Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Michael Beale... NO....NO....NO....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sacked after 9 weeks/12 games in charge. He must be really unappealing up close.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a season card holder at Sunderland these days (along with my lad). Helps to let me see some live football outside of Newcastle v Wolves, and at £20 a match between the two of us, it's no more expensive than non league.

I'm delighted Beale has gone. I'd have given serious thought to not renewing if he was still there next month.

Sacking Mowbray, in isolation, sort of made sense. Replacing him with Beale didn't.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:astonished:Can you believe he was Hobbs’s recommendation
I’m not sure we were ever really keen on him.
We wanted Lopetegui, I suspect the deal we offered Beale was essentially little more than an interim type thing where it would be easy for us to replace him when someone better came along, or lopetegui’s situation changed. I’d guess Beale himself could see that and was why he didn’t take it.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth noting, only just over 20% of people voted that they'd be unhappy with the appointment of Beale...

Screenshot_20240219_154630_Chrome.jpg

Thread 'Michael Beale poll' Michael Beale poll

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure we were ever really keen on him.
We wanted Lopetegui, I suspect the deal we offered Beale was essentially little more than an interim type thing where it would be easy for us to replace him when someone better came along, or lopetegui’s situation changed. I’d guess Beale himself could see that and was why he didn’t take it.
My thoughts too. Hobbs decision making has been excellent recently - fighting for Joao Gomes and pretty much everything since.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised he has gone already. 4-2-5 record, not great but not generally a sackable sequence.
I think the general vibe is that he is a massive *******. The guy did us an enormous favour turning down our job. Good chance we'd be in the bottom half of the champ currently. Absolute clown

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely the wrong fit for Sunderland. The way he treated Trai Hume after substituting him was the final straw.
I just can't fathom why on earth you would do that publicly to a 21 year old player. Like what were you trying to prove? I can't ever recall seeing a coach do that tbqh? Imagine how many decent players here would have been on the phone to their agents after a few weeks of having to listen to that throbber?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth noting, only just over 20% of people voted that they'd be unhappy with the appointment of Beale...

View attachment 40599

Context is key. People forget, and indeed try to rewrite history, just how far up crap creek without a paddle we were then. The much maligned JL did a superb job in the circumstances.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Context is key. People forget, and indeed try to rewrite history, just how far up crap creek without a paddle we were then. The much maligned JL did a superb job in the circumstances.
Yeah it's definitely an indicator of how desperate a lot of people were feeling at the time and we'd got ourselves in a right hole (mainly by sticking with the previous incumbent for too long)

8.3% wanted O'Neil in the Mix poll! Similar scenario of desperation after Lopetegui walked but we didn't have as much time for the worry to set in to become so accepting of our fate!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I beg to differ…….he didn’t do a ‘superb’ job. He did his job.

A superb job would have been where we scored a lot more goals and not hanging on by the skin of our teeth until the final whistle blew and playing horrible football.
I doubt many clubs were impressed with the way he had us playing.
The miracle is that we stayed up anyway.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A superb job would have been where we scored a lot more goals and not hanging on by the skin of our teeth until the final whistle blew and playing horrible football.
Chemical Ali lives! We were dead and buried at Christmas. Your post is exactly the sort of revisionist rubbish that l take issue with. Tightening up and grim pragmatism is exactly what was required.

Last edited:

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 40599

To be fair, his stock was high at the time, widely credited with his coaching while with Gerrard and QPR were riding high in the Chump at the time, all relative now with how it's worked out.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

We had the 3-0 against Liverpool the rest was pretty dire affairs but he did the job asked of him as did Gary at Bournemouth and dyche at Everton

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet his mole gets another job before him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chemical Ali lives! We are dead and buried at Christmas. Your post is exactly the sort of revisionist rubbish that l take issue with. Tightening up and grim pragmatism is exactly what was required.
I don’t do revisionism……that’s nuts that people do.

Yes we were in a bad way at that Xmas and JL did his job .
I am on record saying, (several times I think), we’ll before that season ended with JL, that I doubted that our GD would be much better than by Xmas in the new season.

By the way, easy on good sir, there’s no need to just label my post as ‘rubbish’ when you consider that both of us have different opinions. You can be very dismissive sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom