Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale... NO....NO....NO....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t do revisionism……that’s nuts that people do.

Yes we were in a bad way at that Xmas and JL did his job .
I am on record saying, (several times I think), we’ll before that season ended with JL, that I doubted that our GD would be much better than by Xmas in the new season.

By the way, easy on good sir, there’s no need to just label my post as ‘rubbish’ when you consider that both of us have different opinions. You can be very dismissive sometimes.
The opinions of some folk, l'm not saying that you are one of them, do seem to shift according to whatever the latest line from the club is.....

It's my mum's funeral on Thursday so apologies if l came over as harsh.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised he has gone already. 4-2-5 record, not great but not generally a sackable sequence.

Agreed. There must be another reason, maybe there were problems behind the scenes.

I don’t think Sunderland come out of this very well. They sacked a good manager in Tony Mowbray, who guided them to the play offs last season, and looked likely to do so again. They then gave Michael Beale the job, but within 12 games decide he is not the right man to take them forward. 12 games is hardly enough time to install your tactics and methods into the structure. Have Sunderland panicked? Or have they bowed to pressure from the fans?

Whatever happened, Sunderland need to get their next managerial appointment right, otherwise people will be entitled to think that Mowbray and Beale weren’t the problem.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The opinions of some folk, l'm not saying that you are one of them, do seem to shift according to whatever the latest line from the club is.....

Oh, I forgot about your loss……genuinely sorry.
Will she be interred in Wolverhampton or London?

Ps…..you weren’t harsh, just a tad dismissive.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry to read of the loss of your dear mother, WW.

A true Wolves fan to be posting on the Mix at such a sad time.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d never heard of Michael Beale until we were supposedly close to appointing him.

Once I heard him talk in his ****ney lingo, that was enough for me. He came across as a nobody trying to be a somebody!

We certainly dodged a bullet imo.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d never heard of Michael Beale until we were supposedly close to appointing him.

Once I heard him talk in his ****ney lingo, that was enough for me. He came across as a nobody trying to be a somebody!

To be honest Beale and GON sound pretty similar - both Sarf East Lundun boyz....

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank god he didn’t take over we would be mid table championship by now.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. There must be another reason, maybe there were problems behind the scenes.

I don’t think Sunderland come out of this very well. They sacked a good manager in Tony Mowbray, who guided them to the play offs last season, and looked likely to do so again. They then gave Michael Beale the job, but within 12 games decide he is not the right man to take them forward. 12 games is hardly enough time to install your tactics and methods into the structure. Have Sunderland panicked? Or have they bowed to pressure from the fans?

Whatever happened, Sunderland need to get their next managerial appointment right, otherwise people will be entitled to think that Mowbray and Beale weren’t the problem.
The problems run deeper than the manager. The club is being run on a small budget in comparison to many other Championship clubs. The current model is young, hungry players, but it's meant going without a recognised centre forward for huge swathes of this season and last.

Ross Stewart being perma-injured didn't help, somehow they managed to extract an excellent fee from Southampton (and he's crocked again). Amad Diallo papered over the cracks last season and it's been a crying shame he's not returned on loan this year.

4 years in League 1 was unexpected, Alex O'Neil walking out a few months after promotion to go to Stoke probably even more so. Mowbray came in and did a great job last season to get over the line and get into the play offs, and you know what, if Batth and Ballard hadn't been injured, they'd have made it to the play off final instead of succumbing to Luton's aerial bombardment in the second leg.

On the plus side, the season tickets for adult + child are incredible value to watch football in the most competitive league. The club does a lot of good stuff through the Foundation of Light - my lad likes to go and have a kick about with kids his age at the Beacon before games (free of charge).

On the negative side, they've made some major howlers recently - I posted about the Black Cats Bar and North Stand fiasco back in December, as it had a lot of echoes of Pie and Pint gate in 2007. Mowbray wasn't on a good run of form (2 wins in 9 at the time of his sacking, I believe), and the football was attritional. Plenty of sideways passing but no end product - almost like watching Wolves under Hoddle nearly 20 years ago.

