Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno facing the sack today

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we had to pay him out in full even if he took another job?

If it was based on how long he was out of work, it was awfully kind of him to save us some money and take a break on Spurs severance pay instead!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Plus the Cup Winners Cup and don’t forget some of their fans think they won the World Cup too
Forgot they claim that, Spurs 8 FA cups, 4 league cups, 2 leagues. Just slightly more than West Ham

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the football world are putting the blame on Levy rather than Nuno. Yes Nuno’s reputation will be tarnished a tad but maybe his future employers will take into account the hand he was dealt.

Afterall, he did get Wolves to 7th. twice, an FA semi and quarter final in the Europa. If he leaves Spurs now, most of his rep will be intact.
Getting out now might just be the best thing for Nuno.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agreed.

Levy wanted some sort of Mexican stand-off.£160 million was it? Doubt Kane is worth anywhere near that on current form..
Was always a daft price for his age, just wait for Haaland next year

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please, the bloke is burnt out, let him have a break.

I think two issues with Gerrard… 1, he is too engrossed in Rangers…. 2, even if he left for a Newcastle or Spurs you know full well he would go to Liverpool in a heartbeat should Klopp ever go. He would never be that committed to another English club other than the scousers. I could be wrong!
You could be wrong.............but I bet on Steve Morgan's scarf that you are right.;):D

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Doesn’t he want about a million quid a week?
Think his release clause is £70M, so I suppose you could argue that is probably about the same as Kane for £120M over 5 years. Obscene though

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get the chance we MUST get him back.

Noooo, the time has gone now, but back to Nuno at Spurs there are deep lying problems inherant at the Club, especially when a player comes out and says this
"To show up like this, it's unacceptable,
"At home there should be fireworks and determination. It wasn't there. I had better not say too much." That hints at the deeper problems within.

The job is to big for Nuno as others have found out, its not only players attitudes that are the issue.

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
Let's face it , spurs have got worse under nuno, he doesn't play tonthere strength which is harry kane and son , watching spurs is like watching us last season, awful and boring. If he was still at wolves the majority would demand he was sacked. spurs fans have every right to have him sacked .

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Breaking in the press: here is one outlet.

If this is true, I doubt many of us are surprised. Yet, I would like to express my sympathies towards the great man. The club is a mess and the overall attitude and professionalism of lots of players in their squad (including the England Captain) has been disgusting.

Nuno will always be one of our own.
i think its like the Clough / Taylor at Leeds flop, Player Rule, Nuno was great with coaching the youngsters , and getting established players at the Wolves.
but at Spurs he had to deal with Kane sulking like a spoilt brat, Deli thinking he should be Jack Sparrow the pirate more than being a footballer. Son sulking cause his side kick was acting like a baby.
Nuno didn't stand a chance and still think he has as brilliant future in the game,

Head up Nuno, your better than those idiots from North London,

Last edited:

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf, I feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Never Spurs first choice, the unsettling saga of Harry (one of our own) Kane and a fairly limited time to get things in order.

I know the last year with us was painful to watch at times, but I remember how attacking and good to watch we were. Nuno and his team did an absolutely outstanding job for us: took fairly limited players (eg Doherty, Ruddy, Douglas) and got them playing above themselves; took some seriously good talented youngsters (Costa, Neves, Jota) and gave them the opportunity to improve and progress; took some seasoned pros who weren’t even first choice at their club (Boly, Jiminez) and made them into premier league regulars. So for me, I feel bad for the situation Nuno is currently in as he hasn’t just turned into a bad coach, and, imho, deserves better than Spurs hanging him out to dry.

Football is a cruel game though. As a head coach/manager, the buck stops with you. If results and performances aren’t up to scratch, it’s always the manager/coach that loses their job. I’m not saying that Nuno is exempt from criticism, but I feel he probably deserves less than he’s getting as that Tottenham job has been poison ever since Pochettino was sacked. Even the ‘special one’ couldn’t make Sours into genuine contenders, despite spending millions!

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
how about a Bruno and Nuno double act, like Clough and Taylor, or 2. Jose Mourinho and Steve Clarke, . Alex Ferguson and Steve McClaren or
Morecambe and Wise, OK, only joking about Steve McClaren ;)

Back
Top Bottom