Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Magnificent - Brentford Verdict Thread

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
The stamp on Doyle was far less impactful than what Gomes did. Now, the stomp on Doyle should have been penalized too, but I'd definitely say you're letting bias get the best of you.

There was no malicious intent from Gomes, but it was a really, really bad challenge that left a player injured.
The consequences are largely irrelevant. It's the offence itself. Gomes makes a genuine attempt to play the ball. He was stretching and missed and caught the player, but he kept his foot at ball height. It's not a red for me, but in today's climate it's not that surprising. I think many refs give a yellow for it though.

The Daamsgard incident was malicious. He's nowhere near the ball and forcefully plants his studs on Tommy's upper ankle/shin in stamping motion and had potential to cause much worse damage than Gomes tackle. As clear a red card as you'll see.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The stamp on Doyle was far less impactful than what Gomes did. Now, the stomp on Doyle should have been penalized too, but I'd definitely say you're letting bias get the best of you.

There was no malicious intent from Gomes, but it was a really, really bad challenge that left a player injured.
The fact that there bloke got injured and Doyle didn’t has no relevance though. If you watch both clips back, Gomes is going for the ball and gets it wrong, their bloke looks at where Doyle is first and then stamps on him. It was disgusting. I’ve got no real issue with Joao getting sent off but for their player to stay on the pitch after that was a disgrace.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Wolves.

I refrained from commenting on the matchday thread because of all the negativity, with some saying the game was over after the sending off. Thank goodness Gary O’Neil and the team were more positive and didn’t throw the towel in.

Do yourself a favour and AVOID the Comms Thread, it’s populated by doom mongers and naysayers !!!

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely love this group of players, had a spell not that long ago where I was losing that real buzz but it is more than back now really look forward to games and watching this group!

Cunha sums up this side real quality but also doesn't stop running. Serious player!
Yep, Cunha terrific. He put a serious shift in again.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How did the away fans sound?

Got a very hoarse voice this morning.
Loud, very loud. For the second time this season at that place. We own the Gtech now. Loved the bully songs and the relentless jeering and sarcasm at their players. Great job. Hope your voice gets better.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They make more noise on a forum than they do in the stands.

Utterly pathetic club in terms of support and gamesmanship. Never won **** all. Once Toney leaves they will sink and nobody will notice or care.
Small clubs always revert to the mean. They will plummet eventually

Actually quite liked them when we were both battling at the top in League One but the fans and the team are now a mirror of the god awful Frank

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary says Gomes was a red meanwhile Frank says the Doyle one wasn’t. Shows who’s got class and who hasn’t.
Both incidents are bad as each other. Both should of been red cards.

Then we have someone putting hands round neck at the end did VAR turn off by this point? Too many inconsistencies for it to be human error. They tried everything to make Brentford win. Corrupt to the core. Sooner VAR is ran by separate entity we may see some fair decisions. It’s mates backing up their mates. We will never get anything. Especially against a london club let’s not forget that.

Hopefully we make it cheap enough to sell out the replay, 15 adults kids a fiver or something.

Make it hostile and turn them over in style. Brentford now on my hate list and that’s not a good list to be on.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t play if not available for first game

Not necessarily true. It depends on the reason why they weren’t available for the first game. Rule 15 (f) states:-

All players must have been eligible to play in the original tie in order to play in a replayed or postponed match; however a player who has been suspended according to the disciplinary procedures under the Rules of The Association may play in a postponed or replayed match after the term of his suspension has expired

Since Toney was registered, but suspended in the original game then my interpretation is that he can play in a replay if it’s after his suspension has ended. That’s also how the journalists seem to see it.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on. A lot of gold tinted glasses on display.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but the facts of the case are, in Gomes tackle, yes poorly timed and the studs contacted the players leg, he was moving towards the ball. In the tackle on Doyle, the player actually moved his boot away from the ball, opened his stance and aimed at Doyle's leg.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBF he should have been booked as he initially stopped the lad getting the ball back for the corner, which is what caused the scuffle.
Except theres plenty of balls available all round the stadium. Why not just take another one ?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the problem is that whilst there wasn’t much force, so less impactful, that is by pure chance.
The fact is Damsgaard went over the ball and his studs ended up around Doyle’s ankle - an equally poorly timed challenge. Either they are both red, or neither. Personally, I’d say both yellow, but can accept both being red too. I actually feel the Damsgaard one is a worse challenge, but having said that, I don’t feel there needed to be different treatment to Gomes, they should be the same.
I don’t think it’s gold tinted specs necessarily, just frustration at a complete lack of consistency.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the problem is that whilst there wasn’t much force, so less impactful, that is by pure chance.
The fact is Damsgaard went over the ball and his studs ended up around Doyle’s ankle - an equally poorly timed challenge. Either they are both red, or neither. Personally, I’d say both yellow, but can accept both being red too. I actually feel the Damsgaard one is a worse challenge, but having said that, I don’t feel there needed to be different treatment to Gomes, they should be the same.
I don’t think it’s gold tinted specs necessarily, just frustration at a complete lack of consistency.
I have watched both and I agree. Both red or neither red. With todays interpretation I can just about see it as a red for both

However Semedo should have been sent off as well for his brutal attack on poor Lewis Potters hands with his throat. ffs

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
The Lewis****-Potter incident; I rewatched it again on Viaplay now today, and he basically grabbed Nelsons throath with one hand and pushed him backwards with force.
Prior to that there were some handbags (close to the advertising boards) between Lewis-Potter, Semedo and another Brentford player, probably one of the Danes.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I have watched both and I agree. Both red or neither red. With todays interpretation I can just about see it as a red for both

However Semedo should have been sent off as well for his brutal attack on poor Lewis Potters hands with his throat. ffs
I think we can all go along with the Gomes red, as long as the Brentford player gets red too. For him to not even get booked is scandalous.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can all go along with the Gomes red, as long as the Brentford player gets red too. For him to not even get booked is scandalous.
That’s my feeling on it. If there is consistency then either both are red or neither are.

The Semedo one is even more ridiculous. Not been able to raise your hands like that in well over a decade.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said this last season but Brentford are the only fans who cheer winning free kicks and throw ins louder than they actually cheer goals. Yellow cards for opponents and the place erupts.

Honestly the most tin pot club I’ve ever encountered. Even worse than Reading.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sums Brentford up completely
View attachment 39567

It does indeed sum them up. Silent as a mouse the entire game, despite a sell out crowd and leading for a large part of the game. By contrast the Wolves fans were loud and proud the entire game, even when we were 1-0 down. Barely believable that their own supporters would call out Wolves fans for being too passionate!

Back
Top Bottom