Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You still need to mind how you post about people please.
I did say I went overboard in a later post, but there was no point in editing it since it was quoted a few times. Definitely smart to think for 30 seconds before you hit post sometimes, haha.

However, I hope this also applies to some of the people who have had "nice" things to say about me as well. :)

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure they said "sign with us, sign for 5 years, and if a bigger team comes for no real profit, we will sell you anyway!"
From Percy himself, the clause to sell him to Liverpool existed and we removed it in January:

“Liverpool are also keen admirers of Nunes, with Telegraph Sport reporting last season that Wolves removed a clause enabling the Merseyside club to buy him in January this year.”

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Percy himself, the clause to sell him to Liverpool existed and we removed it in January:

“Liverpool are also keen admirers of Nunes, with Telegraph Sport reporting last season that Wolves removed a clause enabling the Merseyside club to buy him in January this year.”

I'm sure there was a fee to remove it. I highly doubt we could just "remove it" without compensation. Which would have been agreed in the initial contract. No one would sign a contract where the other party can just change stuff at their will. Not to mention, it doesn't even seem like Liverpool are interested.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I did say I went overboard in a later post, but there was no point in editing it since it was quoted a few times. Definitely smart to think for 30 seconds before you hit post sometimes, haha.

However, I hope this also applies to some of the people who have had "nice" things to say about me as well. :)
If you’ve been referred to as trash, report it and I will deal with it.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been on strike since he got here in my eyes
100%. I think he was off the first day he got here with the Liverpool speculation. Seemed to go through the motions most games playing within himself, occasionally turning it on when he felt like it. This was the outcome I feared if he didnt get this move.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine him a months wages, that will teach him

Like you say not exactly trying his best since he got here you can just tell he’s scared to get injured good player but not suited to a 2 man midfield
In what was a record-breaking case in 2011, ex-Manchester City striker, Carlos Tevez, was fined in the region of £1.5 million by the Sky Blues after going AWOL from the Premier League outfit in order to push for a move away.
Irony.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
This saga encapsulates all that is wrong with modern football. Unfortunately it no longer has anything to do with sport.
Personally, I am fast losing interest.
I have been to three non league games this season and not only been surprised at the standard of football but also enjoyed the whole experience

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This saga encapsulates all that is wrong with modern football. Unfortunately it no longer has anything to do with sport.
I have been to three non league games this season and not only been surprised at the standard of football but also enjoyed the whole experience
Be patient for if Fosun continue in their direction you could be watching it with us. :eek:

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure they said "sign with us, sign for 5 years, and if a bigger team comes for no real profit, we will sell you anyway!"

I'm not accepting anything other than that it's a scummy move to stop training. He's hurting his teammates.. and that's garbage. End of story.
I don’t agree with any player downing tools, but if the widely reported release clause for barely any profit was in the original contract, I do wonder how this was removed without any promises?
I can well remember the club’s character assassination on Benik Adobe being a bad influence in the dressing room so justifying his sale despite Jonzy telling us the players felt differently with his contact. Amazing that we re-signed the same player less than two years later. There are others too.
Any sale at a lower figure than expected is much more easily justified if the player is reported as some kind of Judas or bad influence.

Milijas

Reaction score
Good riddance an absolute nothing player. Doesn't score, doesn't assist, does the occasional good dribble, a poor man's adama with even less goals.

How can he be worth £60m and Madison is £40m. Maddison has like 40 premier goals yes he been here longer but Nunes could spend the rest of his career in a better city squad and still wont get that number.

I'd have taken £40m to be fair, no one would be as disappointed about this as losing Neves.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good riddance an absolute nothing player. Doesn't score, doesn't assist, does the occasional good dribble, a poor man's adama with even less goals.

How can he be worth £60m and Madison is £40m. Maddison has like 40 premier goals yes he been here longer but Nunes could spend the rest of his career in a better city squad and still wont get that number.

I'd have taken £40m to be fair, no one would be as disappointed about this as losing Neves.
12 month contract for Madison. 4 years for Nunes.

