Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have their right, for sure, but the player also has his rights to not be forced to stay where he doesn't wish to be.

At the end of the day this is still employment.
Well hopefully if he's not transferred, they just suspend him without pay for 4 years.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Wolves have their right, for sure, but the player also has his rights to not be forced to stay where he doesn't wish to be.

At the end of the day this is still employment.
'forced to stay'...?? So what is the point of a 4 year contract? It guarantees him his job and wages. He didn't HAVE to sign it. He wanted the security of a 4 year contract ... and so did the club. Takes two to tango.

Whoever has advised him to do this is a numpty. Unless it is Citeh themselves who have suggested it, I cannot see Pep being anything other than hugely underwhelmed by a player showing this degree of commitment to his club and his team-mates.

Wouldn't surprise me if Citeh withdraw the offer and walk away.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sad reality these days, they are, see our continue ticket price rises as an example.
The whole idea of professional football always was that it was run as a business. Nothing has changed, just the numbers are bigger.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahhhh so disappointing that Nunes is doing this. I mean, what’s the point in leaving under such a cloud. Just be professional and let the two clubs sort things between them.
I hate to say this but this is just part of being a premier league club in the 21st century and having talented players.

Reactions: Ned

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Stopping training could also mean 'I'm as good as signed now, i don't want the deal to fall through by picking up a knock and spoil things for both parties'.

Not sure if it compares to Hennessey's no show tbh
Let us hope it is as simple as this - in which case it is presumably sanctioned by the club (who also don't want the deal to fall through??). If the club apply disciplinary measures I think we can assume they did NOT sanction.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Similar to Guedes I never really thought his heart was in it - just a stepping stone to greater things. I guess might have stayed on if we weren't in such a mess and in another season focused on survival. Part of me can't blame him for wanting out, especially to City, but then compare his attitude to someone like Neves - poles apart. Let's get rid now and try to use whatever money to strengthen the squad with players who want to be here, even when we're in the ****.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were a shambles of a club and now this just makes everything worse. If this drags on we have open disharmony in the dressing room and with the window closing less and less time to bring in new recruits (that is if any players following this would want to come here?) What a ****ing load of crap.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well hopefully if he's not transferred, they just suspend him without pay for 4 years.
Alternatively he, his agent, or someone else, pays up the full value of his contract. He's not a slave he has a choice. The transfer fee is a consideration in respect of termination of the contract and registration of the player. He or City need to pay up or shut up.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£60m is still too low. If it was the start of the window then sure. But right now I want £80m with how the midfielder market looks. CPFC want £120m for Eze who's Nunes alternative.... It's not like they're going to refuse to pay £80m for Nunes and then go out and pay the £120m for Eze. They're just waiting for us to blink because they know Fosun want the money.

Nunes hasn't had the impact yet to demand a fee in the £80m+ bracket imo. Maybe if we took a gamble and held on for another 12 months he might, but we have to accept he had a mid-year at best last season, even if he improved near the end of it. A big part of that is how much the team in general struggled but when you compare him to Eze / Caicedo etc they were on another level performance wise.

Neves was the player we really should have got that £80m bid for but, for whatever reason, while teams like Man Utd / Barca flirted with the idea for years, nothing ever happened.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, I do apologize for getting heated. But I'm sick of people treating Wolves like trash. People who actually get to be at there. It frustrates me because I would to step into Molineux just once.

I don't mind being a stepping stone for bigger teams. Obviously I know that's going to happen. But I extremely dislike people who show zero integrity.

If it comes out this is bull**** and he's still training with the team. I will gladly eat my words and be disappointed with myself for jumping to conclusions.
I’m with you Hawkguy maybe not in the strong name calling but I have zero time for people with no integrity. Whether that be footballers to politicians to anyone in fact.

Wombat

Groupie
Reaction score
Like many other players, Nunes sees Wolves as a way into the prem and onto a decent club. Jota is a great example; he was an okay player at Wolves and very good at Liverpool.
So-called financial fair play is quite the opposite. It is time to break the power of the top 6 or 8 teams and level up the division. Other elite leagues worldwide do this with reverse drafts and spending caps decreasing from the lowest upwards, for example.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then he becomes a shining example of why you shouldn't go to wolves.
This was always going to happen. People don't like it, but it's just part of modern football. It is probably what the guys with links to Man City meant when they were confident of pushing through a deal.
Personally I'd give him the week off so he can't play that hand.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes hasn't had the impact yet to demand a fee in the £80m+ bracket imo. Maybe if we took a gamble and held on for another 12 months he might, but we have to accept he had a mid-year at best last season, even if he improved near the end of it. A big part of that is how much the team in general struggled but when you compare him to Eze / Caicedo etc they were on another level performance wise.

Neves was the player we really should have got that £80m bid for but, for whatever reason, while teams like Man Utd / Barca flirted with the idea for years, nothing ever happened.
It's not about how much he is worth, it is about the timing more than anything. We can't expect anything except desperate replacements.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We removed the release clause in his contract in January, generally under the understanding that if a CL club come into him that we wouldn't stand into his way. CL champions have and in his eyes, we are standing in his way, granted the market has changed, as evident enough that if you go back to the end of last season selling him for such a price would be considered a good deal.

All this has to be in the context that he joined Wolves as a stepping stone as was made clear when he signed. I don't doubt this was the vision that was sold to him.

I can't really get on board with criticism for him and his actions
Footballers of his standing have advisors who are supposed to act in his best interest. If he was badly advised he should look to them.
The way that Jlo and Nunes have behaved shows no respect for the paying fans even if they feel let down by the club's owners.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The thing is though, we had very little leverage here, even before this leaked out.

We’ve already bought in more than £80m from sales this Summer yet are still relying on another club-record sale before we can even look at completing a £8m deal for a fairly decent centre-back that we have been chasing all Summer and desperately need.

The club want/need this sale as much, if not more than Nunes. As much as I would personally rather Nunes stay than us just bring in 2-3 squad players that pad out numbers but don’t strengthen the starting XI, it’s in everyone’s interest that cooler heads prevail and get this deal sorted.

Then it’s over to the club to get players of the required quality in. If we don’t, we’ll be very close to going down.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m with you Hawkguy maybe not in the strong name calling but I have zero time for people with no integrity. Whether that be footballers to politicians to anyone in fact.
Yeah, I was bit over the top, but I angry. I just hate that kind of behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom