Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Has looked great in pre-season and at the end of last season. He absolutely needs a season of regular first-team football though (starting 30+ games). If he isn’t going to get that with us, then I think this is a pretty decent move all round.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan would be good. I wish we hadn't of recalled him from Swansea tbh but I definitely wouldn't want a sale.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess if we continue with the 343 he doesn't fit into the 2 centre midfield spots and with Hwang now here and able to also play on the wing he would be behind traore, trincao, hwang, podence & neto for the winger positions so would get little game time

If its a loan for a year while Bruno perhaps slowly transitions us away from a back 3 over the course of the season till the squad is comfortable playing a 4231 where morgan then has a role I'm happy for him to go tear up the Championship for a year

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
He seemed to be kicking on but if Bournemouth can offering him a lot more playing time this makes sense.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs White needs games. I don’t think he will get them at Wolves.
I thought his sub performance Saturday was very naive. It may have been enthusiasm but he gifted easy free kicks to United When we needed the ball in play.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit weird when Lage was saying only last week that he was very much in his first team plans. Wonder what changed, if this is true.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes out on loan I would hope we get someone else in as well as Sanches

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only concern with this is Sanches is a month away and will leave us light for a few weeks. Also Bruno using him as sub in recent games. I wouldnt be loaning him out until January. We need the options and dont want to leave ourselves short.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only concern with this is Sanches is a month away and will leave us light for a few weeks. Also Bruno using him as sub in recent games. I wouldnt be loaning him out until January. We need the options and dont want to leave ourselves short.
Podence staying fit is key

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first part is an issue but probably not one MGW staying fixes, the second part, Hwang will be coming off the bench before him you’d think now. He’s competition in an area we have the most depth.

He needs regular minutes, I don’t think he’ll get that with us currently so a loan would be good for him and hopefully for us too.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd like to see him have a loan then we can look at him again in the summer, he seems like he's desperate to make it here however he is going to be very limited in his opportunities.

Let him have 1 season in the top end of the championship and see how he is next year, he has never had that run of 30/40 games of been a main player which I think will do him the world of good.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like he won’t be using the new house he’s having built then

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From my point of view I really rate MGW. I hope he is still here at the end of the window. Respect the opinions that think he needs a loan but he looked good in pre season and if we ended up going 4 at the back I could see him having an impact. His goal at Forest was beautiful.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
From my point of view I really rate MGW. I hope he is still here at the end of the window. Respect the opinions that think he needs a loan but he looked good in pre season and if we ended up going 4 at the back I could see him having an impact. His goal at Forest was beautiful.

He’s looked brilliant and done everything he can to force his way in.

Just being realistic though, how many games is he likely to start ahead of Adama, Trincao, Podence, Hwang-Hee and Neto when he returns. Similarly, if we sign Sanches, he’s going to be 5th in line behind Neves, Sanches, Moutinho and Dendoncker.

Being selfish, I’d love him to stay and be quality back-up competition but from his perspective and in terms of his development, at some point he has to have a season where he is starting every week.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I meant when I stated prior to the start of the League we have no idea if Lage is up to managing a Premiership team. Leaving MGW out on loan is a plain and simple stupid act. Introduced as part of a double substitution with 10 minutes to go yesterday, the move took the sting out of Wolves game and we weren't posing a threat for the last 10 minutes. MGW should have been introduced with 30 minutes to go in each of the 3 games to date. He is a major asset to the club and needs to develop his career at the Wolves not to become another Sam Vokes forever on loan and never appreciated.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
I agree, him and Sanches in midfield would be a frightening prospect as well when both fit if we decided to try something different like a 451.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I made the exact same point before and it could take him longer to be back to full fitness.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We haven’t a game for 2 weeks though with the international break.
if Neto could get back in November / December we might me able to avoid our traditional ****e Christmas run

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed JOS.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
We haven’t a game for 2 weeks though with the international break.
if Neto could get back in November / December we might me able to avoid our traditional ****e Christmas run
RS might take longer to come back though if he is signing or they might want to ease him in.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know he is home grown and all that but I just don’t see it and I don’t see him at a top team.
I said last season if we start with Gibbs white in the team something has gone wrong.
He is now on his third manager where he’s been in and around the first team and doesn’t get played.
If Lage, who has a reputation for developing youth. let’s him go on loan then I think that tells us everything we need to know.

Gibbs White needs a run of games and he won’t get it at Wolves. It’s such a shame his time at Swansea was cut short due to injury. Once Neto, Boly, Mosquera and Sanches are fit he might struggle to get on the bench - that’s absolutely no help to him.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I meant when I stated prior to the start of the League we have no idea if Lage is up to managing a Premiership team. Leaving MGW out on loan is a plain and simple stupid act. Introduced as part of a double substitution with 10 minutes to go yesterday, the move took the sting out of Wolves game and we weren't posing a threat for the last 10 minutes. MGW should have been introduced with 30 minutes to go in each of the 3 games to date. He is a major asset to the club and needs to develop his career at the Wolves not to become another Sam Vokes forever on loan and never appreciated.
Not sure I agree (but not looking for an argument). MGW had a great substitute performance against Spurs 2 seasons ago. Done nothing since to justify the hype, in my opinion.

I’d love him to come good, home grown and all, but don’t think he’s got what it takes for the PL.

Champ, yes. PL no.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If MGW is going out, then I take it not just as a good sign on the Sanches front, but also a sign we're keeping Neves and Traore.
No, he's not a like-for-like player for either of them. But if he's going then it looks like we're happy with the strength in depth we'll have in both midfield and attack after the deadline closes, and of Neves and/or Traore were moving on we wouldn't be looking to move anyone else out.

Montana_Man

Groupie
Reaction score
Relax. It hasn't even been confirmed...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahhhhh…..if only we had a crystal ball.

The question is how improved will MGW be in 3 years time? Will he be a good PL player? …..very good?…….excellent?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
TBH, Morgan is a talented lad and also shows plenty of enthusiasm on the pitch but where he fits, what's his main position is still he biggest question that hangs over him. Answering that question is what he needs to do most of all at this stage of his career.

For me he has to go on loan and establish his position in a regular run of games. He then either comes back and forges his career with us or moves on and we get a decent fee for him. He is of an age where promise has to turn into regular contribution and I can't see him more than a sub at Wolves going forward right now.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another loan? If he's not in our plans I believe we should let him off the leash this time. He deserves to settle into a team where he'll be a key figure. He was starting to do that at Swansea when we recalled him. And Nuno barely played him.

I like him alot and thought he was great pre-season, but if Bruno isn't gonna give him regular game time I believe it's time to set him free.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be sad to see mgw leave; but it does still seem the way we intend to set up still doesn’t suit him.
So it might be the best thing for him for us to allow him to leave. Also works for us if it brings in some money and means we can sign someone like Botman. And keep Neves/Traore.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it's punishment for that ridiculous overhead kick attempt at the end of the match on Sunday?

(Joke, obviously. I think this would be a good move for him, needs a run of games)

Back
Top Bottom