Reaction score
I'm just saying that there will be more to it, you know a bit of nuance. I'm not saying this part of it is not true. But if you want to just jump on this and hate him regardless, knock yourself out. A fair few seem to have made that decision already
Never liked him, I always got the feeling that he thought he was doing us a favour by being here so if he moves on I’m not going to be crying many tears over him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see the point of going on strike to force the move!! The situation we’re in was hardly going to see us not accept the bid ultimately anyway!!
Another Henri Camara get rid of him

Used us as a stepping stone

Could of at least been grateful for the opportunity.

Going on strike to force the move. Thinking he is bigger than the club. Goodbye Nunes bad luck to you

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Non league is fun, I go Victoria Road on regular. Can even get a bombay bad boy pot noodle for dinner.

Some non leagues have amazing food though. More obvious one is a place like Dulwich who get one hell of a crowd but food is mega.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
I don’t see the point of going on strike to force the move!! The situation we’re in was hardly going to see us not accept the bid ultimately anyway!!
Not sure we have to accept the bid, especially not the first two. He's under contract for four more years and City have unlimited money, it's not like it's early in the window either!

Going on strike forces our hand a little more, as does Fabrizio bringing it up on Twitter every hour. I'm thinking Nunes has both his agent and City in his ear saying that this is how the situation has to be played out in order for him to get the move he wants.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we have to accept the bid, especially not the first two. He's under contract for four more years and City have unlimited money, it's not like it's early in the window either!

Going on strike forces our hand a little more, as does Fabrizio bringing it up on Twitter every hour. I'm thinking Nunes has both his agent and City in his ear saying that this is how the situation has to be played out in order for him to get the move he wants.
No of course we don’t have to accept the first bid etc but ultimately the club at this time are just trying it get the best offer in but the sale is guaranteed regardless. We’re not in a position to reject cos we want the player to stay, we need the money far far more sadly. He knows this like we do so there’s no need to throw his dummy out, it’s going to happen as we need it to. The rejected offers are probably more based on us wanting a player in return either perm or on loan as to main the number count.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
Non league is fun, I go Victoria Road on regular. Can even get a bombay bad boy pot noodle for dinner.

Some non leagues have amazing food though. More obvious one is a place like Dulwich who get one hell of a crowd but food is mega.
Been to Stourbridge vs Bromsgrove this afternoon. The Glassboys bar is great. Good atmosphere in the ground. Very competitive. Yes, some of the play is a little agricultural but I have seen 10 goals in 3 games. Anyway, if this is true, Wolves need to fine Nunes appropriately

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another Henri Camara get rid of him

Used us as a stepping stone

Could of at least been grateful for the opportunity.

Going on strike to force the move. Thinking he is bigger than the club. Goodbye Nunes bad luck to you
He just didn’t need to go on strike to force anything, out situation was always going to end with this going through, we’re just negotiating how it happens not if

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As one or two others suggested earlier in the thread I'm now beginning to think that his sending off last week was somewhat premeditated
A mate of mine strongly believes that, particularly when he had a go twice knowing he’d already been booked

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There’s no real benefit it that FFP wise apparently. I did read an article on it and based on the balance sheet there’s some deals that just don’t affect it in the manner we need it to to comply. He was one.
Strange, I thought they were bought at a similar time and for comparable money. Ironically we are struggling to keep Nunes but don't seem to be able to give away Guedes?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City must be getting desperate. Not only have they got Nunes to down tools, but they’ve apparently offered McAtee to sweeten the deal. Maybe the latter was prompted by our reported interest in Bellegarde.

R

reanswolf

Why do t we just try and take a few City players on loan as part of the deal, to try and get us through the season.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City must be getting desperate. Not only have they got Nunes to down tools, but they’ve apparently offered McAtee to sweeten the deal. Maybe the latter was prompted by our reported interest in Bellegarde.
Sadly, I think we need the money more than they need Nunes. I am not even certain they have offered McAtee. They will have no problem loaning him out again. City hold all the cards in this deal.

Back
Top Bottom