Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle United Takeover

Lycaon

Reaction score
I've got to say I would love it if Spurs took Newcastle apart next weekend. I am getting sick and tired of all this crap on them now. If you think we have entitled fans then think again. Take a look at Newcastle fans!
I don’t think Spurs will be the only team to take them apart tbh?
The facts are they are taking on a potentially relegated team as it currently stands and the chances of recruiting top class players at this time are extremely slim considering teams don’t generally sell their best players in January.
But it will be interesting to see if deals haven’t been done already over the last few months to address this situation?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Spurs will be the only team to take them apart tbh?
The facts are they are taking on a potentially relegated team as it currently stands and the chances of recruiting top class players at this time are extremely slim considering teams don’t generally sell their best players in January.
But it will be interesting to see if deals haven’t been done already over the last few months to address this situation?

Wouldnt be shocked if they went for Lingard and Coutinho in January.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please God! I wanna see Newcastle 0 Spurs 5. I think that Amanda Whatsername has been talking total crap, Sounds like she knows about as much about football as.... Jeff Shi?
I hardly think that she will be taking training sessions but she certainly knows her way in the financial world.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conspiracy theory isn't a political view.

Thank you for your wisdom "Dr" JohnMatrix. I can see that there is no end to your abilities as you are not content to merely issue a free unsolicited medical diagnosis on the status of my mental health but you also have made yourself Molineux Mix's leading self appointed arbiter of what constitutes legitimate opinion and what is in fact a conspiracy theory. Molineux Mix is truely blessed to have recruited such an esteemed member. Emphasis on member.

sswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I've got to say I would love it if Spurs took Newcastle apart next weekend. I am getting sick and tired of all this crap on them now. If you think we have entitled fans then think again. Take a look at Newcastle fans!
I’m guessing just like other fans were sick and tired hearing about when fosun took over wolves, and the wolves fan claiming who they were going to sign including the likes of Ronaldo

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please God! I wanna see Newcastle 0 Spurs 5. I think that Amanda Whatsername has been talking total crap, Sounds like she knows about as much about football as.... Jeff Shi?
I think that's unlikely to happen, although it would please me. I don't envy Nuno the job of trying to motivate the players at his disposal.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I’m guessing just like other fans were sick and tired hearing about when fosun took over wolves, and the wolves fan claiming who they were going to sign including the likes of Ronaldo
I must have missed sky following partying wolves fans everywhere for days
We were in the championship it barely got a mention not really comparable at all

Last edited:

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
It is going to be interesting to see how this all pans out. One thing is for sure Newcastle will now be another team that will be pushing up the league . So us not improving the squad is going to bite us soon .

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Murder Inc is now a Premier League club. Murderers are welcome if they’re rich enough.

The Premier League only believe in money. That’s all that matters to them!

Football is rotten with it, rotten to the core
Abrhamovic has been in the prem for years, look into how his counter parts have untimely ends

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite funny seeing all of Brucey's mates in the media desperately trying to keep him in a job. Guarantee if the Newcastle manager was less media friendly like a Nuno then none of these so called experts would be crowing so loudly.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We are all part of the same hyprocisy" (michael corleone.)
No club is totally clean. All that matters is success on the pitch. If the saudis wanted to invest in wolves and would go large on transfers and build a spurs like stadium then i would welcome them with open arms. I am not going to look at ethics. I want success and to be the best and biggest football club.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As someone who isn't fussed either way about the takeover I have enjoyed some of the opinions expressed by journalists, columnists and fans over the last few days.

Mr. Stanley Victor Collymore was a personal highlight over the weekend. He was very much against the takeover last year because of the murder of Khashoggi. As Collymore is now a media personality and contributes to a weekly newspaper I would expect he felt some kinship with Khashoggi. Since then though Collymore has found out PIF is invested in Uber, and he likes using Uber. So now he is in favour of the takeover because he doesn't want to be a hypocrite. He could always use a local taxi service, but at least this way he isn't a hypocrite. He quit his job at Talksport because News Corp purchased them and he couldn't morally work for them due to his links to Liverpool. Uber was just too much to give up.

It has been an entertaining few days. I expect some more interesting opinions in the months and years to come.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do their fans think they have the club back? Crazy to think any owner cares about the fans.
I’m struggling to understand why the vocal ones on Twitter and other online football sites think that it’s just jealousy on behalf of other fans and that most are sympathetic of their ‘need’ to get rid of Ashley.

Sportswashing is apparently fine, because they ‘qualified for the CL 3 years out of 10 before Ashley’. The entire landscape of football has changed dramatically over the last 15 years.

At least this one was relatively balanced in comparison

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant wait Untill it all goes wrong for them. If they think that they can throw money about left right and centre then they will be in for a shock i feel.
Trying, and possibly succeeding, to get around ffp is one thing, but of the established big clubs decide to say no and make sure ffp is enforced, which would be somewhat laughable, then there won't be much they can do apart from play the long game, which will likely lead their new owners to pull the plug ig success isn't achieved quickly.
I give it 2 to 3 years.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know when their open top bus tour is? I assume they have won something given how they are celebrating.

