Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale... NO....NO....NO....

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
It is and having never met Beale, it's difficult to assess his personality, although I'd hope that those who interviewed him would have more of an insight. Perhaps he's some sort of Walter Mitty.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is and having never met Beale, it's difficult to assess his personality, although I'd hope that those who interviewed him would have more of an insight. Perhaps he's some sort of Walter Mitty.
I’d imagine most football managers have massive egos. Pretty much a job requirement, but perhaps not to such bat**** insane levels.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to prove how little I know, when Mark McGhee was appointed manager I felt it was a very good move by the club and would see us promoted… !!

Most of the footballing world did! At the time of his Reading success, there were stories that McGhee was being liined up to be Ferguson's eventual successor at Man Utd. I don't think McGhee ever got near to replicating that success at Reading though, so can only put it down to one of those "right time right place" flukes. His career just declined to mediocrity, as he descended down the leagues. Colin Lee probably played as much as a part, as when he took over, we were no worse than under McGhee. Arguably better, though still not quite genuine promotion material.

After watching the game for too many decades, I think football just doesn't work linearly, if that makes sense. Nothing ever adds up properly and it is mostly unpredictable. (other than 4 of the Big 6 will occupy the top 4 places every season)

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely feels like a sliding doors moment with him. Would have set us back for years.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to prove how little I know, when Mark McGhee was appointed manager I felt it was a very good move by the club and would see us promoted… !!
To be fair, McGhee would've likely gotten us up, had he knew when to keep his fat gob shut. The "We at least won't finish bottom if Barnsley come up with us" comment, was all the motivation Barnsley needed to pip us to 2nd, while we inevitably failed in the play-offs.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said this before but I find the manager merry-go-round really quite amusing and fascinating. There are just so many of them who go from club to club - Darren Moore, John Coleman, Nigel Clough, Phil Parkinson, Paul Simpson, Grant McCann, Nigel Adkins, Graham Alexander, Chris Wilder, Steve Cotterill to name just 10! Then when you add in the 'star' men like Rooney, Gerrard, Rodgers and Lampard there's another list of circulating managers but operating at a higher level. Then you can add in all the old hands like Warnock, Pulis, Mowbray and Allardyce who still seem in demand. It's nice work if you can get it!

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For those without Twitter.....

A Twitter account called 'Player ID' has been posting pro Mick Beale tweets for the last few days, showing things like camera angles to defend him not shaking his player's hand, retweeting stuff about no one wanting the Sunderland job if he's sacked, etc. etc.

The same account has historically Tweeted stuff about Rangers, during Mick Beale's time there.

Turns out, this account is linked to Mick Beale himself.....

View attachment 40612
Unbelievable Jeff!!!
As I said, narcissistic ********. Can't quite believe the state of that though

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
For the benefit of non twitterati people - apart from being a total ****, what's he supposed to have done to get a mention on our forum.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the benefit of non twitterati people - apart from being a total ****, what's he supposed to have done to get a mention on our forum.
I would have agreed with you on this prior to the fake account……but now it’s a valid story about a coach.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that Beale avoided us as we offered him the job - allegedly.

Don't want to 'bash the club', but how did we even get to consider such a person, let alone offer him a chance to manage us?

I still don't believe that we were actually interested in him, Lopetegui as a back up choice behind him? Nah

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence did the same, had a burner account under the name "Joao Silva" that he's privated now due to being found out at the start of the season.

1708451288848.png

He would search up his name and liked tweets saying:

1708451309428.png

1708451330074.png

He even liked a tweet during our game vs Utd on the opening weekend saying:

1708451356127.png

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Michael Beale is an excellent manager. He has been mistreated by Sunderland and never does anything wrong. He is literally the greatest coach in the history of Association Football.
He would do well at the poorthornes

Deranged thoughts with the fans lol

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Michael Beale is an excellent manager. He has been mistreated by Sunderland and never does anything wrong. He is literally the greatest coach in the history of Association Football.
SCOOP Michae Beale has decided to stand in Sunderland in the General election for the Raving loony party.

Not a lot of people know that.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence did the same, had a burner account under the name "Joao Silva" that he's privated now due to being found out at the start of the season. He would search up his name and liked tweets saying: He even liked a tweet during our game vs Utd on the opening weekend saying:
It speaks to a delicate ego or even an inferiority complex in the cases of Beale and Podence, to think bigging yourself up using a pseudonym is a good idea. The embarrassment of being rumbled doing something like this should be enough of a deterrent.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speaks to a brittle ego, even an inferiority complex in the cases of Beale and Podence, to think propping yourself up with sock puppet accounts is a good idea. The embarrassment of being rumbled doing something like this should be enough of a deterrent.
This reply he liked was one of my favourites... I wish I had screenshotted more before he went private!

1708452337488.png

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure there was a story when he left Rangers, that a lot of the stories about him being the real reason Rangers did (relatively) well under Gerrard were fictitious plants. He reminds me a bit of Steve Keen of Blackburn notoriety who insisted on talking himself up all the time.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Was just about to post this story…..

Is anyone suprised to hear a story like this about the guy????

What a twist lol

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Apart from the sensible 111 mixers who voted that didn't want him here in that poll back then. We know who we are !

On Beales secret Twitter account, it's kind of sad. But I highly doubt he's the only one in the game doing things like this. It's the compulsive ease of social media. There will be players and club staff lurking on forums, and with secret Twitter and Club Penguin accounts...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the sensible 111 mixers who voted that didn't want him here in that poll back then. We know who we are !

On Beales secret Twitter account, it's kind of sad. But I highly doubt he's the only one in the game doing things like this. It's the compulsive ease of social media. There will be players and club staff lurking on forums, and with secret Twitter and Club Penguin accounts...

Quite a few players have them! Some have a person employed to control “their Twitter” but they themselves have a burner account to be “themselves” and share their feelings and stuff online without judgement and even vent!

Some players are actively told by their agents to do it to avoid potential issues if they are opinionated or avoid the risk of a “cancellation” worthy tweet.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't have Twitter so can't read it

He ran an anonymous twitter account called player-id which posted positive things about him, and negative things about the club he was working for. Someone who was suspicious, found out via LinkedIn that player-id was an account owned by Beale… Once outed, player-id has mysteriously been deleted.

If you’re generous, you’d say he has deep insecurities and needs sympathy.
If you’re not, and instead note the way he treated his players, you’d say his ego knows no bounds and the guy is a chancer of epic proportions.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure there was a story when he left Rangers, that a lot of the stories about him being the real reason Rangers did (relatively) well under Gerrard were fictitious plants. He reminds me a bit of Steve Keen of Blackburn notoriety who insisted on talking himself up all the time.
Does anyone have any pics of him actually on FA coaching courses?
His career recently smacks of Ali Dia, or the conman that managed to commit massive fraud repeatedly on gullible people.

We might not see him again soon. Couple payoffs and out, job done, no more working.

Back
Top Bottom