Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Magnificent - Brentford Verdict Thread

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A thoroughly professional performance while playing against the cheating opposition and dodgy as hell officials. João was stupid to give them the chance to screw us. Well done GON and the players.
I loved Sa giving their fans what for and really really want to see Maupay get the full Danny Mills treatment at the replay.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Want to some up Brentford?

Around 80 odd minutes they have a corner, it drifts to the back post and on to the touchline, a Brentford player backed into another Brentford player and IMMEDIATELY threw himself to the floor.

He dived after being caught by a fellow player!!!

Really hope they go down, they're pretty much dross.

They should have had the two reds as mentioned, and it's a joke they weren't given. I mean you see the ref hand gesture that Goes had to go for going over the top and rolling the lads ankle, and it was a red all day, I hope the Brentford player is ok, and João isn't too shocked about causing the injury. But to gesture that as the reason and not even give a freekick against Doyle is shocking.

The simple question needs to be asked, is this corruption or gross incompetence, because either way a remedy needs to be sought.

Away from the bull****, I thought we dug in and down and played a spirited game of football. Loved Sarabia getting ugly and stuck in to them, always great to see someone fighting like that when I thought they wouldn't. Backline were great barring a lapse for their goal which emerged from some horrendous pinball amongst the area to be fair to them.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we appeal against the red for Gomes ?

Himleywolf

Reaction score
i've replied on this below...he can play after 17th Jan.

The replay date has not been confirmed.. I'm hoping 15

i've replied on this below...he can play after 17th Jan.

The replay date has not been confirmed.. I'm hoping 15, or 16th
Don't think he would be able to play anyway as he wasn't available for tonight's game.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle amazing tonight. Not just his goal but the way he stepped up after Gomes's red card. Defo MOTM performance topped with that superb goal. The ref has to be called out though for being obviously a CHEATING ****! How on earth Bentford finished with 11 men on the pitch after the stamp on Doyle and the hands raised on Semedo, I don't know. It's sad that football officiating in this country has become so corrupt. It's so obvious now. Anyone who thinks they're just inept, needs to get their heads out of the sand! They're both red cards and obvious "errors". Oh well, even with that against us, our old gold heroes survived to fight another day. Thought everyone did their bit, bar Doc who was poor. Where was Hugo Bueno tonight? Final word for our fans there tonight. You were magnificant!

Reaction score
Doyle amazing tonight. Not just his goal but the way he stepped up after Gomes's red card. Defo MOTM performance topped with that superb goal. The ref has to be called out though for being obviously a CHEATING ****! How on earth Bentford finished with 11 men on the pitch after the stamp on Doyle and the hands raised on Semedo, I don't know. It's sad that football officiating in this country has become so corrupt. It's so obvious now. Anyone who thinks they're just inept, needs to get their heads out of the sand! They're both red cards and obvious "errors". Oh well, even with that against us, our old gold heroes survived to fight another day. Thought everyone did their bit, bar Doc who was poor. Where was Hugo Bueno tonight? Final word for our fans there tonight. You were magnificant!
Thought Doc played well tonight!!!!

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
I feared the worst after the shocking red card - I didnt even know he was sent off until a few mins later when my mate told me - it was that inconspicuous!

But….each and every Wolves player battled to the death and it was picked up by the away fans. Every tackle, clearance and attack was roared on by the Wolves faithful and duly acknowledged by the players (Cunha giving it some). When the team and fans align that’s what being Wolves is all about! Very proud of the lads and fans tonight after a stellar performance - long may it continue! FWAW

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Just got back.

Firstly can I just say our fans were unreal. No idea what they sounded like on tv but created some atmosphere.

The players are playing for their shirts, their manager and the fans. They really do give a **** and it shows. The bond between the team and fans is getting stronger. There will be some ups and downs but they'll get proper backing from the crowd I'm sure.

Battled superbly, really happy with the spirit. 11 v 11 we easily smash them.

The ref was turd. Believe in the cup and you just never know.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got back.

Firstly can I just say our fans were unreal. No idea what they sounded like on tv but created some atmosphere.

The players are playing for their shirts, their manager and the fans. They really do give a **** and it shows. The bond between the team and fans is getting stronger. There will be some ups and downs but they'll get proper backing from the crowd I'm sure.

Well done mate, the away support was tremendous.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
3 things stand out for me tonight:

1) the team spirit amongst the players, battling for each other throughout in defiance of being a man down for 80+ minutes
2) the bond and respect that the players and the away support showed each other for their efforts, and
3) Tommy Doyle, who chased, harried, closed down, ran the show going forward and smashed home a scorcher for the memory bank

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Just got back.

Fans were absolutely amazing.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wow, when you look at the schedule ..the difference between the replay and not is having joao available to face Chelsea on 3 days rest after Manchester United...really big for rotation for that match.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? It was a red. Even GON said he understands the red.

The worst part, for me, was the stuff with Semedo at the end. Bonkers how that was let go.
I'm not sure it was a red. Seemed fairly innocuous. The stamp on Doyle and Beatrix Potter grabbing Semedo by the throat were far-more deserving of a red imo.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure it was a red. Seemed fairly innocuous. The stamp on Doyle and Beatrix Potter grabbing Semedo by the throat were far-more deserving of a red imo.
The stamp on Doyle was far less impactful than what Gomes did. Now, the stomp on Doyle should have been penalized too, but I'd definitely say you're letting bias get the best of you.

There was no malicious intent from Gomes, but it was a really, really bad challenge that left a player injured.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao is not a red card for me.Bright yellow and especially since Damsgard getting away unpunished for a similar challenge on Doyle.
Read a little bit of the commentary thread in real time,saw that some gave up after Brentford took the lead.
We are not a team to give up on,under any circumstances.
Real proud of our performance yesterday,and the lads deserves full credit for getting a result despite the questionable circumstances.
Sa didn´t put a foot wrong.Defence as a unit worked well.The more I see of Tommy Doyle the more I like.Biggest no brainer in the history of football buying him from City.
Attack naturally crippled via Joaos sendoff,still worked their socks off and Neto getting some valuable minutes as well.

It was a great team effort from a group of players we should all be proud of.
The turnaround even since Brighton away last season is remarkable.
Gary O Neils barmy army ay we.
Looking forward to our next fixture.
These are good days to be a Wolves fan.I´m enjoying every minute of it.
We trash them in the replay.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stamp on Doyle was far less impactful than what Gomes did. Now, the stomp on Doyle should have been penalized too, but I'd definitely say you're letting bias get the best of you.

There was no malicious intent from Gomes, but it was a really, really bad challenge that left a player injured.
The fact it was less impactful is just luck though, Damsgaard could easily have caused Doyle some serious damage but fortunately, he didn’t. I can accept the Gomes red if Damsgaard also sees red. Once again it’s the inconsistency that is so infuriating.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
I'm getting flashbacks from last seasons 3rd round tie at Anfield. Royally shafted by the ref/VAR and ending up with a replay... This feels like a good replay though given the circumstances, whereas last year's felt like a kick in the nuts.
I hope we really turn up at Molineux and absolutely hammer em out of sight, I just hope the players don't think all they have to do is turn up. I'm sure GaryO won't let that happen though.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No, not biased at all. I'm generally more-forgiving of referees than most on here, but still don't think it a red and in this case, the ref got it wrong. Neither did Liam Keen or Nathan Judah in the post-match Vlog. Just have to agree to disagree!

Back
Top Bottom