Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we have any kind of sell on fee? I imagine that he will be making a big move to a top side in the next few years.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well looks like he's off ... after our transfer business this week can't complain if he won't sign a new contract but slightly sad to see a local lad go.
Fantastic news.The price of 35 Mill plus substansial add ons is just too darn good to turn down.
Almost pays for the Nunes transfer..and the choice is easy IMO.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Sad to see him go but that is crazy money. Forest have to stay up this season because if they don't they are in big trouble. What a result for the academy, thats paid for it 10 times over.

My first reaction is to say good luck to the lad, I really do want him to do well. Have to balance this out with the football devil inside of me which is whispering into my ear, "I hope we've pull their pants down and he flops, Forest get relegated, and he gets sent off during a 5-0 thrashing we give them, all assisted or scored by Nunes."

It's not my money but that is too good to turn down.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a newly promoted side, I'd imagine Forest simply cannot afford to go down now and the odds remain against them.

Way beyond a calculated gamble. Their owner is insane.

Only thing going for them is I think Cooper is the real deal as a manager. If he can keep a squad with new players without much existing dynamics he has a chance.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If i had been him I would have stayed until January to see how much I could benefit from playing alongside Guedes, Nunes and Neves. And I would have backed myself to play instead of Podence and Hwang, or instead of Dendonker.
We should not be selling first team players yet, we still need competition and cover.
We are a million miles off the luxury of having a £35m+ player warming the bench, especially as he’s probably not even first option off said bench.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad it looks like he's finally going, doesn't want to stay so best for everybody, we couldn't turn that sort of money down.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame to see him go but if he won’t sign the contract, effectively swapping him for Nunes is great business.

Best of luck Morgan.
I doubt if any of us know what the supposed contract is and yet so many are judging him. It is so easy to say he wont sign the contract and therefore he is the baddie. Maybe this club has also to look at how we treat our players that are not in the clique.
If you were a young player and felt that you might not be given the same chances as others you might also be hesitant to sign a new contract you that ties you down for a substantial time.
Morgan has a cintract and that is all he is obliged to honour at this time.
As much as we see the good side of the quality of the players coming in there is also another side to seeing the dominance of the Portuguese influx.
Even recently Lage has stated how highly he rates MGW and if Morgan does achieve the level that Bruno thinks he can then in the future many will be complaining of another Robbie Keane moment.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
We payed £38 million for Nunes and are selling Morgan for £35 million after he refused to sign a new contract so for me thats a lot of money to turn down for a player who wont commit to a new contract.This money can now be used to get Ramos and who knows who else i would have preferred to keep Morgan but not signing a new contract means he was expendable

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to see him go but that is crazy money. Forest have to stay up this season because if they don't they are in big trouble. What a result for the academy, thats paid for it 10 times over.

My first reaction is to say good luck to the lad, I really do want him to do well. Have to balance this out with the football devil inside of me which is whispering into my ear, "I hope we've pull their pants down and he flops, Forest get relegated, and he gets sent off during a 5-0 thrashing we give them, all assisted or scored by Nunes."

It's not my money but that is too good to turn down.

Factor in the potential contract issue as well. We simply could not turn that sort of fee down.

If Forest have as much luck as they did against West Ham they'll probably win the league. In all honestly though, I still think they'll almost certainly be in a relegation battle, whether they sign Gibbs-White or otherwise.

Excellent business from our perspective.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Morgan - sorry it didn’t work out. Hope you got a massive signing on fee.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silly money and a great deal for us. Helps balance the books too , which I hope means 2-3 more incoming.

I didn’t think he has been that great so far. Frustrating again against Fulham - flicks etc.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can´t we flog Podence to Forest at the same time?
30 Mill plus hefty add ons?...:)

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
No intention of signing a new contract according to the Express and Star.

Right move for all parties then and to be honest, we've got better options.
I read it as he had no intention of signing the new contract we presented to him in May. I think he wanted to try and play his way into an improved mid-season contract offer from the team. He struggled to make a significant impact the last two games, but the effort was certainly there. He did not look like a player who was ready to leave the club.

Bittersweet for me - homegrown player who I think fit the type of inside forward role that Bruno covets. I think with Guedes now we had the opportunity to play 442 with MGW and Raul up top and Guedes/Neto on the wings. In a vacuum, I would have probably sold Podence before him.

£35m is a fantastic fee though, and while it looks like we're going to be less rigid with the sell to buy philosophy, it was unrealistic to think we would abandon it completely. And rather MGW going than Neves or Neto...

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
Traore is another who if he refuses to sign a new contract will be gone as he will be a free agent next year still expect to see him leave for about£10 million as he only has this year left on contract

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Clearly didn’t want to stay so for that reason it’s the right decision and an amazing price.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-3-3 is muted as our target formation

thats

3 front men

Neto, Guedes, Jimenez, podence, Traore, chiquinho, hwang, mgw

Next year SIlva,

Selling MGW also solidifies our view of Neto as a main man

Someone had to go.. and at 35m up front and getting in Nunes seems perfect business.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Simply cant turn that kind of money down, sad to see him go as I reckon he will become a very good player but we're well stocked for players in his position so good business for us and the player. £44M though? Crazy crazy fee

Back
Top Bottom