Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Colin Taylor

I'm sure Bradbury must be one of the only players in Wolves history to have more goals on his account than goals though. Didn't he play once on the final day, scored twice, and then was never seen again?
2 against Millwall last home game then played at derby on the last day. 2 in 2 in the league.

bully9

Reaction score
Ah yes Colin. He of the Blues game. Both him and Shaun arrived galloping on white horses and trotted out of town on donkeys.

Much prefer the quiet effectiveness of the boy Otasowie.
Was the blues game darren roberts ,,!!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked much better than Vitinha yesterday (who had a bad game) what i like about him is he is always looking forward and while he gives the ball away a bit atleast he tries something different... The big Fabio Silva chance was down to his clever play.

Rather watch him play than Dendoncker passing it sideways and backwards...

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First time ever he's started back to back games for us. Never had s proper chance before and even now he's shoehorned. Lot of fans been quite out of order about him. Play him in his position regularly and he is good enough for us.
Agreed. I’ve been one of those, but he’s starting to prove me wrong.
Put him in his preferred position and he clearly has something to offer. He was one of the few bright sparks who was trying to make things happen along with Traore.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like him, personally think he should play as our CAM if we play one, we won't always even next season I still think we will change formations but he should get more of a role. 4231 where he is allowed to attack and has players around him is perfect for him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he did well enough.
Playing in that position he probably needs RAN overlapping and providing the genuine width.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading up on the preferred formation and tactics of Lage, could be MGW again finds us playing a formation that doesn’t really suit him.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading up on the preferred formation and tactics of Lage, could be MGW again finds us playing a formation that doesn’t really suit him.
I thought the opposite. Could play in one of two positions:

in the front 2. Dropping deep to win the ball. Basically 4 4 1 1 . Think he won the World Cup in this role

or on the right hand side - as the right winger is meant to be more of a free role

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is starting to show some promise now, god knows how the team will line up next season but I would be happy to see him involved.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was sorry to see Nuno go but am hoping that MGW may flourish under a new manager. Simailar to how Coady flourished under Nuno.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is about MGW that means he doesn't get the same level of patience from fans as a Vitinha or a RAN. We all say we want to see players from out academy come through but when one does he's immediately written off if he has a couple of bad games.
I think it’s a bit of the “local lad should run himself into the ground like I would” syndrome. His social media does him not good either, especially the Covid road trip incident.

Outwardly he’s displaying that archetypal flash young British footballer who’s set for life and hasn’t yet achieved anything of note at a senior level. Contrast to the more grounded Portuguese lads and I think that alienates him a little.

We’re also wary of the number of false dawns from our academy set up and right or wrong won’t fully accept him until he’s shown us at a first team level.

Tricky thing the mind of a football fan.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is about MGW that means he doesn't get the same level of patience from fans as a Vitinha or a RAN. We all say we want to see players from out academy come through but when one does he's immediately written off if he has a couple of bad games.
He’s been around the first team since the Lambert era (as a 16 year old) and hadn’t really kicked on. He had a great cameo vs Chelsea with all the resultant MOTD hype and expectations rose massively and I think he struggled to cope. He’s looked a lot better since he’s come back. We need to remember he’s just 21 and I think that is often forgotten. He’s the same age as when Neves joined us and has played in 6 more first team games than Ruben had at the same age. I would also contend that if he had played a full season in the Championship he would have been in Championship side of the season. He was looking really good for Swansea but the step up is massive. The likes of Vitinha and RAN are in their first season, if like Vinagre they don’t kick on they will also get a hard time.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been around the first team since the Lambert era (as a 16 year old) and hadn’t really kicked on. He had a great cameo vs Chelsea with all the resultant MOTD hype and expectations rose massively and I think he struggled to cope. He’s looked a lot better since he’s come back. We need to remember he’s just 21 and I think that is often forgotten. He’s the same age as when Neves joined us and has played in 6 more first team games than Ruben had at the same age. I would also contend that if he had played a full season in the Championship he would have been in Championship side of the season. He was looking really good for Swansea but the step up is massive. The likes of Vitinha and RAN are in their first season, if like Vinagre they don’t kick on they will also get a hard time.
Exactly this.

