Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gathering a bit of pace and webspace as we know so I’ve put into a separate thread as it may well have legs.

So what’s our number then Wolves fans. What do you think we’d accept and what do you think we’d spend.

Personally I think anything North of £65 million and we’ll cave. I would hope that we will have a player coming on loan in the other direction as part of any deal. McAtee or Kalvin Phillips.

Hopefully this also allows us to sign Elvedi and one or two others. No chance the whole amount is reinvested.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
60m and he’s gone, and less than10m of that will be spent. Shi with another letter after the window closes to explain how we did all our buying in January, we have a talented squad, and we may have a little more flexibility next summer.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gathering a bit of pace and webspace as we know so I’ve put into a separate thread as it may well have legs.

So what’s our number then Wolves fans. What do you think we’d accept and what do you think we’d spend.

Personally I think anything North of £65 million and we’ll cave. I would hope that we will have a player coming on loan in the other direction as part of any deal. McAtee or Kalvin Phillips.

Hopefully this also allows us to sign Elvedi and one or two others. No chance the whole amount is reinvested.
£50m and Cole Palmer for me as long as the whole fee is reinvested with new players coming in.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll never be a club to turn this money down regardless of the issues off the field.

Hell be gone. Can't blame either club or player for a move like that.

Fingers crossed for 70m plus. Plus 1-3 additions.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
This has obviously been going on behind the scenes for a few days so all the messaging coming out of the E&S about no plans to sell any key players unless it was for stupid money over the last 48 hours was part of a communication plan to soften the fan base up for this news

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have someone lined up and deal ready to go as a replacement and the offer is good then reluctantly say we should probably sell, selling with no one else or a sub standard replacement would be a disaster

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have someone lined up and deal ready to go as a replacement and the offer is good then reluctantly say we should probably sell, selling with no one else or a sub standard replacement would be a disaster
Can’t disagree but the last 6 weeks of activity at Wolves give me “0” confidence there is any planning whatsoever

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With less than 8 days until the end of the window?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is fast turning into a nightmare. You couldn’t have possibly scripted a worse summer than this.

Feel completely despondent with all things Wolves already. Sell Nunes then that kit about tips me over the edge.

It’s a lose lose. Sell him for £80m and Fosun pocket the lot, or sell him for £80m and give it to GON knowing it could have kept Lopetegui.

Fed up.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said on the other thread I don't think he's got the bottle for the fight ahead. If it's around £60 mil I'd sell. I think he would do well at City tbh. If it means we then can bring in 3 players (?) + pay down some debts to ease the financial problems it's a no brainer. This season would then be all about staying up (in fact it may be so with or without Nunes tbh) and the focus would be on such players as Kilman, Lemina, Gomes , Cunha and then Silva to score the goals. IF, big IF, we get some new players in, reduced debt then I could live with it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is fast turning into a nightmare. You couldn’t have possibly scripted a worse summer than this.

Feel completely despondent with all things Wolves already. Sell Nunes then that kit about tips me over the edge.

It’s a lose lose. Sell him for £80m and Fosun pocket the lot, or sell him for £80m and give it to GON knowing it could have kept Lopetegui.

Fed up.
Ditto

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Not buying the fight in them..it's down to who's leading them..they obviously don't trust O Neill also think fosun saying sell, not interested.. who does this to a club? We don't need to sell and I guess we'll see more before next week..every week gets worse

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said on the other thread I don't think he's got the bottle for the fight ahead. If it's around £60 mil I'd sell. I think he would do well at City tbh. If it means we then can bring in 3 players (?) + pay down some debts to ease the financial problems it's a no brainer. This season would then be all about staying up (in fact it may be so with or without Nunes tbh) and the focus would be on such players as Kilman, Lemina, Gomes , Cunha and then Silva to score the goals. IF, big IF, we get some new players in, reduced debt then I could live with it.

We’ve already reduced the debt. As for getting 3 players in, well we have less than 8 days before the window closes, so good luck with that. This is Fosun balancing the books to maximise their profit when they sell the club. Clear as day.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the money we paid for him he hasn't done enough for us consistently, He will suit City much more though i'm sure.

The recruitment team should of expected Nunes to go this window or next so they should have suitable incomings lined up.

Do Sporting have a sell on cause?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the price is right we will obviously sell.

if (and that is a damn big if), we reinvest most of that in a few good players it might do us some good.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the money we paid for him he hasn't done enough for us consistently, He will suit City much more though i'm sure.

The recruitment team should of expected Nunes to go this window or next so they should have suitable incomings lined up.

10% I believe.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We did, he was called Alex Scott, and we decided we couldn’t afford him.

Yes, apparently 10%.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reality you cannot blame any player going to Man City.

But I have no expectation Wolves will do anything meaningful with the money.

Back in Jan, Hobbs was seen saying 'the project is back on'. For some reason we have now completely gone in another direction.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
60mil and he goes, goes someway to giving Fosun the profit they so desire. Who cares, sigh.

Back
Top Bottom