Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno signs for Spurs

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost a bit of credibility with me to be honest. All the talk of family and all that and here he is staying put in the same country.... Bit contractive really

Doc will be happy though.....
That was press and MM not Nuno. We stupidly sacked him and therefore he could go where he wants. Makes Lage’s life expectancy a lot shorter as the demonstration of our mistake will be made clear in our first game of the season. About the length of time Frank De Boer lasted at Palace is what I’m expecting followed by fat Sam to come and firefight.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
If fans seriously consider giving Nuno chants a rendition against Spurs, in what would be Bruno's first home game at Molineux, please give your head a wobble and move on. Back Bruno!
100%. A good round of applause for what he did for us and then really get behind Bruno and our team for 90 minutes.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll be at Spurs longer than Lage will be at Wolves . It'll be interesting.
We got our first choice, Spurs got their 7th 8th 9th +th. I know who I'd sooner have.
Wonder what choices either club will have if things go pear shaped during the season.

I'd rather have my first choice. They are more likely to be successful than a panic appointment.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to Nuno he brought respect back to Wolves. He will now have the chance to prove if he really is a good manager or not, has got some good players down there but its a heck of a job that he has taken on, the only thing that i will say is if he plays a defensive style at Spurs he probably wont last the season.

D

Deleted member 11332

Levy will want Spurs to get champions league football, which they won’t get.

Jeff will want us to be mid-table and develop our young players which Bruno will do.

Can't believe anyone seriously thinks the former is achievable with what they have. I wouldn't even back SAF to get this spurs side in the top 4.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Levy will want Spurs to get champions league football, which they won’t get.

Jeff will want us to be mid-table and develop our young players which Bruno will do.
I hope youre right re Bruno

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If fans seriously consider giving Nuno chants a rendition against Spurs, in what would be Bruno's first home game at Molineux, please give your head a wobble and move on. Back Bruno!

It’s a really ****ty situation for everyone.

Obviously, we all want to batter Spurs but equally, it’s the first (and possibly only) chance for a lot of supporters to express their gratitude for what was the best four (well three) years of many of their Wolves-supporting lives.

Ideal situation for me is we all get behind Bruno during the match, get the three points then get to say thanks to Nuno after the game.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because they as a club have no morals and therefore guilt by association..took a low interest loan from the government for 'running costs', furloughed staff and then dropped 200k a week on Bale. Absolutely disgraceful, hope the stadium blows up and levy is catapulted into orbit.
Oh yes that is true to be fair.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think this is the start of the end for Nuno and may be something he never comes back from. Already the fans don't want him, he plays very similar football to Mourinho but is much less successful and his first transfer business will be their best player leaving.

I can't see anything but a real struggle, if he does make a success of it there it's better than anything he achieved here.

Spurs fans don't even like themselves so they are not going to like anyone else are they, what a sad bunch of Arsenal wanabees,

First thing he will do is give us Matt back, or swap Neto for Kane and Son. plus a bit of cash lol

D

Deleted member 11332

Spurs fans don't even like themselves so they are not going to like anyone else are they, what a sad bunch of Arsenal wanabees,

First thing he will do is give us back Matt back,

I work with a spurs ST holder. He said he's going to "boo the **** out of him" and the scary thing is I don't think that's isolated behaviour either.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely annoyed by this. Spurs and their fans don’t deserve Nuno at all and I’m actually a little irritated that he’s gone to a club in the same league as us. I know a jobs a job but still...

It puts pressure on Lage to succeed now, even more than before. If Spurs are challenging at the top and we are struggling then it’s just going to add fuel to the fire.

Reaction score
Didn’t see that coming. Be interesting to see if he goes more attacking with a squad better equipped to do so but I wonder if safety first football will get much patience there. In isolation I’m sure he’d do a good job there but depends if the fans take to him, it’s a totally different situation to Wolves marooned in the Championship to taking over Spurs about to lose their star striker and expecting to challenge for top 4 again

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never ever thought this would happen. Spurs must have been into double figures in their manager search and were becoming a laughing stock.

He won’t get the love and affection he had with us and Levy will get rid without hesitation if/when they get a few poor results and performances.

Nuno is going to the bright lights of London from leafy Tettenhall. It’s going to be a bit of a culture shock.

No doubt there will plenty of rumours concerning which of our players will be joining him with Mendes influence involved. It’s one thing to lose the best Wolves manager in my lifetime but to lose some of the best players as well does not bear thinking about.

Can you imagine his first interview: ‘I’m joining a fantastic club, steeped in tradition and renowned for playing attacking football. We have fantastic players, who I cannot wait to work with. There is a fantastic stadium for us to play in and we have fantastic fans. This is a great opportunity for me and my team’. We will be a distant memory!

