Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally understand him wanting to move to Man City when there's concrete interest, he'd be mad not to. But what a shame he's decided not to train to try and force a move. If somehow he doesn't end up going this window, it's going to be grim for a few weeks isn't it.

But anyway, it shouldn't mean we just settle, we should hold out for whatever we apparently see him worth.

If there's other players involved we should be after Palmer and Harwood-Bellis, not McAtee, but I guess they'll convince Hobbs we're getting a worthwhile deal.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This saga encapsulates all that is wrong with modern football. Unfortunately it no longer has anything to do with sport.
Personally, I am fast losing interest.
I have been to three non league games this season and not only been surprised at the standard of football but also enjoyed the whole experience
I wonder did Nunes kiss the badge after his goal v Chelsea? I bet he did. A load of old *******s this loyalty stuff. I noticed Gordon, after his goal v Liverpool, run to the supporters and made a big thing of kissing the badge. **** me, he was kissing the Everton badge a season ago. Loyalty my ****.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder did Nunes kiss the badge after his goal v Chelsea? I bet he did. A load of old *******s this loyalty stuff. I noticed Gordon, after his goal v Liverpool, run to the supporters and made a big thing of kissing the badge. **** me, he was kissing the Everton badge a season ago. Loyalty my ****.
he just ****ing hates liverpool!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's interesting to me is it's not in Mendes MO to have his players put in transfer requests and force moves. This certainly seems to be Nunes doing. Disappointing, but at the same time, I can appreciate him wanting to play for the best club side in Europe.

That being said, if they don't pay what he's worth in this current market, we should not let him go. He should be blaming Pep and Man City for trying to bend us over backwards rather than paying even close to what they offered for Paqueta a week ago. They are the ones holding this deal up, not Wolves.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
quote from city fan on their forum......................

Sly Sports News reporting he has gone on strike.

What an idiot.

That's one way not to get a move. Wolves will clamp down on him, fine him, and probably tell him he isn't going anywhere as he has a 4 year contract remaining. If Wolves do sell him they will increase his transfer fee, meaning City will have to meet it or will have to walk away. Regardless of how it plays out there will only be one winner and it will be Wolves.

One more thing. We're just getting rid of one bad smell in the dressing room to Barcelona. Do we want to replace him with another bad smell? His actions won't impress Pep and City.

floydstreet

Reaction score
So weird

I get he wants to go that’s fine
Players have a choice. You can be a Kane, Neves or Rice and be clear what you want but act with integrity and respect
Or join the list of sec indulgent badly advised rats

Matteus you can leave, WHEN a satisfactory bid comes in, sorry if that doesn’t fit in with you or Peps tapping up, but that’s it. Maybe we’ll see how highly they really rate you and how much they really want you now ?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly, I think we need the money more than they need Nunes. I am not even certain they have offered McAtee. They will have no problem loaning him out again. City hold all the cards in this deal.
Think you're right tbh. All this on here earlier about fining him, forcing him to stay, blah, blah, blah. This deal was always going to go through for whatever price. Pep likes him and him striking just stirs everything up unnecessarily. Total **** show.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This saga encapsulates all that is wrong with modern football. Unfortunately it no longer has anything to do with sport.
Personally, I am fast losing interest.
I have been to three non league games this season and not only been surprised at the standard of football but also enjoyed the whole experience
Same here, i went to the Hednesford v Chasetown game today. What a refreshing experience two committed and enthusiastic teams going for it. And no nonsense from players cheating and the usual stuff you see at premiere league level. A good crowd turn out and good atmosphere. There's alot to like at none league level.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been to Stourbridge vs Bromsgrove this afternoon. The Glassboys bar is great. Good atmosphere in the ground. Very competitive. Yes, some of the play is a little agricultural but I have seen 10 goals in 3 games. Anyway, if this is true, Wolves need to fine Nunes appropriately
1500 at Hednesford today in like about level 7

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't we set a precedent with Guedes? Sulk and look as if you don't care very much, we'll ignore your contract and let you play where you prefer, even at a loss to the club.
Same with coady and adama…… two other transfer dealings that shot the club in the foot and cost us money…..

As a selling club we rarely seem to get it right

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Personally, I think that's really poor if true. £60m inclusive of add ons is a crap deal when you consider what other midfielders are being sold for and the fact that Nunes has 4 years on his deal. I really don't like how FOSUN operate.
You're comparing him to the likes of Caicedo and Rice presumably?

