Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

T

TheConcourse

Sorry, but that’s ludicrous money after one good Championship season.

For whatever reason it never seemed to fit after being called back on loan. Looked alright during pre-season and during the first couple of games, but nothing to suggest he won’t be replaced by Guedes comfortably.

Good luck to the kid. Enjoy dancing with J Lingz on TikTok.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frankly not getting in over Neto or Guedes when we have at fit striker that isn't an option and I generally think we will play 433 more than 4321. Lage saw Pod as the better CAM option anyway.

Exactly. One place we are stacked really is wide forward and as you say, Neto and Guedes now clear first choices. Podence, Hwang and Traore offer decent competition.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would’ve liked to have kept him but can’t complain with the fee and suppose we need to recoup some money somewhere.

Will be interesting to see how he does.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd have signed if he wanted to stay
If i had been him I would have stayed until January to see how much I could benefit from playing alongside Guedes, Nunes and Neves. And I would have backed myself to play instead of Podence and Hwang, or instead of Dendonker.
We should not be selling first team players yet, we still need competition and cover.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't be annoyed at the club at all for this, they were giving him the opportunity but he didn't sign the contract and he would gradually lose value.

I don't even blame Morgan or am bitter and resentful that he didnt want to stay. Some times people need a fresh start and this deal works for both parties.

T

TheConcourse

£44m total is quite ridiculous.

I'd imagine every side in the country would like Forest to be in for one if their players.
It’s mental. There seems to be no logic. Their fans better hope that their owner isn’t as unhinged as he looks, because they could be in a real state after this little spree.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add another forward and he’d have been second sub for us when Raul is fit again, and that’s if the strange obsession with Hwang ends. Guedes and Neto start with Pod first option.

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said it before that I like him and feel he will be successful in the Premier League, but you can't turn that down.

Compare him to the Nunes transfer that are similar fees and it's just crazy.

And like most players who leave us, particularly academy graduates, I wish him all the luck in the world. Just not at Wolves' expense.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
£35 million, that's about £1 million for every minute he looked like a PL footballer in a Wolves shirt. Take the money and run.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck to Morgan at Forest and no doubt if Forest do well, he will be a big part of that success.

Still - to get AT LEAST £35 Million after 1 good season in the 2nd Tier, is simply stunning stuff and leaves us in a glorious position to get in a Striker and Right Back, to then fill all positions twice!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like MGW and would love to have seen a home grown player come through and be part of the first team, but Forest have put in an offer that is just too good to turn down, really can't blame Wolves. There's no guarantees he would be worth more than that in his career. I'll definitely be following his career though and hope he fulfils his promise.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Forest paying more for GW than Liverpool paid for Jota. More fool them! Good business by Wolves and even if Lage wanted to keep him I guess even he can see why we’d accept £44m!

Back
Top Bottom