Are you watching Jeff and Fosun? If you are let’s hear about your hopes and plans for the coming season? Are you happy with a Mendes/Gestifute client being appointed manager (with Mendes no doubt heavily involved) to a fellow Premier League team? Will any of our best players be joining Nuno? Will you back our new manager in the transfer market without selling our Crown Jewels? There are so many questions requiring answers especially now with most players and staff returning next Monday. There are so many negative rumours flying around, why not give us some positive news and put this lifelong Wolves fan mind to rest!

I will give Bruno and any Wolves manager100% support and wish Nuno well except when we play them!

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really sad to see Nuno at another English club, I was convinced he’d end up as the new Portugal boss.

I wish him all the best but I think him and Lage will be in a race to avoid the sack by Christmas.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a really ****ty situation for everyone.

Obviously, we all want to batter Spurs but equally, it’s the first (and possibly only) chance for a lot of supporters to express their gratitude for what was the best four (well three) years of many of their Wolves-supporting lives.

Ideal situation for me is we all get behind Bruno during the match, get the three points then get to say thanks to Nuno after the game.
Or more likely a 70th minute winner from Spurs after a goalless first half and Nuno fistpumping their fans at the end

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's weird seeing him in a different clubs colours.

I for one am forever grateful of what Nuno achieved I doubt many of us have saw a manager what shared the same bond with not just the club or the fans but the city in general.

However Bruno is our manager now he needs full backing and not to feel that the presence of Nuno is still lingering in the background overshadowing anything he does.

As for Nuno at Spurs I don't see it ending well, they will have some money to spend once Kane leaves for a ridiculous fee but I feel covid may have hit them harder than most as there 1 billion pound stadium has been empty for most of its existence not just the Premier League games but all the other sports such as NFL they rely on to bring in money, Also there fans aren't known to be the most patient of supporters ànd add in the loss of there talisman who will be near impossible to replace it will be a difficult season for them similar to when Bale left they spent a fortune and it never clicked the same and they aren't able to attract the caliber of players like City/Liverpool/Chelsea and United can.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A year ago I'd have been absolutely devestated by this

12 months of god awful football later and I'm entirely unbothered

Wish Nuno well though
That's funny. At the end of February he was a 'great manager' and you were (once again) having a pop at any fan that dared question the manager.

By my calculations, that was six months in to the 'God awful football' that you were watching.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wish him well although I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed to see him take another PL job so soon.

If Spurs sign all the top players we we've been linked with over the last couple of years that we haven't signed for one reason or another and Nuno gets them purring then I also can't say I won't be a bit annoyed/jealous.

For what it's worth I think Bruno will do just fine and I'm excited to see what he can do.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won’t get the love and affection he had with us and Levy will get rid without hesitation if/when they get a few poor results and performances.

Whereas at Wolves, 3 years of stunning over-performance earned him... being allowed to finish the season, before being shown the door!

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Didn’t see that coming. Be interesting to see if he goes more attacking with a squad better equipped to do so but I wonder if safety first football will get much patience there. In isolation I’m sure he’d do a good job there but depends if the fans take to him, it’s a totally different situation to Wolves marooned in the Championship to taking over Spurs about to lose their star striker and expecting to challenge for top 4 again
Definitely been instructed to play attacking

Interesting comments about their DNA (familiar), Tottingham must not be humble. Link

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ugh, I have a feeling of dread about this. I hope Jeff knows what he's doing!

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Talk sport... find it amusing with all these spurs fans moaning about Nuno appointment. Some said they would rather have had Eddie Howe lol. They also want Nuno to bring in Jiminez and Traore.

I only hope that this season whoever we sign and players we keep Lage can build confidence and a competitive team for what is going to be a challenging season.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%. A good round of applause for what he did for us and then really get behind Bruno and our team for 90 minutes.
Nuno did a great job and got us back to where we belong. Will get a great reception I'm sure then that's it.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And now Jacqui Oatley is on Sky Sports as a presenter talking about this. This feels very sad!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of where he was on their choice list they've ended up with a quality manager. Lage was our first choice........... tells me a lot.

It does. Lage is of the same level Nuno was when he came to us. Lage was our first choice, Nuno was an afterthought for Spurs.

WV5 Wolf

Reaction score
Also a stadium doesn't win you football matches
Oh it will, no worries there...

Designed to create an atmosphere if their home stand gets going. Over 17,500 in that stand alone for Nuno to fist pump if all goes well for him. Let’s hope not.

It will also generate plenty of dosh once normality returns, all depends how much Levy chucks at transfers or repaying the debt

Back
Top Bottom