They've both been sold for over £100m after outstanding seasons last time out.

That's not Nunes. City are paying for potential in much the same way as Newcastle are with Livramento. Both are unproven but with very high ceilings.

I originally wanted to compare the Lavia's move to Chelsea, it's similar to Livramento and Nunes but it's to Chelsea, so the price is massively inflated.

City don't often pay the fees that Chelsea are making a habit of. It's totally different circumstances.

If not for a much improved final quarter to last season we'd have been lucky to get our money back on Nunes...

I find this inflated opinion of Nunes by our supporters to be quite weird. He's clearly a very talented player but we've shoehorned him in to the starting XI and he doesn't have the personnel around him in order for us to remove the shackles.

A sale at this point, as long as it enables incomings in vital areas, is the smart thing to do.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we have Palmer as well plus £60million?

Nah, they're going to give us a player not one club has tried to sign on loan or permanently instead and convince us he's up to it. Had a good year stats-wise in the Championship last season but he's a way off being PL-ready, hence why they're happy to throw him in. They want £35m for Palmer which is too much but shows they actually value him.

One for the future perhaps but given our state we need players that are ready to replace Nunes now.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone else think it's possible Jeff told Nunes we'd accepted an offer and sent Nunes off to City

Then denied it, called him out for going without permission and then fined him just to claw back 100k for Fosun

He'll be in Guo's goodbooks for sure!!

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
With Nunes’ dispicable behaviour, does any decent club want to employ such an unprofessional character? I have lost total respect for him. We should grab the money before City change their minds. He needs to go if the rumours are true. If he stays his value will go south as his character is badly tarnished.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Non league is fun, I go Victoria Road on regular. Can even get a bombay bad boy pot noodle for dinner.

Some non leagues have amazing food though. More obvious one is a place like Dulwich who get one hell of a crowd but food is mega.
Is non league food worthy of its own thread? Please say yes.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Been told city are likely to get to where we want but will be very late in the window

Hobbs currently run round sorting out options targets etc

List for nunes sales list if we keep him

But likely city will push over the levels we require by Wednesday
Doesn't fill me with confidence.
24 hours with a wad of cash to get some value signings if he goes. How long is the list of targets if he doesn't?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been told city are likely to get to where we want but will be very late in the window

It's clear he's going (for whatever price) , it's more now about when. Hobbs can leave the Nunes stuff to an underling and get on with acquiring the decent additions to the squad we need by end of the window. Be bloody glad when this whole unsavoury saga is over.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs has got the list of targets with scouts , targets if nunes stays and targets if he doesn't

Funds no idea

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score

I do hope we'll sort out targets ready to sign immediately after nunes goes if he does. Discussions should be already ongoing to achieve agreement with such targets if we're to sell nunes so late. As much as I love nunes as a player, if selling him allows us to get several additions in then I don't mind it. If we're going to sell him just to bring in only 2 more signings or so like elvedi + 1 then I feel it's not really worth

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do hope we'll sort out targets ready to sign immediately after nunes goes if he does. Discussions should be already ongoing to achieve agreement with such targets if we're to sell nunes so late. As much as I love nunes as a player, if selling him allows us to get several additions in then I don't mind it. If we're going to sell him just to bring in only 2 more signings or so like elvedi + 1 then I feel it's not really worth
Elvedi doesn't like it will happen at the moment.
CMs being looked at a CB maybe and a wide forward also looked into

I'll be interested to see if we broke Doyle or mcatee into this deal

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score

Surely we've got to sign a backup cb we can't risk any of our cb's being injured then having to rely on 2 senior cbs for rest of season. If nunes goes then midfielder obviously is a must to replace him but it's got to be an attacking, ball-carrying midfielder not someone like doyle otherwise we've not really replaced nunes. With hwang out and podence likely to go, another winger is a must, I'd dare say even 2 but that's too much to ask for I think

We know what we need and we may even have the funds to get those positions filled if nunes goes but I just struggle to see the club getting it done. Even with the funds, we've left it so damn late I fear it'll be a replica of when we tried signing botman and renato sanches on deadline day and got neither

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

CB maybe?

Back
Top Bottom