Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Magnificent - Brentford Verdict Thread

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Not seen it yet again but, from where we were it looked like a dive from that head banded Brentford player. Ref was in a perfect place to see. Shows how **** the ref was to give it.

Seen Semedo's post so probably true.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As well as the superb effort from our lads, there was no shortage of quality on display either.

GON continues to astound me. He is doing a fantastic job.

No doubt there will be downs as well as ups in the second half of the season, but the way he has us playing gives me great hope and delight.

el gringo

Reaction score
How did the away fans sound?

Got a very hoarse voice this morning.
I was thinking of posting on here to thank the away fans for the terrific support. I was at work and listened to some of the commentary on the club web site.

You were very audible right from the beginning, with the Lemina song for starters. Without knowing, a listener might have guessed you were the home fans. Amazing.

I have to believe that you played a big part in lifting the players.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The consequences are largely irrelevant. It's the offence itself. Gomes makes a genuine attempt to play the ball. He was stretching and missed and caught the player, but he kept his foot at ball height. It's not a red for me, but in today's climate it's not that surprising. I think many refs give a yellow for it though.

The Daamsgard incident was malicious. He's nowhere near the ball and forcefully plants his studs on Tommy's upper ankle/shin in stamping motion and had potential to cause much worse damage than Gomes tackle. As clear a red card as you'll see.
I disagree. I think it's crazy to call Damsgaard a red and say Gomes wasn't as bad. Gomes stamps down with power, from a position he was almost likely never going to catch the ball. It was a terrible challenge as far as I'm concerned. Damsgaard's wasn't great either, but there was nowhere near as much power behind it as Gomes. There's a reason Gomes didn't really argue.

The fact that there bloke got injured and Doyle didn’t has no relevance though. If you watch both clips back, Gomes is going for the ball and gets it wrong, their bloke looks at where Doyle is first and then stamps on him. It was disgusting. I’ve got no real issue with Joao getting sent off but for their player to stay on the pitch after that was a disgrace.
Sure, injuries are supposed to have no relevance, but they probably do anyway.

The level of power behind both instances are different to me. I'm okay if you give Damsgaard a red (especially considering how close it was the Gomes red), but I think Gomes' tackle was far worse because of the power behind it. Regardless, the Damsgaard foul should have been something and the throat around the neck should have been an automatic red with a follow-up hearing after the game. Maybe I'm letting Damsgaard off a little a easy saying it's not as bad, but it's crazy to me that people will call it a red while at the same time saying Gomes shouldn't have been sent off.

Last edited:

Heathrow wolf

Reaction score
This team and these players give everything for our famous colours. I am incredibly proud of them. We have our club back.
Absolutely agree. Sitting in the main stand it was incredible how the Wolves fans behind the goal roared on the players and how the players responded both individually and as a team.

Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned Nuno's team but last night with 10 men, the togetherness of the squad really shone through.

I recall a motto from somewhere "Out of darkness cometh light!"

Last night the light shone bright like a diamond, like a diamond in the sky!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? It was a red. Even GON said he understands the red.

The worst part, for me, was the stuff with Semedo at the end. Bonkers how that was let go.
I only questioned it because last night everyone seemed to be saying, it was unfair treatment and not consistent, but if that’s changed. of course and appeal would not be necessary..

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did we find out why Bueno, Dawson and Bentley were missing from the squad?

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour and AVOID the Comms Thread, it’s populated by doom mongers and naysayers !!!
Totally agree. The Comms Thread is a corner of the dark web where all hope and reason is forsaken. Unless Wolves are 5-0 up with two minutes to go, it is inhabited by particularly hysterical and pessimistic mixers intent on howling at the moon.

bully9

Reaction score
I said this last season but Brentford are the only fans who cheer winning free kicks and throw ins louder than they actually cheer goals. Yellow cards for opponents and the place erupts.

Honestly the most tin pot club I’ve ever encountered. Even worse than Reading.
Nothing is worse than reading sorry

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. The Comms Thread is a corner of the dark web where all hope and reason is forsaken. Unless Wolves are 5-0 up with two minutes to go, it is inhabited by particularly hysterical and pessimistic mixers intent on howling at the moon.
It's where the emotionally incontinent go to die.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real togetherness in this team. Remarkable what GON is achieving despite a highly respected, highly experienced, elite level coach saying he can’t work with this group and needs more.
Never thought I'd ever utter these words but if you gave me the choice of GON or Lopetegui now I'd keep Gazza and his ipad every day of the week

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always go to it after the end of the match and with knowledge of what happens have a good laugh

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very interesting that Ty Barnett has got on the bench recently. He must be rated by ONeil as he hasnt featured much for u21s recently. He is very talented though.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Very interesting that Ty Barnett has got on the bench recently. He must be rated by ONeil as he hasnt featured much for u21s recently. He is very talented though.
Picked up an injury in one of the international cup games and is just back fit.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love reading it after a game. It’s hysterical reading adults absolutely losing their minds for 90 minutes and swaying from “we’re relegation fodder, he’s a PE teacher” to “get the passports out, europes on he’s better than Fergie”

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love reading it after a game. It’s hysterical reading adults absolutely losing their minds for 90 minutes and swaying from “we’re relegation fodder, he’s a PE teacher” to “get the passports out, europes on he’s better than Fergie”
The worst part is the 30 minutes before we've even kicked off,

What terrible selection.
Not Semedo, a terrible footballer.
How come we don't play 4 at the back.
The bench is paper thin.
Kilman is too slow, how come he's captain.
I've been saying for years we need a number 9, we never score goals.
Repeat, echo chamber, repeat.

Etc. Etc.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real togetherness in this team. Remarkable what GON is achieving despite a highly respected, highly experienced, elite level coach saying he can’t work with this group and needs more.
That highly respected, highly experienced, elite level coach has gone down a notch or three imo, especially in the highly respected area!

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Brentford fans, I was at the G Tech when we beat them 2-1 in Jan 22, had a ticket sitting by myself in the home end and within 5 minutes made the judgement call that I could freely support Wolves with no adverse consequence for me. I was right. Says it all really, have never done that anywhere else.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Brentford fans, I was at the G Tech when we beat them 2-1 in Jan 22, had a ticket sitting by myself in the home end and within 5 minutes made the judgement call that I could freely support Wolves with no adverse consequence for me. I was right. Says it all really, have never done that anywhere else.
The only time I have done this was in the Kop of all places. Doherty's debut under Mick, Lost 2-1. For all I hate that club, they have the pre match atmosphere down to an art, and it was a privilege to see it form there.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only time I have done this was in the Kop of all places. Doherty's debut under Mick, Lost 2-1. For all I hate that club, they have the pre match atmosphere down to an art, and it was a privilege to see it form there.
What do you mean that was the only time you’ve sat in the home end or did you celebrate in there - brave man if you did!

I’ve done it (sat in away end) a few times tbf hard to score away tickets when you go irregularly. Done it at Villa Park a few times.

NJ Wolves

Reaction score
For my first ever match my dad (Notts County supporter) took me to Griffin Park early 90s when I was about 7 or 8. Sat in the home end, Notts equalized with virtually the last kick of the game. Vaguely remember it being a bit dicey on the way out lol

Back
Top Bottom