly remembered but the last 18 months wore very, very thin toward the end

When you don't want to watch your own team then something is wrong

Yam obviously a young un.Some of us followed the team hum and away into the 4th division,and I can assure you.Some of it war nice to watch but We still went.
If yam Wolves ay we,ya follow em through the good and BAD times.BUT you always want to see them play.Yow will get used to it. :tonguewink:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Yam obviously a young un.Some of us followed the team hum and away into the 4th division,and I can assure you.Some of it war nice to watch but We still went.
If yam Wolves ay we,ya follow em through the good and BAD times.BUT you always want to see them play.Yow will get used to it. :tonguewink:
My most enjoyable time watching Wolves was our time in the fourth division and the rise that followed. I do think the Nuno years has slightly eclipsed that though. Wasn't much fun on the way down to Division 4, but still went and it was enjoyable it its own way. Then Turner took over and shaped the team and Bully was banging over 50 goals a season. Those were glory days, you could always get an away ticket and most of the grounds and stands wouldn't pass a safety test by today's standards! I was young and good looking then to, so that probably helped.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Wolves was always an excuse for a beer, lol. Celebrate the good times and drown your sorrows in the bad ones.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dear lord……
Only an immature juvenile would even think of doing that. He’s a classy guy, conducts himself like most well adjusted adults, oozes dignity and would never embarrass his parents and upbringing, his wife and kids, the club, Jeff , Wolves or Spurs.

I’ve asked this before but sadly it bears repeating……

After all these years, do you not have the measure of the man?
Sarcasm was clearly lost on you then.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I keep on dredging this thread up, but I'm not obsessed with Nuno (honest - no posting Let it Go videos please).

Just read a really brilliant in-depth article on The Athletic that compares Nuno with Mourinho. It's aimed at Spurs fans but it goes into forensic detail about Nuno's time at Wolves. Not written by Spiers but does mention some of the things he's written about but much much more. Well worth a read if you subscribe to The Athletic. Very interested to see how Bruno compares with relatively the same team.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right Steve mate, although have to admit enjoyed the Bhatti away days, hopefully see you Saturday.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether Nuno was first choice or not isn't really relevant. Spurs would have been talking to several potential managers at the same time and also several agents. During that time things change, and any reports claiming stuff as fact are usually quite nebulous when you comb through them in more detail. It seems only
Wolves decide who their next manager is before the ink is dry on the NDA of the incumbent.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read a really brilliant in-depth article on The Athletic that compares Nuno with Mourinho. It's aimed at Spurs fans but it goes into forensic detail about Nuno's time at Wolves. Not written by Spiers but does mention some of the things he's written about but much much more. Well worth a read if you subscribe to The Athletic. Very interested to see how Bruno compares with relatively the same team.

Great article, with a lot of stuff about Nuno that I didn't know even after nearly four years of him at Wolves.

Bit of an eye-opener too having some real in-depth sports journalism to get stuck into rather than Tim Spiers' routinely fairly superficial stuff that The Athletic clearly thinks is good enough for reporting on Wolves whereas something much more substantial and detailed is equally clearly required by them when reporting on a Sky 6 side like Tottenham.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Great article, with a lot of stuff about Nuno that I didn't know even after nearly four years of him at Wolves.

Bit of an eye-opener too having some real in-depth sports journalism to get stuck into rather than Tim Spiers' routinely fairly superficial stuff that The Athletic clearly thinks is good enough for reporting on Wolves whereas something much more substantial and detailed is equally clearly required by them when reporting on a Sky 6 side like Tottenham.
Yes, fantastic article. Like you say, a lot of detail I didn't know about Nuno and the different methods and practices used at Wolves. I think Tim's writing has improved during his time at The Athletic but this is a few levels above in forensic research and detail. Also demonstrates the extra scrutiny that Nuno will be under at a club like Spurs.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some wonderful memories of Nuno's time with us that'll stay with me and my family forever, promotion season and the huge party in West Park for one.
Let's just give him the respect he deserves when we meet on the pitch and hope the results go our way.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I will always be eternally appreciative to nuno and his place in our evolution, getting us up from the champ and turning us into an overperforming PL side, he's now moved on and we have to put that to bed and give the new bloke a go. MOVE ON please.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In pre-COVID times he [Nuno] would make a point of shaking the hands of everyone in the room, including the cameramen, before starting a press conference. It was his way of marking his territory.
Seems like a bit of a leap to me. Isn't he just being friendly, and showing everyone that he values them?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep on dredging this thread up, but I'm not obsessed with Nuno (honest - no posting Let it Go videos please).

Excellent article. Supports a lot we might have inferred, but provides some fresh insights too.

Interesting that with his departure we’ve picked up a string of hamstring injuries given we only had 3 in all the years he was our coach.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent article. Supports a lot we might have inferred, but provides some fresh insights too.

Interesting that with his departure we’ve picked up a string of hamstring injuries given we only had 3 in all the years he was our coach.
Yup. Not only his departure of course but all of the backroom fitness team....

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because although his class was permanent, he was out of form?
Spent way too much time on the bench IMO. Was he ever out of form? I think not, I just don't think they saw eye-to-eye, for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Boly was a recurrence of last years tbf

Back
Top Bottom