Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle United Takeover

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, mate, I lived and worked in the area (Arab World) for 10 years, speak the language fluently, and taught it to university students for nearly 40. For a Wiki entry that isn't bad, but the religious politics and inter-communal relations differ from one country to another depending on their history. Yemen is particularly complicated.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, mate, I lived and worked in the area (Arab World) for 10 years, speak the language fluently, and taught it to university students for nearly 40. For a Wiki entry that isn't bad, but the religious politics and inter-communal relations differ from one country to another depending on their history. Yemen is particularly complicated.
Sorry, didn't know your background (though thinking back l believe that you may have mentioned it before) but agreed.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One big difference though. The Saudi takeover is led by a consortium that effectively includes their head of state. I doubt China's president is wondering how to entice Mbappe to Molineux.
I very much doubt whether MBS is interested in enticing him to Newcastle either. Is he even interested in football as a sport?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you could build on the Gallowgate End with Council support (onto road). Agreed for the 4th side unless you bought up the houses…..£320,000,000,000 might help persuade a few to sell.
Sorry if it’s already been answered but as it stands they can’t. Ashley sold the land around the back of the Gallowgate/St James Metro station (“Strawberry Place”).

Now I seem to recall the firm developing it, ran into financial difficulties and I’m not altogether convinced any groundwork has actually started.

They’re in an interesting negotiating position now though - assuming they’re willing to sell the land back/NCL Council would permit a change of use.

More discussion on SkyScraperCity if anyone has any interest NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE - St. James' Park (52,405)

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? It'd surely be worse to be given a ceremonial game knowing that everyone is just waiting to sack you once you've had your special day.

I didn't realise people even really counted the number of games they've been manager for.
Personally I hope he makes it to 1030 games while still in charge of Newcastle…

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Saudi,Qatar and Abu Dhabi owning football clubs who will be next ?

Azerbaijan maybe

We could approach the Norwegian Sovereign wealth fund.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Saudi,Qatar and Abu Dhabi owning football clubs who will be next ?

Azerbaijan maybe

We could approach the Norwegian Sovereign wealth fund.
I reckon the Falkland islands should buy a club in the Argentinian league, then change the club colour ro red, white and blue.
Should be good for a laugh.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The parallels between Arsenal and Tottenham are quite funny.

Arsenal built a new stadium in the hope of competing with the best in Europe. Then Abramovich turned up at Chelsea and started blowing them out of the water financially. Throw in Mansour at City a few years later.

Spurs have just built a new stadium in the hope of at least competing with the other members of the scummy six. Now the Saudi's turn up at Newcastle and could potentially knock Spurs further down the table.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The parallels between Arsenal and Tottenham are quite funny.

Arsenal built a new stadium in the hope of competing with the best in Europe. Then Abramovich turned up at Chelsea and started blowing them out of the water financially. Throw in Mansour at City a few years later.

Spurs have just built a new stadium in the hope of at least competing with the other members of the scummy six. Now the Saudi's turn up at Newcastle and could potentially knock Spurs further down the table.
Yeah, was also the explosion of TV money that made stadium income even for the top clubs by far less relevant

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Can everyone stick to football on this thread please. Some earlier posts were way off topic.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Looking at Newcastle’s fixtures for the rest of this year (prior to the transfer window) they could be in serious trouble, possibly only two winnable games at best unless the “feel good factor” and possible “new manager bounce” kicks in big time?
The thing is most of the current playing staff know that they’re on borrowed time and any high profile manager will be hard to find/convince that this is a good move?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Newcastle’s fixtures for the rest of this year (prior to the transfer window) they could be in serious trouble, possibly only two winnable games at best unless the “feel good factor” and possible “new manager bounce” kicks in big time?
The thing is most of the current playing staff know that they’re on borrowed time and any high profile manager will be hard to find/convince that this is a good move?
They're still fighting to go down. They've got to go to Brentford and get something. I would LOVE it, LOVE it if they go down

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do they not realise that there is still 12 weeks to gew before they can buy anyone.The ony hope they have is if they get the new manager bounce.They have 3 tough games in,Spurs H.Palace. A. Chelsea H.And their last 4 games of the year,they have.Liverpool A.Man city H.Man yanited H.Everton A.
I'm not that bothered about Newcastle or any other team for that matter.BUT..ya car loff at the fans for dreaming about being a top club with the finances they will have.We were thinking the same wen Fosun took us over.Time will tell but at this moment whoever manager joins them,he has to work with the present group.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do their fans think they have the club back? Crazy to think any owner cares about the fans.
There may be a feeling that they bought the fans when they bought the club.
If I was a rich overseas buyer and a king I would think like that.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle is the kind of city that won't put players off signing (unlike, say Hull, if they hit the jackpot) nor is it the kind of place that will be a magnet for world class players (like London, Paris or even overrated Manchester, with their exclusive restaurants and ready-made millionaire-friendly cultures). As the (dimwit) Simon Jordan said, this might drive prices up a bit, as they'll have to overpay to get the best in. For now, because of FFP, their current out of Europe status, and lack of success (a 'big' club they currently are not, by any metric other than attendances since 92), they'll be looking at slightly better than mid-table players for the foreseeable future.

Lycaon

Reaction score
I’m surprised we haven’t adopted some form of head attire!

Attachments

• 6A05AF3E-46CF-46E2-B462-71C1DD261DC8.jpeg
    6A05AF3E-46CF-46E2-B462-71C1DD261DC8.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 6

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle is the kind of city that won't put players off signing (unlike, say Hull, if they hit the jackpot) nor is it the kind of place that will be a magnet for world class players (like London, Paris or even overrated Manchester, with their exclusive restaurants and ready-made millionaire-friendly cultures). As the (dimwit) Simon Jordan said, this might drive prices up a bit, as they'll have to overpay to get the best in. For now, because of FFP, their current out of Europe status, and lack of success (a 'big' club they currently are not, by any metric other than attendances since 92), they'll be looking at slightly better than mid-table players for the foreseeable future.
If Newcastle was to have a clear out any defenders anyone would take?? Lmao

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dimwit- stupid or silly person. Jordan can be called many things but stupid or silly? I find him erudite,informed,interesting etc. My opinion of course.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mike Ashley is apparently interested in Derby County

He could do worse than invest in us

eSports Direct

It would be a whole new set of opportunities for him!

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So who reckons Newcastle will be after some of our players in the next few windows?
I would be less nervous about them taking our players but more nervous about them taking our targets. Boubacar Kamara was linked with them on transfer deadline day like we were. Could imagine the likes of Botman would also be more interested in them than us.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be less nervous about them taking our players but more nervous about them taking our targets. Boubacar Kamara was linked with them on transfer deadline day like we were. Could imagine the likes of Botman would also be more interested in them than us.
This is the problem.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Dimwit- stupid or silly person. Jordan can be called many things but stupid or silly? I find him erudite,informed,interesting etc. My opinion of course.
Jordan can be erudite, informing and interesting, I often like listening to him. However, he can also totally miss the point and talk nonsense. This is the case with his views on football and things outside football too. I remember him, just before we locked down and COVID started spreading, using his platform to say how ridiculous people's overreaction was to a few positive COVID cases in the UK, and that we would soon be able to eradicate these cases and it'll all blow over. He completely didn't get how viruses compound and spread, but he was supremely confident in his views as he always is.

I think it's because he's been very successful in one area he therefore feels confident about views concerning things he doesn't know much about. Like I said, I do like his show though and he can be spot on, but now and again he talks nonsense about football related stuff but refuses to concede to a different (and often more correct) point of view.

Back
Top Bottom