Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to be a dick, but I can't hardly blame someone wanting to be paid for their time, especially as they've been lied to, several times.
This isn’t a payment for his time.. this is a payment to get him to **** off and shut up.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
everything-is.gif

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see any other outcome but relegation under Gary O'Neil. Shi must be removed before he's allowed to make that call.
The point is that presumably Fosun cannot afford for us to be relegated. I would assume the club would then be worth about a quarter of what it is now. For an investment company that would be a disaster. Either they would be taking a massive gamble on O'Neill keeping us up or egos and emotions are running so high at the moment, that all form of logic has gone out of the window. It is difficult to see either Jeff or Julen backing down, and and it is going to be very interesting to see how this pans out.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lop has been lied to repeatably, why would you want to stay working for someone like Shi?
I am not defending Shi, but I have no nice worlds for Lopetegui either. How people think it’s okay to act like he has, when he had money to spend and is being paid well.. is beyond me.

He clearly doesn’t want to be here.. otherwise he would get on with his job.

The man is a slimy snake.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a staggering display of mismanagement by the club. Simply staggering. And what a staggering display of self-interest by Lopetegui. Truly atrocious. They should all rot in hell and leave us alone. We and Wolves will still be here long after all these c**** have been resigned to history.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get how people don't see what he did at Bournemouth as a miracle with the squad he had.
We have been an established midtable club now for 5 years. Bournemouth had just come up and had a squad of players that was described by the manager as not good enough for the league.
It's crazy we have players like nunes and could spend 45 million on Cunha and people think that taking our midtable squad and getting midtable form from it is a miracle, and staying up with the shower at Bournemouth isn't.
But there's no guarantee that a manager getting a team of poorer players to overperfom would necessarily do better with a better set of players. In fact there's a case to be make, that some managers are better suited to some tasks than others. Warnock is probably a better Championship manager than many coaches and better European clubs would ever be.
You say it yourself - We're in a different and in some ways better place, than Bournemouth was. So what is there to suggest he's the right guy to move as forward, as there really isnt any comparison to be made between the team he managed there and ours?

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am not defending Shi, but I have no nice worlds for Lopetegui either. How people think it’s okay to act like he has, when he had money to spend and is being paid well.. is beyond me.

He clearly doesn’t want to be here.. otherwise he would get on with his job.

The man is a slimy snake.
In full agreement. This is not the way to act. He obviously has a Saudi club lined up.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My employer recently announced a head count freeze for the rest of 2023 due to lower than expected financial performance. I was starting the recruitment process to expand my team when it was announced and that has been put on hold.

Maybe I should find a way to moan about this publicly and drag my employers name through the mud. It appears that that is an acceptable thing to do.
You cannot compare a corporate business to the world of football club and squad building.

They aren’t even close to comparable as the environments, work and kpi metrics for
Success and failure are different.

CologneWolf

Reaction score

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sad state of affairs really.

Fosun no doubt have a big part to play in this but at the end of the day the financial security of the club comes well above the whims of a manager. The way Lopetegui has handled the whole situation is extremely poor. Either get on with your job or leave. Seems like he just wants that juicy payout.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bye bye Julen Lopetegui, don’t let the door hit your **** on the way out. I don’t think either side come out of it well but I support wolves not a manager who at the first sign of trouble does all his talking through the press. Whatever your opinion he has left us just before the start of the season - he doesn’t give a flying **** about us, just his reputation.

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
What a ride it's been but sadly looks like this is the beginning of the end of the FOSUN era.

Fans won't (and shouldn't) forgive this **** up by FOSUN / Jeff, incredible how badly they've mismanaged this situation after chasing JL for years. Shi needs to go without a doubt, FOSUN should pack up and sell up too. JL doesn't come out of this with much credit either, feel for him as he's been lied to and mis-sold but the way he's been so public with anything and left it until 6 days before the season starts whilst constantly belittling the players we have and claiming they aren't good enough has been miserable to watch and I'd have expected better from such a well paid and experienced manager.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a staggering display of mismanagement by the club. Simply staggering. And what a staggering display of self-interest by Lopetegui. Truly atrocious. They should all rot in hell and leave us alone. We and Wolves will still be here long after all these c**** have been resigned to history.
I've been watching Wolves since 1958 and the last few weeks is the worst period during this time. Shi and JL should be ashamed of them selves. Sad times.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And some posters like myself were almost laughed at for panicking when we saw this mess a good month or two ago

Far from happy to be proved right, but the point is and the thing that makes me so angry is the writing has been on the wall for years

This goes above Lopetegui, above Nuno, above the players.

The decision making at this club since May 2019 has been nothing but disgraceful.

From a position of qualification to the Europa League, we have stood still. It has taken 4 years for that to have gotten us to where we find ourselves today, but frankly - we are sleep walking our way right back to the Championship.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But there's no guarantee that a manager getting a team of poorer players to overperfom would necessarily do better with a better set of players. In fact there's a case to be make, that some managers are better suited to some tasks than others. Warnock is probably a better Championship manager than many coaches and better European clubs would ever be.
You say it yourself - We're in a different and in some ways better place, than Bournemouth was. So what is there to suggest he's the right guy to move as forward, as there really isnt any comparison to be made between the team he managed there and ours?
I would like to see more young English managers get the chance, rather than us pitching for a bloke like Iraola that has got the Spanish playing a physical 4-4-2 for a couple of years in the Spanish league.
And you know, I'm not convinced from his 4-3-3 insistence that Lopetegui is the best guy right now to manage us. There are certain things he has got us doing well and I'd thank him for that, but if he walks out tomorrow meh.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just makes you wonder why Lopetegui caved in and came to Wolves? That much persuading to then kick off this much with a club that everyone must know hasn't got the biggest turnover in the world.
Have things with FFP etc changed that much since December for Lopetegui to have not realised? There has to be either Lopetegui or the Jeff to blame for this mess.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lop has been lied to repeatably, why would you want to stay working for someone like Shi?
We have no idea what's been said, you're just taking his side because that's the side you want to take. The fact is Wolves spent a ridiculous amount of money in the last 12 months, including committing to money for this year. Even with the 40+ million profit this window, we've still spent close to 100 million more in the last 12 months. Why would Fosun keep investing blindly? They've bought 240 million worth of players in the last 12 months and what did it get them? 7 points off relegation.

And it's not like they haven't agreed to commit to investments this season either. They just don't want to commit to money this window. At least from sources/rumours. Rumours all point towards that we have tried to buy, just without up front money and teams have rejected that. As we saw in January with Gomes, Wolves are stubborn in tranfers talks. Elvedi and Scott many very well have still come, just later in the window, if the teams panicked and decided it was the best offer they were getting.

Back
Top Bottom