Also I dont want to re-write history as Nuno was absolutely fantastic for us but in a central midfield position, he was very regimented as to how he wanted his midfielders to play and to get the best out of MGW he needs more of a "floating" role.

I wouldnt be suprised at all that a new man coming in uses MGW much more and we see him become the player he absolutely can be.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Exactly this.

Also I dont want to re-write history as Nuno was absolutely fantastic for us but in a central midfield position, he was very regimented as to how he wanted his midfielders to play and to get the best out of MGW he needs more of a "floating" role.

I wouldnt be suprised at all that a new man coming in uses MGW much more and we see him become the player he absolutely can be.
I thought that he was a bright light at the end of a very dim season. Strong effort, made things happen, and was involved in some very important goals. I think he still has a strong future, if he continues to work hard. Watching him, my one complaint with his game is that he tends to have a heavy touch at times. If he can control the ball just a little bit better while on that little half-turn of his, then he'll be a great forward-thinking player to have...

D

Deleted member 11332

I thought that he was a bright light at the end of a very dim season. Strong effort, made things happen, and was involved in some very important goals. I think he still has a strong future, if he continues to work hard. Watching him, my one complaint with his game is that he tends to have a heavy touch at times. If he can control the ball just a little bit better while on that little half-turn of his, then he'll be a great forward-thinking player to have...

Noticed that re the touch. Often he's thinking too far ahead. Definitely a concentration thing that should be ironed out as he gets more experience.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he played reasonably well in his last few appearances for us, no i dont give him a hard time, i base my opinions on what i see him do on the pitch, if he plays well i say so, if he plays crap then i say he plays crap, I would like nothing more than MGW to come good for Wolves..

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed that re the touch. Often he's thinking too far ahead. Definitely a concentration thing that should be ironed out as he gets more experience.
Yeah probably in a rush to make things happen which is understandable given his youth and lack of experience.

Always wants to make something happen.

Could l say that we could integrate him and have a way of playing that brings out the very best of him.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant say that I have ever rated him much tbh, but I think in his last few games he has looked a decent,player, keen to get forward and make things happen which has been a rarity in the team this season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did well in the last few games. I like him and he has never had a run of games in a no10 role.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still not convinced he is good enough but still prepared to believe he may well improve with more regular playing time. That in itself is a conundrum that is difficult to fix.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you know I've been banging this particular drum a while. Give him a run and will see what he's got. I think he's good enough.

Yep. I've been banging the no10 role drum for him as well. Do feel he will need someone to compete with him for the no10 role if the new head coach uses this position. Not sure about Podence doing it.

D

Deleted member 11332

Yep. I've been banging the no10 role drum for him as well. Do feel he will need someone to compete with him for the no10 role if the new head coach uses this position. Not sure about Podence doing it.

Think Podence would be fine in a side that got more men forward, he's not exactly going to beat 3/4 men but if he had players to bounce the ball off he'd be solid.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just said on Talksport he could be off to Bournemouth.
Sorry just fleetingly caught it. I couldn't tell if it was loan or permanent or any other details .

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see where he fits in here to be honest, it's the formation again.

If we're persisting with a back three, he isn't disciplined/good enough defensively and off the ball to play CM and Podence, Traore, Neto, Trincao & probably Hwang are all better options to play off Jimenez.

I would prefer a loan move but he needs to be playing to fully develop.

Unfortunately with 3 CMs at the club we're probably going to mess him about for another year where he hardly features but can't leave which does no one any good.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be fine with it as long as a) it's a loan and b) we have another player coming in as a replacement

Think he'll be a good player, wouldn't want to lose him completely just yet

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Seems like a loan according to Twitter which would be good for him
Wouldn’t want to sell him

Back
Top Bottom