Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't feel let down at all. We have just had a difficult season for many reasons.
I have confidence that the club and Nuno will look at things and try to address the issues quickly.

I don't understand why people think a manager who has taken us to 7th position twice, cant do it again.

Players have to learn, managers have to learn and Fosun need to learn as well.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
I thought Leeds were missing until you mentioned it! Had to go back and look 2 feet to the right of my monitor to find them :D Take Traore out and we'd be 2 feet to the left.

Great set of posts, all. I think in them, they contain the reasons we play like we have this (and last season). The point about the players being close to physical and mental burn out just before the *start* of this season is very telling.

At this point, I think the mental burnout is probably the worst factor. Having to play the way we do for all those reasons discussed, is only going to layer more problems on in the long run. And a couple of players have said they were really worried during our bad run. It all mounts up.
I agree with your point about mental burnout, so many of the goals that we have let in have been due to poor decision making rather than lack of ability.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I was posting for the attention of both of the posters concerned.
I realised that. I’m happy for you to ban them both. Would be a shame for Lykos, but if it’s a case of banning both or none at all then I vote for both.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
I don't think people's concern is necessarily with the league position.

It's with how poor the football has been all season. Slow starts, no intensity, not controlling games, not defending set pieces properly and not getting men up the pitch to support attacks.

Talk all you want about injuries etc. but these are basic things that can be addressed both on the training pitch and 'in-game'. You don't need to wait until next season or until certain players are back to change or improve these things.

There has been no improvement all season and in fact it can be argued that we are regressing. That's the concerning aspect - the direction of travel.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Some idiots on here. Let down? absolutely not. Dissapointed at this season? Yes but with a car crash of unknown problems worldwide. Unavoidable.
Guys think this season was always going to be a transitional season for the team and NUNO. but whats happened in the world our injuries and the mental health issues NUNO and his coaches and indeed the players have had to endure with not seeing there families has all had an effect on the team after all there all human beings wiyh feelings .i for one think NUNO and his coaches have enough credit in the bank to take us forward next season. On the other hand if NUNO says next week thats it guys I've took you as far as i can time to pass the Barton over .i would say think you NUNO you will always hold a special place in all wolves fans hearts. So guys please dont slag the man off we will finish middle table and be in the PREMIER league next season with molineux load and proud aging i cant wait my 41st year as a season ticket holder. COME ON ME BABIES WOLVES AND PROUD. x
T

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At what point do you both think bod and I might lose patience altogether and say the forum will be better off without this kind of stuff? Because its coming.
@northnorfolkwolf ... you say not to just throw down abuse, but then end with abuse of your own. Do you not see how you completely undermine yourself?
Mutchy, show me one thread/post where I've started the abuse? You won't find one, that is not my way. It's always the same on here, and it's always the same individuals. I discuss something and the response is often like the one above from Lykos, in this instance - 'I never realised you were so ugly'. What is the point of saying that? If someone has a go at me I will respond; I'm a big boy and I will not be bullied or threatened on here. If that is undermining myself so be it. The Mods should stand up for the freedom of posters, within reason, to openly say what they think. The Mods should stamp down on posters, and you know who they are, who constantly send abuse. The Mix has an 'accepted' stance on most things and if you have the temerity to offer a different view you get abused. Debate is fine, abuse is not.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the other hand if NUNO says next week thats it guys I've took you as far as i can time to pass the Barton over .i would say think you NUNO you will always hold a special place in all wolves fans hearts.
No. Not Joey?

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot believe any Wolves fan does not feel let down this season?

I don't feel let down at all. I would like to have seen more entertaining football, but realise we have been playing without at least 3 of our best players for a good part of the season, adding to that, Neves has suffered with Covid and this can make normal life difficult, never mind being a top quality footballer.
I will be happy when the season is over and can understand your frustration and I accept you are a Wolves fan who wants the best for the club. I think everything comes down to how you evaluate given situations. I have always allowed for the not so good level of football, because of the lack of a preseason and the multiple injuries and also, I realise there can always be underlying problems that supporters know nothing about. I then look at what Nuno has done in the past and believe he has had to make the best of a patched up team and a good rest over the summer will make a world of difference. I know you evaluate the situation to me differently and that's fine. We all want the best for the club.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was up to me I'd ban any "fan" who says they've been let down this season.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
According to the athletic 19.1 % of the minutes in the games was given to players 21 or under. This is the highest amount in the division, in fact only 5 other teams have more than 10% of their minutes played by U22s. This probably helps explain the mentality issues in the team, but it also is a positive that our youngsters have improved by playing more. We know that Nuno has the ability to improve players, Coady being a prime example.

Nuno blooding more youngsters than any other manager this season shows future is bright for Wolves

This gives me some positivity for the future.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never wanted to be an I told you so merchant but...
Very sad news and will take a period of time to get over.
Thank you Nuno and good luck in the future. Much love.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Mutchy, show me one thread/post where I've started the abuse? You won't find one, that is not my way. It's always the same on here, and it's always the same individuals. I discuss something and the response is often like the one above from Lykos, in this instance - 'I never realised you were so ugly'. What is the point of saying that? If someone has a go at me I will respond; I'm a big boy and I will not be bullied or threatened on here. If that is undermining myself so be it. The Mods should stand up for the freedom of posters, within reason, to openly say what they think. The Mods should stamp down on posters, and you know who they are, who constantly send abuse. The Mix has an 'accepted' stance on most things and if you have the temerity to offer a different view you get abused. Debate is fine, abuse is not.
You cannot say abuse is not okay, but then indulge in it yourself - regardless of who started it.
In such a case both parties can expect moderation.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, some have got what they wanted.

Lets hope it isn’t something we regret.
Only 11% remember.

I, and many others, have questioned him but didn't want him to go.

Sad day for the club whether you liked him right now or not.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only 11% remember.

I, and many others, have questioned him but didn't want him to go.

Sad day for the club whether you liked him right now or not.
I didn’t say it was a lot, just some.

He of course has to be accountable for some of the issues this season however I didn’t want him to go and backed him all the way.

Gutted to be honest.

Let’s hope now it’s been announced he’ll get the send off her deserves for the previous 3 fantastic years he gave us.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posted elsewhere that there was an itk Mixer who said he'd be gone. More to do with needing a break and family than anything else if I remember correctly.

Would explain the rather turgid performances and Nuno has looked pretty detached compared to his previous seasons. I was a critic of the negative style of play but, like many others, believed he had a free hit this season because of what he has achieved for Wolves since his arrival.

I just hope Fosun are, or have been, prepared for this moment. My biggest worry is that Nuno has seen something he doesn't like and has decided to jump ship.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as an aside, is it possible to bin this thread off now? Or at least rename it?

He’s going, seems a bit disrespectful having “Nuno Out” at the top of the mix...

There are the Nuno gone and Nuno replacements threads for that kind of discussion now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom