Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
All the enthusiasm after turning over a top 4 French team at the weekend gone! How can they not see that we are literally the 2 or 3 signings that he wants away from being a very good side?! This all has to fall on Shi surely so if anybody leaves it should be him….especially if he replaces JL with O’Neill!…I mean really?!!! For gods sake please Guo find JL what he needs and sort this mess out!!!!

Andi130

Reaction score
It’s like a car crash being played in slow-motion. Everyone can see what’s coming.

Brighton at home: an absolute thumping and mass disapproval from the fans.

O’Neil out by Christmas.

I’d be staggered if this ended any other way tbh.
Based on the mistakes they made with Lage(season 2), I don't even see him reaching Xmas. Think this might end up being the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of fans. The Boos won't be pleasant. The only way he stand any change is 2 wins and maybe a draw in the first 6 games....and doesn't revert to his Bournmouth style of play, which was absolutely dire BTW.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
reading elsewhere that club and lop will teach a financial settlement and he’ll go, various sites, probably bs but if true just shows what a **** show we are

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I don’t wish to be argumentative but, only sauce to go on a bacon sandwich is daddies brown sauce
Always preferred HP, but my mom thought it was too expensive and we got Daddies, ever since had a hatred for Daddies, even though my Mom swears I love it and keeps a bottle in, just in case I pop in for a bacon sarnie!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said, I'd be amazed if we didn't sign a single player. Not once have the club said that - it's just media speculation to fuel the fire.

Feel free to bookmark it and call me out on it on September 1st!
7v3n16.gif

jeb01

Reaction score
He's actually on holiday in Vale do Lobo, Portugal. He was on a table next to my friend yesterday, but it was before all this news broke!!
Can you ask your mate if O’Neil spent most of his time on his mobile taking calls from China?
Lopetegui has his own agenda as manager, and I have no problem at all with that as basically he wants to strengthen the team.
Making it all as public as he has is a different matter and must be destabilising the squad.
As others have said, if the price of keeping Lopetegui and his staff in place is £40m or thereabouts on a couple of players, you’d expect Fosun to go that far, unless the losses (yet to be announced) for last year are greater than the rumours of around £80m, and the FFP situation is therefore worse than thought.
Who knows, but the current situation is not doing any good and needs to be resolved asap.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For ****'s sake they could buy Elvedi for what they'll have to pay JL and his team to go

Does Shi seriously think that Cunha, Nunes, Neto and the rest of them won't see O'Neil for the League 1 manager he clearly is?

He barely speaks English, let alone Spanish or Portuguese.
All 3 of them should be worried about their performances on the pitch rather than who's their manager. Cause they all looked way above their hands for most of last season.

Reaction score
Why would the club need to reach a financial settlement if he's under contract. He is chooses to walk surely he is entitled to naf all

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'Neil's work at Bournemouth last season was grudgingly admired on this forum because most of us had them as nailed-on for the Championship. He was also admired for allegedly wanting support there and not getting it, thus the falling out (I stress "allegedly").

Now he's being written off as a walking "yes Jeff, no Jeff" disaster by some.

Yes, he wouldn't necessarily be anyone's automatic choice but in my book at least he did a good job there, resurrecting some such as Solanke who seemed to be on the slippery downward slope, and playing some half-decent footie given the constraints he was working under (no £40 million signings in January IIRC).

Que Sera.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont see much hate toward O'Neiil here. In fact I think most including myself have sympathy for the guy.
But you cant honestly think that what he did at Bournemouth qualifies him for the job at Wolves? 39 points from 36 games isnt exactly a major achievement
And with regards to working with the players. He was there already coaching them, when appointed. Its not like they were strangers to him. He knew the squad, their strenghts and weaknesses.
I don't get how people don't see what he did at Bournemouth as a miracle with the squad he had.
We have been an established midtable club now for 5 years. Bournemouth had just come up and had a squad of players that was described by the manager as not good enough for the league.
It's crazy we have players like nunes and could spend 45 million on Cunha and people think that taking our midtable squad and getting midtable form from it is a miracle, and staying up with the shower at Bournemouth isn't.

Reactions: Ian

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only the phrase "What an absolute ****ing shambles" hadn't been so overused at the drop of a hat these past couple of years and it had been saved especially for this occasion.

Even the most fervent Shi/Fosun advocates must privately be muttering it to themselves right about now.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what I get from this thread is if Lopetegui uses the media to his advantage its "what a ****" or "who does this Spaniard think he is" but when the club do it thou are holier than the almighty. From some posters.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the mistakes they made with Lage(season 2), I don't even see him reaching Xmas. Think this might end up being the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of fans. The Boos won't be pleasant. The only way he stand any change is 2 wins and maybe a draw in the first 6 games....and doesn't revert to his Bournmouth style of play, which was absolutely dire BTW.
So was Lopetegui's until pre season. Let's be honest.

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Monday - news breaks on the future for Lopitegui
Tuesday - Jeff and Julen meet in the Lamborghini
Wednesday - Julen's contract is in the bin
Thursday - Jeff goes and gets Gary in
Friday - Agents are already on the phone
Saturday - Players start pack up their home
Sunday - Training at Compton is pretty lonely
Monday - Scott goes for £15m - "my god, if only"

Craig David is rubbish these days

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
whats the ****ing point honestly, wish we had just got relegated last season now tbh. all this false hope and potential was for nothing. i actually felt excited about Wolves after seeing us pre-season - that we would actually go at teams and score a few goals. they can all get to **** for all im concerned

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Asking for a sub £10m defender, a promising Championship young prospect and a striker (in the mould of Che Adams or Antonio as linked) shouldn't be too tasking for a club with 5 consecutive seasons of PL money, especially after the sales and wage bill trimming we've made.

There's a reason O'Neill would be his replacement and that's because no decent coach with reputation would want this poisoned chalice.
260 million more than we've brought in (without wages, etc, etc). But yeah, another 50-60 million is nothing after already 90 million more than we've spent in transfers the last 12 months.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he won't walk because he wants a payout. Haha. Watch him end up in Saudi now.

Thanks for keeping us up, but clearly we should have expected this after him turning us down twice before finally taking the job.
Not to be a dick, but I can't hardly blame someone wanting to be paid for their time, especially as they've been lied to, several times.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
So he won't walk because he wants a payout. Haha. Watch him end up in Saudi now.

Thanks for keeping us up, but clearly we should have expected this after him turning us down twice before finally taking the job.
Is this not what he did at Sevilla, did not get his own way so pulled a tantrum, would not resign and waited to be sacked?

Back
Top Bottom