Lycaon

Reaction score
One thing I’m not sure of is this notion they can spend 200 mil in January?

How much will they be able to, or allowed to spend next summer?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We are all part of the same hyprocisy" (michael corleone.)
No club is totally clean. All that matters is success on the pitch. If the saudis wanted to invest in wolves and would go large on transfers and build a spurs like stadium then i would welcome them with open arms. I am not going to look at ethics. I want success and to be the best and biggest football club.
I’d hate to see Wolves, regardless of any success, involved with such evil people who flagrantly abuse human rights.
Its a non starter for me but to each his own.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d hate to see Wolves, regardless of any success, involved with such evil people who flagrantly abuse human rights.
Its a non starter for me but to each his own.
It is all double standards though VW. You can pick any number of countries where there is corruption or abuse of human rights, Saudi, UAE (all 7 of them), Russia, China, several more. How can people just criticise the Saudis when many others who may not be quite so bad still have issues of that kind? You can't be selective IMV when so many have poor human rights or corruption issues.
Apologies to the mods, I realise I have gone a little off topic.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is all double standards though VW. You can pick any number of countries where there is corruption or abuse of human rights, Saudi, UAE (all 7 of them), Russia, China, several more. How can people just criticise the Saudis when many others who may not be quite so bad still have issues of that kind? You can't be selective IMV when so many have poor human rights or corruption issues.
Apologies to the mods, I realise I have gone a little off topic.
It’s on topic as Newcastle fans have to choose their level of support.
For me, it’s about my association or proximity to a bad person, persons or company. Yes there’s lots of bad people and countries but little I can do about them. But I won’t do business or socialize with them or their agents.
But it doesn’t matter….it’s a done deal for Newcastle now.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How much will they be able to, or allowed to spend next summer?
From what I’ve read they can spend that now without breaking FFP I’d guess they’d have to increase revenues to spend any more

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But who exactly is going to want to go there in January? By January it'll be clear that their dog's dinner of a squad is Bottom 6 material, Bruce or no Bruce. Other than total mercenaries who 'fight' for the highest bidder, which players worth their salt will want to take the risk on Newcastle in January?

And Newcastle is still in Geordieland last time I looked, miles from anywhere remotely chic or 'happening'. AND it's cold, damp and dark in January.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m struggling to understand why the vocal ones on Twitter and other online football sites think that it’s just jealousy on behalf of other fans and that most are sympathetic of their ‘need’ to get rid of Ashley.

Sportswashing is apparently fine, because they ‘qualified for the CL 3 years out of 10 before Ashley’. The entire landscape of football has changed dramatically over the last 15 years.

At least this one was relatively balanced in comparison

There’s some pretty astonishing comments on that post

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But who exactly is going to want to go there in January? By January it'll be clear that their dog's dinner of a squad is Bottom 6 material, Bruce or no Bruce. Other than total mercenaries who 'fight' for the highest bidder, which players worth their salt will want to take the risk on Newcastle in January?

And Newcastle is still in Geordieland last time I looked, miles from anywhere remotely chic or 'happening'. AND it's cold, damp and dark in January.
Probably the same ones who were happy to take the coin from FC Anzhi or the Chinese Super League

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's not damp. They hardly get any rain in the east. And it's one of the prettiest Georgian cities, albeit one surrounded by dumps and not full of trendy restaurants. It's not that attractive to footballers but then neither is Munich really.

Hopefully no one will want to go there though. The league is a bit of a joke now; it was daft when Abramovich came in. Got dafter with the Sheikh at Citeh. Then the Chinese tried to buy a bit of 'soft power' all over the place. Now having middle eastern politics played out in the PL almost tips things over the edge for me. Ridiculous.

If they get Brendan Rodgers in and sign some top half PL players they'll sadly be doing well in their proxy war with UAE.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By the time the January window opens Newcastle could be in a very precarious position... Meaning they won’t attract any big names, unless they want a final pay day..... The likes of Lacazette or Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lingard wow players that never hit their full potential. Not at all worried about how they are going to get on to be honest. They have a real chance of getting relegated especially if their current players down tools knowing they will be binned off come January.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The difference in this case is that the head of the PIF is also the head of the government accused of being utterly awful, rather than just from the same country.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference in this case is that the head of the PIF is also the head of the government accused of being utterly awful, rather than just from the same country.
He also, incidentally, was reportedly personally implicated in the murder of a journalist who had the temerity to criticise him.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know when their open top bus tour is? I assume they have won something given how they are celebrating.
To be fair they have got finally rid of Ashley. I felt exactly the same when we finally got rid of Moxey after 16 years and I can gladly thank Fosun for that. Now OK Moxey didnt own Wolves but I still saw him as the main barrier to our club ever making any progress as I'm sure the Toon fans have seen Ashley as a barrier to progress.

Back
Top Bottom