Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto Injury

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s getting harder to be too optimistic about this season isn’t it…

perhaps but saturday's performance showed Bruno could be decent, and the players looked committed and united

plus our fans were sensational, SO loud and strong

i would focus on these things, and hopefully a couple of players coming up. chin up we are wolves

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this unsettling news and the fact Cutrone and Mir dont want to play in The Premiership we need two new central attacking players ASAP. How about looking in northern Europe . We could do with some burley Viking type chaps like at Burnley Leeds and Sheffield .
Rebalancing , our Southern European guys.
Just out of interest, what skill sets would these players bring or is an aesthetics kinda thing for you?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest, what skill sets would these players bring or is an aesthetics kinda thing for you?

The skillset is that they've successfully bulked out, so their sheer girth will occupy two central defenders at the same time.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Reckon it’s probably more related to trying to widen our scouting network.

Portugal has been quite superb for us, but one could argue we’re starting to see diminishing returns there now.

Mosquera looks a great prospect via South America so it’s good to see that avenue being used.

Perhaps trying the Scandinavian market could be a useful option? Denmark in particular looked great at the Euros - maybe we start there!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF true, then we all feel for the lad. Hoping he will come back stronger.

(and please note this is NOT belittling what has possibly happened, just a statement of fact) at least it's occurred during the window and gives the club the chance to adjust transfer and loan plans accordingly.

Hardly much of a silver lining, though.
Pragmatic.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mir and cutrone not playing for us is neither here or there in terms of needing replacements for them as they havent been involved in our team for 2 years so we arent missing anything. Neto will be a huge miss though. Can ait nouri (used in pre season training predominantly as a forward) and podence when he is back fit cover the loss and try and amble through with just traore and trincao. I would rather still focus on central defence and midfield than bring in another average forward for 15m like guedes.
Goals .

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As stated on another thread, this spate of injuries is directly related to us having two seasons in one with no break … a 24 month season! Exhausted players! Unprecedented times leading to unprecedented injury list (for Fosun era)

If you have a squad of exhausted players, you need to refresh it with reinforcements ( like for like... not youth players) and hold onto your assests ( ie; Doc, Jota) ..... didnt happen.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but better planning should have been in place, not just expecting/ hoping our small squad would be ok.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn't.... I was the one who broke the jonny injury.... I did it in on here... Then it ended up on twitter...... Same as twitter got the gold socks being too tight off me... I haven't heard anything about neto.. And my source hasn't as well....

i thought the fan cast broke it must be wrong

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like it, then.

Damn, blast and so on. Really feel for him, seems a great young man (like Jonny).

Putting trust in our medical team to sort it for them both. Bet they're sick of knees.

To be honest I am starting to lose faith in our medical team. The amount of injuries throughout the club in the first team and academy sides is ridiculous. Would love to see how all our injuries compared to other Premier League clubs currently.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I am starting to lose faith in our medical team. The amount of injuries throughout the club in the first team and academy sides is ridiculous. Would love to see how all our injuries compared to other Premier League clubs currently.
Broken knees, head injuries and recurrent ACLs are nothing down to medical teams.

Recurring hammies probably more culpable

Why does someone always need to be at fault for everything in modern life?

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno left the squad in bad shape, even if he was sacked, the fatigue and burnout which they endured was terrible looking back, it’s a wonder Coady has any minutes left in the tank at all, a seventyten year old Moutinho rushed back from every unjury to play mad amounts of games when he’s playing Saiss and Donk in defence and sending MGW out on loan is just daftness, can’t begin to think how some of the younger players like TP must have been feeling with the squad being so threadbare and still not getting a look in

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you have a squad of exhausted players, you need to refresh it with reinforcements ( like for like... not youth players) and hold onto your assests ( ie; Doc, Jota) ..... didnt happen.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but better planning should have been in place, not just expecting/ hoping our small squad would be ok.

Trouble is exactly the same is happening at the moment this season. Our squad is still far too small and we are playing Tottenham on Sunday and then Forest on Tuesday. In all likelihood we will have to field a team of kids at Forest and get knocked out of a cup too early yet again as the squad is threadbare just like it was last season. So far as it stands, lessons have not been learned. Next 2 weeks are massive for Jeff Shi and Sellars. They screw this up and I dont think the fans will forgive.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broken knees, head injuries and recurrent ACLs are nothing down to medical teams.

Recurring hammies probably more culpable

Why does someone always need to be at fault for everything in modern life?

There are far too many players getting injuries and recurring injuries throughout the club for my liking. Wasnt there some suggestion that Shi wasnt happy with the amount of injuries last season. Cant think he will be very happy if that is the case.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had virtually no injuries first 2 seasons or so,and the medics were lauded for that
They have no control over impact injuries or the consequent problems they cause
Hamstring pulls happen to many players in every club, its part of being an athlete im afraid
I dont think the medical team have changed, although i may be wrong,but blaming them is wide of the mark

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are far too many players getting injuries and recurring injuries throughout the club for my liking. Wasnt there some suggestion that Shi wasnt happy with the amount of injuries last season. Cant think he will be very happy if that is the case.
I would say that the issue (if we must find one) is the arrogance of thinking 'We've had no injuries for X number of years - I guess that we don't get injuries any more so don't need to plan for it).

Footballers get injured though. I hate hate hate the blame culture that permeates this forum (and, tbf, modern society in general).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had virtually no injuries first 2 seasons or so,and the medics were lauded for that
Hamstring pulls happen to many players in every club, its part of being an athlete im afraid
I dont think the medical team have changed, although i may be wrong,but blaming them is wide of the mark

I just find the amount of injuries throughout the club, including the academy sides and recurring injuries a bit concerning.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say that the issue (if we must find one) is the arrogance of thinking 'We've had no injuries for X number of years - I guess that we don't get injuries any more so don't need to plan for it).

Footballers get injured though. I hate hate hate the blame culture that permeates this forum (and, tbf, modern society in general).

It is very frustrating though. We seem to have a large number of players who have been getting recurring injuries in recent months and a lot of hamstring injuries.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is very frustrating though. We seem to have a large number of players who have been getting recurring injuries in recent months and a lot of hamstring injuries.
So we have to blame someone? Don't disagree it's frustrating.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If correct, it is terrible news for Neto. I hope he makes a full recovery, and we can look forward to him gracing our colours once again.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, mate, injuries don't always spread themselves equally through the season.

Sometimes they come in waves, so let's hope this is the case here and we'll soon be in the shallows again.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lost the Head of Medical, Phil Hayward, to LA Galaxy in January 2020. It might be a coincidence that our injury problems have mushroomed since then...or maybe it isn't. We do have a medical issue now, whereas from mid-2017 until 2019-20, we didn't. The reasons for that need to be identified, and fixed, by the club

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it not the same medical team that gave us pretty much zero injuries in the first 3 seasons under Fosun?

Boston

Reaction score
I think we need to have a serious look at the medical team...i know that every team gets injuries, but where there is smoke there is fire, and i cant help but feel the medical team has a lot to blame here. The visual of last year, with Raul/Boly/Podence/Neto/Johnny/etc all sitting in a luxury box injured, it was mind blowing.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If correct, it is terrible news for Neto. I hope he makes a full recovery, and we can look forward to him gracing our colours once again.
Trincao must have been brought in as cover for Neto and Traore. He will have to step up to the plate just as Neto did when Jota went.

Back
Top Bottom