Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto Injury

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone heard how Neto is progressing with his Patella injury? Read he could start light training September and conflicting story`s of him not being ready till end of the year.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone heard how Neto is progressing with his Patella injury? Read he could start light training September and conflicting story`s of him not being ready till end of the year.

All his images on Social Media the last couple of weeks have been him with his family with no knee brace of protection on it, so I would presume he'll return on July 5th with the other members of the squad not at the Euro's and be assessed fully then.

I still don't suspect we'll see him until October/November time.

VAR OUT

Groupie
Reaction score

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No days off for <a href="https://twitter.com/pedrolneto7?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@pedrolneto7</a> this summer.<br><br> pedroneto_30 on IG<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/oHE0bQlvwd">pic.twitter.com/oHE0bQlvwd</a></p>&mdash; Wolves (@Wolves) <a href=" ">June 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(I tried )
Bloody hell

I do a lot of leg work in the gym. I'm a lot broader than Neto and I have a much bigger frame than him.

His legs are about three times the size of me. Ronaldo-esque spurt of growth from our man

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bejaysus. That boy stacked. Most young players idolise Ronaldo, especially the Portuguese, but rarely do they measure up to his relentless work ethic.
I just hope he doesn’t do a Costa and get too big, but then I think that’s more to do with other issues with Costa, cos, well, Adama.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you can overdo that kind of thing to be honest. I suppose he has people giving him good advice though.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be a view that when he's fit, Neto will be off to another club. I can't see Wolves allowing that to happen, unless it suits the agenda. Remember when we got promoted, everyone thought Ruben Neves would leave, yet we've had him him here for three seasons in the premier league.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seems to be a view that when he's fit, Neto will be off to another club. I can't see Wolves allowing that to happen, unless it suits the agenda. Remember when we got promoted, everyone thought Ruben Neves would leave, yet we've had him him here for three seasons in the premier league.
Just the normal pessimistic view point of some posters. Others have taken the press reports on Jorge to heart and assume we will sell any player as soon as we see a profit. Obviously Fosun made billions by not knowing the right time to buy or sell assets (though yes it's harder to judge with footballers than say companies or mines).

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just the normal pessimistic view point of some posters. Others have taken the press reports on Jorge to heart and assume we will sell any player as soon as we see a profit. Obviously Fosun made billions by not knowing the right time to buy or sell assets (though yes it's harder to judge with footballers than say companies or mines).
Or perhaps they are taking into account the past history Jorge had with his close involvement with at least two previous football clubs that went sour and why he is now hated with a passion by the supporters of those clubs.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont sell players quickly if we believe we can improve them ourselves. Why do that ?
You are just handing another club the chance to add value that as a business we can do.
I believe Jota , Doherty and next, perhaps , Neves are at their maximum that we could do. That was Wolves assessment.
Thats why Traore, Neto and Podence may stay , to see if Lage will get more from him than Nuno did last year.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
At times last season he looked really frustrated during games.

Hopefully a more positive approach this season will see him happier here. Get him fit and amongst the goals again.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or perhaps they are taking into account the past history Jorge had with his close involvement with at least two previous football clubs that went sour and why he is now hated with a passion by the supporters of those clubs.

I must admit I didn't know that. Who are the two clubs?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Valencia and Monaco to name just two. Not well liked by some in Portugal too by all accounts.

Thank you. I thought you meant two premier league clubs, which I couldn't recall.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Valencia and Monaco to name just two. Not well liked by some in Portugal too by all accounts.

It's understandable that some in Portugal would not like him. He's there to take the best Portuguese talent and get them the best deals, which generally won't be in the relatively small Portuguese league. Equally some won't like him at Wolves when he uses us as a stepping stone as with Jota. In the end he is there to act for his clients not their employers though, that's the whole point. Our slight edge is that his employer is to some extent our owner though. He goes where the money is, be it a Russian oligarch or Chinese megacorp. He'll never do us a 'favour' but sometimes our interests will align.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just for those of you who know more than me (so probably everyone). Jonny had famously muscular legs, but is there a possibility that muscles get so strong that they can exert more force than other parts of the body can cope with? I remember years ago they said that in NFL the boots on astroturf got too good and players were injured because their foot would have slipped on grass, but didn't and ligaments went instead. Or is that all *******s?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just for those of you who know more than me (so probably everyone). Jonny had famously muscular legs, but is there a possibility that muscles get so strong that they can exert more force than other parts of the body can cope with? I remember years ago they said that in NFL the boots on astroturf got too good and players were injured because their foot would have slipped on grass, but didn't and ligaments went instead. Or is that all *******s?
Physio daughter confirmed that it’s a theoretical risk if the muscles are unbalanced.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Muscle tissue is far more vascular than tendons and ligaments and as such heals quicker. Also the strength and cross sectional area is slower to develop in connective tissue compared to muscle. Typically the weakest area is the point of insertion into bone, although tendons and ligaments can snap anywhere along their length.
In terms of imbalance as mentioned above,muscles typically work in pairs or groups of antagonists, ie one set bends a joint ie biceps and the other straightens it ie triceps. If one set is stronger than the other then that can create issues.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What he did last season was very good, it was a good surprise for me. I saw him play and what he did was very good. Maybe he needs more time, I don’t know exactly how long. He’s not ready for one month, or two I think.” [via E&S]

1628848934564.png

He is looking an absolute unit really been bulking up, traore esque cant wait for him back in the front line, lets hope to see him october thats earlier than previously muted in June of a December 2021 return

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What he did last season was very good, it was a good surprise for me. I saw him play and what he did was very good. Maybe he needs more time, I don’t know exactly how long. He’s not ready for one month, or two I think.” [via E&S]

View attachment 23186

He is looking an absolute unit really been bulking up, traore esque cant wait for him back in the front line, lets hope to see him october thats earlier than previously muted in June of a December 2021 return
Has he been on Traore's regime? Jesus that's massive change.

Back
Top Bottom