Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
60m with add ons plus Doyle at a cut price and obvs the Bueno is something to do with it. Not bad.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
55m plus Doyle on loan. Hoping this is with thr option to buy at a better than market value price, otherwise given the timing it's a crap deal for us.
£5 million for Doyle if we take up the optio

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont get the hate, I am afraid. Players move on, and top players move to the currently top clubs.

Looks like we have got a reasonable deal, so accept that.

If we had looked like making a serious effort for Europe under Lopetegui, then I expect he would have stayed.

And that is how it will continue. If we can put together a team capable of challenging the top 6/cup runs, we
will hang onto our best players for the following season. If not, we have to reboot and go again.

Wolves are one of those clubs who do inspire a degree of loyalty from some players, but it wont be the case
with every player.
It’s what he as done and the way he as done it
Going on strike because we didn’t say yes to the first offer. I’ll say it again IMO an absolute tool and disgrace

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully a few quid in profit and the end of FFP concerns, assuming we stay up. Moment he stopped training there was only one way this would end

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All those saying we’ve had ‘our pants pulled down’ for a player I saw have 2 good games tops last season, whilst under the guidance of the pound shop Mourinhio, please help me see the logic??

We’ve got £47m plus a couple of first team players for a petulant buck toothed baby who thought he was too good for us.

If you ask me it’s the sale of the century, I’d have took £4.7m.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I thought he was the upgrade from Palhinha when he came but it was quite obvious after five or six games we got the wrong player. Can only hypothesize their was a decent player in their but rarely contributed to a significant level where he swung the game in our favour. Shall not miss him and showed a total lack of class in the way in which he left. Deserves nothing but disrespect in the future. As for the facial comparisons with a certain Bash St kid you have to say they are remarkably similar in appearance. Perhaps Pep can pop a desk in front of the bench for him to lean on because he is going to be sat on it quite regularly when KDB comes back.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Doyle any good? 50% sell on seems a bit steep
He's worth more than the 5m being reported. I've no problem with a reduced fee and a steep sell on.

Blades fans I've spoken to rate Doyle but don't think he's even got the potential to be a top half PL player. Apparently he's mature and solid, but not much more (their opinion): "well behind MGW and Dean Henderson, and less of a loss than McAtee" seems to be the consensus. We're definitely feeding on City scraps here, as Cole Palmer is being looked at by Chelsea, McAtee has made their squad, and Doyle didn't and is very much deemed surplus to requirements.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm gonna start keeping receipts on these awful takes
They aren't though.

Nunes wasn't good for us, he isn't going to be good for us, he will be good for city. Not sure how you are struggle to switch between the two.

In exchange for him we have got two players (Girona being owned by City group pretty much facilitates this transfer) and a decent wedge of cash upfront.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve got to factor in getting an (arguably) £15m rated player on loan with a £5m buy option, and the Girona centre back (owned by City Football Group) for £8m when his release clause is over £20m.

I think in total the value is closer to £60m. Not a terrible deal, not a great deal, I’ll judge it based on who we replace Nunes with, and if we get a quality centre forward in to take the pressure off Sasa’s knees.
Good points, there are some serious grey areas in this deal.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All those saying we’ve had ‘our pants pulled down’ for a player I saw have 2 good games tops last season, whilst under the guidance of the pound shop Mourinhio, please help me see the logic??

We’ve got £47m plus a couple of first team players for a petulant buck toothed baby who thought he was too good for us.

If you ask me it’s the sale of the century, I’d have took £4.7m.

Liverpool away (coincidentally the team he was linked with) is the only really good game he had in my opinion.
Other than that it was flashes of talent

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's worth more than the 5m being reported. I've no problem with a reduced fee and a steep sell on.

Blades fans I've spoken to rate Doyle but don't think he's even got the potential to be a top half PL player. Apparently he's mature and solid, but not much more (their opinion): "well behind MGW and Dean Henderson, and less of a loss than McAtee" seems to be the consensus. We're definitely feeding on City scraps here, as Cole Palmer is being looked at by Chelsea, McAtee has made their squad, and Doyle didn't and is very much deemed surplus to requirements.
He'll be 4th choice midfielder then, as things stand

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've seen plenty to be sure that he will.

More important is what Pep thinks.

How many duds has he signed for City regardless of the money spent?

Nunes is shear class, I hate how he's handled himself and I'm gutted that a club like City is able to just cherry pick our best players.

Won't replace him easily least of all with Tommy Doyle.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the way it's been jiggled to avoid FFP with Doyle coming the other way and money up front works for both clubs. We both pay lower fees for FFP that way. Of course the true question of how much we really got lies in the value of Doyle if he ends up being worth 15-20 million then we will have done well and freed up funds to finance transfer in.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Glad to see the back of him - one of a few bad eggs at the club (in my opinion) and we're doing a good job of clearing them out this summer. He won't be missed by me that's for sure.

Podence next please.

We all want talented players, which nunes clearly is, but there is nothing more important at a football club than ensuring the squad have a positive attitude, commitment and a desire to pull on the shirt.

Having all the players pulling in the right (and same) direction is absolutely critical.