Long story short - the issue wasn't sacking Mowbray, it was replacing him with this narcissist. Blamed everyone but himself. Weirdest thing was him wielding the "Northerners hate Southerners" trope and claiming people wanted him to fail because of his accent. He then claimed not have lived in London for a long time, which seems at odds with him having managed QPR.

I live in North Tyneside so I'm surrounded by Mags but there is no chance in hell I am willingly taking my kids to a Newcastle home game. They've sold their soul for the Saudi dollars, fans protested against Ashley and Sports Direct 0 hour contracts but conveniently ignore all the Saudi human rights abuse and everything that goes with it. Happy to be quoted forever more but I hope NUFC never lift a major trophy and the Saudis sell up. We're going to NUFC v Wolves in a couple of weeks and I'm praying for another Doherty 2018-esque finale.

Last edited:

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder if his appointment and sacking will both happen in the same episode of Sunderland 'til I Die... (great TV show - currently enjoying the 3rd season).

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My only thoughts are how come the same people came up with two completely different individuals ?

Arthur

Reaction score
He just seems to be going from a fiasco to another.

Body language, general attitude towards players fans and staff, can't see him getting another job at championship level anytime soon

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problems run deeper than the manager. The club is being run on a small budget in comparison to many other Championship clubs. The current model is young, hungry players, but it's meant going without a recognised centre forward for huge swathes of this season and last.

Ross Stewart being perma-injured didn't help, somehow they managed to extract an excellent fee from Southampton (and he's crocked again). Amad Diallo papered over the cracks last season and it's been a crying shame he's not returned on loan this year.

4 years in League 1 was unexpected, Alex O'Neil walking out a few months after promotion to go to Stoke probably even more so. Mowbray came in and did a great job last season to get over the line and get into the play offs, and you know what, if Batth and Ballard hadn't been injured, they'd have made it to the play off final instead of succumbing to Luton's aerial bombardment in the second leg.

On the plus side, the season tickets for adult + child are incredible value to watch football in the most competitive league. The club does a lot of good stuff through the Foundation of Light - my lad likes to go and have a kick about with kids his age at the Beacon before games (free of charge).

On the negative side, they've made some major howlers recently - I posted about the Black Cats Bar and North Stand fiasco back in December, as it had a lot of echoes of Pie and Pint gate in 2007. Mowbray wasn't on a good run of form (2 wins in 9 at the time of his sacking, I believe), and the football was attritional. Plenty of sideways passing but no end product - almost like watching Wolves under Hoddle nearly 20 years ago.

Long story short - the issue wasn't sacking Mowbray, it was replacing him with this narcissist. Blamed everyone but himself. Weirdest thing was him wielding the "Northerners hate Southerners" trope and claiming people wanted him to fail because of his accent. He then claimed not have lived in London for a long time, which seems at odds with him having managed QPR.

I live in North Tyneside so I'm surrounded by Mags but there is no chance in hell I am willingly taking my kids to a Newcastle home game. They've sold their soul for the Saudi dollars, fans protested against Ashley and Sports Direct 0 hour contracts but conveniently ignore all the Saudi human rights abuse and everything that goes with it. Happy to be quoted forever more but I hope NUFC never lift a major trophy and the Saudis sell up. We're going to NUFC v Wolves in a couple of weeks and I'm praying for another Doherty 2018-esque finale.
Totally love and agree with your last paragraph.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was regarded as the brains behind Gerrard, so not the highest place to fall from but all the same he's clearly not go the right personality to be a manager.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beale was recommended by Hobbs who was part of the interview panel
The technical director at the time was Sellars though....Hobbs wasn't appointed till late November in that role...it seemed that Sellars failed attempt to get beale was the reason he got the boot..... probably the best result we have had in years No Beale and Sellars out....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The technical director at the time was Sellars though....Hobbs wasn't appointed till late November in that role...it seemed that Sellars failed attempt to get beale was the reason he got the boot..... probably the best result we have had in years No Beale and Sellars out....
Sellers got the boot because Lopetegui wouldn’t work with him.

Back
Top Bottom