Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is another who if he refuses to sign a new contract will be gone as he will be a free agent next year still expect to see him leave for about£10 million as he only has this year left on contract

I think we'll take the hit with Traore. Is there really any point losing another winger and a player who could give us a completely different option from the bench or start in certain games for that kind of fee? We'd then need to replace him, which would cost more.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a million miles off the luxury of having a £35m+ player warming the bench, especially as he’s probably not even first option off said bench.
The thing is that I still think he would have played, and not been a benchwarmer. If anyone had to go, I would rather it had been Podence or Hwang. Difficult to turn down that money, though, I admit, especially if he definitely won’t sign the new contract.
Just my opinion.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I wanted the kid to succeed that really is a mental price. I think we've fleeced Forest...

Good luck to him but have a feeling Guedes would have kept him out of the first team for long periods...

Forest have lost the plot.
Imagine him having a £10m release clause for relegation and signing him back :)

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People keep quoting 44/45 million but we have been told that the add ones are largely considered difficult to achieve.
Let’s just be happy with the 35 million!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like a lot of us are sad to see him go. Crazy money though but I truly believe he’ll be worth more in a few years. Guaranteed to score against us too

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
Does feel a bit wrong personally moving on 2 British players this season who could have played a large part, one of which who's started both games but the offer is too good to turn down as everyone has said.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed that we've sold him, but at 45M you can't say no.

Hopefully we get another CM in and ST

Sums up my feelings. Think he's a very good player, but everyone has their value and 35m is his.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cough Cough….and no I’m not ITK nor the new Heron
Have they spent the money yet
Do we have that goal scorer at Compton
Will there be a midnight unveiling
Stay tuned in we are on the roller coaster ride of the century :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fee is crazy, but so we're some of our fans valuations of him earlier in the summer! I'm sure I read some people say £5-10m, which was also utterly ridiculous. Maddison went for £20m at similar age, and that's around where we should have been getting bids. Anything less than that would leave the board open for more criticism of giving him away. Even if he rips trees up now, the board have done the right thing.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really like MGW and I’m disapointed he’s leaving as he will have an excellent career - can’t really blame the club for taking that offer though, that’s absolutely crazy money from forest.

Best of luck Morgan!

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I've always been a MGW sceptic but the rationale of giving him a run of games in this new look side, particularly given his home grown status was understandable.

That being said, I cannot believe any club would offer that kind of money for him and if he is unwilling to sign a new contract it makes perfect sense to take the money and run (whilst giggling).

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feelings are very much split but there is no way we can turn that down for him. I really wanted him to succeed at Wolves and I am sure he would have but if we can get a CL level performer in like Nunes for the sake of netting it off against MGW then it really is a no brainer.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
add ons are unrealistic if you read ornsteins article.

European football, international caps etc
European football will be very unrealistic for Forest, but I don't think an international cap will be. In fact, I'm almost certain that MGW will be an England player by the end of this season.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The fee is crazy, but so we're some of our fans valuations of him earlier in the summer! I'm sure I read some people say £5-10m, which was also utterly ridiculous. Maddison went for £20m at similar age, and that's around where we should have been getting bids. Anything less than that would leave the board open for more criticism of giving him away. Even if he rips trees up now, the board have done the right thing.
Agree totally, whatever he does or doesn’t do for Forest it’s the right deal for us. Same as how selling Jota at the time was right for us, just because he looks a much better player now doesn’t mean it was wrong to sell him when we did.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For 35mil it is hard to turn down thats basically what we just paid for Nunes and he is leagues above Morgan in terms of ability.

I hope he does have a great career though being a local lad but I think it is a good deal for us.

Hope this puts to bed the Neto leaving rumours now.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maddison is technically a much better player than Gibbs-White though. Even if we 'only' end up with the flat 35m fee it's incredible business.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
European football will be very unrealistic for Forest, but I don't think an international cap will be. In fact, I'm almost certain that MGW will be an England player by the end of this season.
Genuinely interested on what you’ve seen of him to think he could be an England international by the end of the season? And who he will displace coming up to a World Cup?

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That is an amazing fee for MGW.

Not just saying this as we are selling him, but I really was not that impressed with him in the first 2 games. He was just OK and was still losing the ball doing the flicks and turns that he did when he last got a run in the first team.

Happy for him that he is going somewhere to be the star man.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They wanted Aoure instead of him a few days ago. We have been linked with him. They won’t want him now. He could be a clever replacement for mgw.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it also shows where we are now.

He'll be one if the main men for a newly promoted side, he'll get splinters for us once all the big guns have been signed.

There's also a real immaturity with him for me. Did he really think that he would come back into this squad and be the main man, guaranteed playing time?

Back
Top Bottom