Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neto Injury

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be nice if the club actually told us what is going on, this rumour/story has been out for a while now and yet nothing!
The silence tends to suggest that it is true. Otherwise there would surely have been a swift denial.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels a real sickener. Just hope that when he does return, the injury doesn't have any long term impact and he can carry on where he left off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could be a very long season, just hope we’re not pinning our hopes on signing Kaspars Gorkšs in the January transfer window.
... or the management "genius" who wanted him....

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrendous news, and although it's easy to wallow in self-pity because of what it means for our season, you have to look past Wolves and feel so, so sorry for the guy. He was on the train to being a superstar.

'At least' February will surely mean just a few cameos for him in the last ten games at the most optimistic. More likely we won't be seeing him properly back in the team until this time next year, and even that is if his rehabilitation goes smoothly. 4-5 months added to his original injury is more than just a set-back, that's basically him starting from scratch again, and there's really no telling how it will pan out. For a player whose game is hinged on bursts of pace and quick swivels and changes of direction, an injury like this could be impossible to fully recover from.

Just horrible. So sad for him.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Self praise hahaha.

Seriously, it seems a bloody eternity ago that we looked destined for ever more success... 15 months or so later....
Yep, I just looked at the squad for the home game against Olympiacos and depressed myself further...this season is going to be tough unless Jeff and Uncle Jorge can work miracles before the window closes and we properly bolster our wafer-thin squad and give Bruno half a chance. No splurging over half the budget on 'wonderkids' for the future either please. We need, as much as I hate the phrase, oven-ready.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I just looked at the squad for the home game against Olympiacos and depressed myself further...this season is going to be tough unless Jeff and Uncle Jorge can work miracles before the window closes and we properly bolster our wafer-thin squad and give Bruno half a chance. No splurging over half the budget on 'wonderkids' for the future either please. We need, as much as I hate the phrase, oven-ready.
Not just oven ready anymore, they need to be on the plate, dished up with a side of bhajis and an emperor naan.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted for Pedro. Good luck to him in his recovery.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible news and gutted for Neto. We all could do with some good news soon as it just seems rubbish news non stop at the moment. I reckon we need 4/5 new signings now but cant see it.
4/5!!!!!!! We'll be lucky to get 2 in. How some or you honestly believe we can being 4 odd players in given the restrictions we're under is mental!! This season is going to be a slog, next summer we will invest heavily again but at the moment we're paying the price for abusing the system which got us to the heady heights we reached. We out spent what we could sustain, it brought us good times but with a price...... Time to suck it up guys

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abused the system, as in paying the players promotion bonuses when we went up ? Meanwhile other clubs were involved in shady ground selling deals.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apparently he has his own personalised coffee mug in the treatment room. :smile:

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Jeff's on the blower to Fosun asking them to delay the self sufficiency thing until next season and put their hands in their pockets now.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are being naive in the extreme if you believe that players aren't often played when not 100% fit in a controlled manner.

It was a dead rubber game WickedWolfie, there was no need to persist with the same players especially if injured. Nuno could have used those end of season games to integrate new players and tinker for the upcoming season, or to finally transition into 4231 without fear of results.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just hope that Neto comes back the same player. I am really concerned that he won’t as our history of players with serious knee injuries is appalling. I genuinely cannot remember a player that either didn’t have set back after set back, or wasn’t crap on return. Graham, Dicko, Jonny and now Neto.

I do think questions should be asked of the medical department, because that is both Jonny and Neto suffering serious set backs from knee injuries, and Podence and Boly also turning into crocks.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes sense with them apparently looking at Guedes and Kang-in Lee.

Sorry but it makes no sense at all..... happy for them to come in but need to keep our best players , ie; Traore.

Back
Top Bottom