Ultimately that's why we did so well under Nuno.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I look at this I think its an excellent deal;
  1. £47m in cash up front is really significant, the interest gained compared to a instalment plan is huge as is the cash flow
  2. Getting Doyle for just £5m is excellent. Scott went for £25m and MGW went for £35m after similar seasons in the chump
  3. Doyle may not be as flashy as those two, but his numbers are impressive.
    1. He play 21 games to Scott's 40 scored three times the goals and got the same assists
    2. He gave the ball away half as often as Scott
    3. Had half the yellow cards.
    4. Had more Shots per game and more key passes
  4. Doyle without the Nunes deal would be £15m easy, we are not buying prime Neves, but he is going to better than Hodge (who can go out on loan when fit)
  5. The deal for the defender from a City group club must have been agreed, £8m instead of his £20m release clause
  6. This package = £47m upfront + £10m Doyle discount + £12m Defender Discount + Interest save on instalments (£6m mentioned)
  7. That is closer to a £70m package
  8. There are only half a dozen clubs in the world who could possibly pay more than this total package, this is an opportunity of a life time to get shot of someone who 99% of us though was another Mendes stuffing
People are going to see this based on their own views of the club, I am starting to think Hobbs has pulled a master stroke this window. People are seeing it as doom and gloom, but bring in the best part of £150m and saving huge wages completely re-structures the club - in what I believe to be a good way.

I just don't think loosing Nunes, Collins, Coady, Jimenez etc and the others is that big a deal. Neves is the only one that is a big loss, but it was always going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have kept Adama, and Nunes if there was no bid, but I am not bothered about the rest.

If we have cleared £120m and end up with Doyle, the two south Americans, and a striker then I think its been as stella window for Hobbs -not without its risk of course, but unless you spend hundreds of millions you are never sure of success - look at Chelsea last year

Lets see what happen when the window closes, but I think this is going to be better than we could have hoped. I know everyone is not going to see it that way, but I am feeling hopeful.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nunes. We essentially loaned him for a year and got paid for it,

May well go on to be a world beater under Pep but for me he can count himself unbelievably lucky to have got this move.

Used to worry about a match if Neves/Jota/Raul/Mouts missing from line up. Never once felt that re Nunes.

Petulant, over-hyped wannabe.

Has talent but not the class or work ethic to match.

Never a wolf, great deal for us for a 6.5 out of 10 on average player.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tat tar wing nut .
Cant wait for the old Wolves classic " wait til Nunes comes to Molineux " ........boy will get pelters . Good player but totally lacking in class off the field unlike magnificent Neves who gave everything always and was a model professional .
Neves legend
Nunes b ell end

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forums, like this , are funny things. One person writes one thing, the next person writes the exact opposite. And the strange thing is , barring 1 or 2 posts in a thread of over 2.7k most are not really worth reading and at the end of the day who gives a **** what another poster really thinks anyway! For what it's worth I'm just glad the little **** has ****ed off, I'm glad we've got some time (and money) to get some deals done and I have a feeling he'll not make a go of it at City. Time to move on.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Going by Percy he said €55m for the initial outlay then towards £60m after addons.
There are no add ons though as I understand it (granted they'll never publish it). The point I think is that the way we should look at it is....

£47m in cash
It's upfront, so we can spend (lol) rather than taking out loans to future payments (Jota style) which would cost us £6m of that.
We can buy Doyle for £5m when he's valued at maybe £10-15 so up to £10m bonus there.
Then there's Santiago Bueno who seems to be a bit of wheel oiling for €8m when he's (possibly) worth double that.

So potentially the deal is worth £70m if we got really lucky, but probably £60m is about right.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I look at this I think its an excellent deal;
  1. £47m in cash up front is really significant, the interest gained compared to a instalment plan is huge as is the cash flow
  2. Getting Doyle for just £5m is excellent. Scott went for £25m and MGW went for £35m after similar seasons in the chump
  3. Doyle may not be as flashy as those two, but his numbers are impressive.
    1. He play 21 games to Scott's 40 scored three times the goals and got the same assists
    2. He gave the ball away half as often as Scott
    3. Had half the yellow cards.
    4. Had more Shots per game and more key passes
  4. Doyle without the Nunes deal would be £15m easy, we are not buying prime Neves, but he is going to better than Hodge (who can go out on loan when fit)
  5. The deal for the defender from a City group club must have been agreed, £8m instead of his £20m release clause
  6. This package = £47m upfront + £10m Doyle discount + £12m Defender Discount + Interest save on instalments (£6m mentioned)
  7. That is closer to a £70m package
  8. There are only half a dozen clubs in the world who could possibly pay more than this total package, this is an opportunity of a life time to get shot of someone who 99% of us though was another Mendes stuffing
People are going to see this based on their own views of the club, I am starting to think Hobbs has pulled a master stroke this window. People are seeing it as doom and gloom, but bring in the best part of £150m and saving huge wages completely re-structures the club - in what I believe to be a good way.

I just don't think loosing Nunes, Collins, Coady, Jimenez etc and the others is that big a deal. Neves is the only one that is a big loss, but it was always going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have kept Adama, and Nunes if there was no bid, but I am not bothered about the rest.

If we have cleared £120m and end up with Doyle, the two south Americans, and a striker then I think its been as stella window for Hobbs -not without its risk of course, but unless you spend hundreds of millions you are never sure of success - look at Chelsea last year

Lets see what happen when the window closes, but I think this is going to be better than we could have hoped. I know everyone is not going to see it that way, but I am feeling hopeful.
Great post sums it all up perfectly
Of course we will never know the actual details but thats my take on it all aswell

Back
Top Bottom