Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s amazing how optimistic I was at the weekend but this news (if true) has completely reversed all that. All this unrest will filter to the players and if we lose the first two games Molineux won’t be a very nice place to be.

Can you imagine the players, having had a great pre season working with the backroom team and a top manager and all of a sudden they’re facing working with Gary ****ing O’Neill.

This has the potential to implode here, we need to get Lopetegui to stay at all costs.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
A lot of people are blaming Shi but the problem is higher up Shi is just a puppet that is told what to do and what to say.Fosun have become a complete Joke hiring a manager like Lopetegui and then completely stop spending is a complete farce.Fosun need to sell up they say they are completely committed to Wolves well the evidence suggests otherwise.
Having listened to the Philips podcast my opinion has changed somewhat. I'd say it's not down to Shi lying, it's not down to Fosun internally deciding to change their strategy, it's down to Chinese government policy. This has been a danger from day 1 to be fair.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have relocated 3 times through work. I have lived away from my wife for long periods during the relocations. During these periods I've felt like the role wasn't all it had been sold to be. I've also worked on major projects which have saved companies significant losses.

I can safely say that I wouldn't consider doing anything that Julen has done, no matter how well paid or public the position was. For that reason, I refuse to accept that he is the reasonable one in this dynamic. They all seem pretty unreasonable to me.
Well I worked for Caterpillar years ago and they decided to put locks on the toilets and we were advised to go to the media and when management found out the locks came down quicker than a prostitutes knickers so while you might be like that doesn't mean everyone else is.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People saying Lopetegui is leaving us in a mess at the worst possible time, do realize that could've been avoided by Shi having been honest to him in February, and then again when they had those talks in June. The fact that we are where we are now is, that lies and empt promises had been made to him. That really isnt his fault...

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty much a certainty that we will still bring in Elvedi or someone similar as 3rd/4th choice CB.

We may even get Scott - who knows. I would be astounded if we don't make any signings at all, but I don't think it would be the disaster we all think it would.

Whether that is enough for JL is the question that nobody knows the answer to

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guardian article seems to suggest it’s further along than we thought.

I’m ****ed off JL has waited this late in the summer to walk. Thank you for keeping us up, forever grateful for that, but in my eyes the position he’s leaving us in is basically where he picked us up, only we now have near £100m less to spend than he was given.
I hope when you were reading the Guardian you kindly donated a large amount of cash to their daily begging bowl. If the paper wasn't backed by a trust it would have gone years ago as it's readership is tiny.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having listened to the Philips podcast my opinion has changed somewhat. I'd say it's not down to Shi lying, it's not down to Fosun internally deciding to change their strategy, it's down to Chinese government policy. This has been a danger from day 1 to be fair.

I think this was clear last summer no signings no signings and then millions out of nowhere, will always happen especially in the global economy currently they would cut back.

To compete now you need an owner that has deep pockets and the club is a spending toy not a functional business for them.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd imagine we will have a few players that are here now thinking who is this bloke? Is it possible I could play for someone better still?
Yeah I think so too..
And this is not players lacking respect for the club. But players like most people are ambitious, and want to be as good as possible. If they dont feel like than can be achieved here, they'll want to move.

Clipboard

Reaction score
Most agree we need three new players to have a squad that is as good as we could realistically expect.

Elvedi is mentioned as the centre-back, for around £8m.
If Scott is too expensive, it's a shame, but okay. You can easily get a versatile midfielder for around the £8-10m mark.
We then need a striker, again, the £8-10m mark would be fine.

At best, that's a £30m outlay. Realistically, you could make it a lot cheaper. Elvedi has to be bought because he has a year left on his deal, but you could make the other two loans or loans with obligations, if you had to.

In fact, we may get by until January without a striker. Some will disagree, but you could make a case that Cunha, Silva, Sasa, Hwang is acceptable for 3-4 months and see how it goes.

So, at best, they're going to knowingly make us worse for the sake of £20-30m??

That's all we need, after raising £90m in transfers (Podence, Jonny could still go to add to that). Yet that's not possible?

Instead, we're going to spend millions to sack Lopetegui and his staff. Pay more money, but a lot less to bring in O'Neil and his staff. What on earth are they thinking?

Let's be honest, there's a very real chance O'Neil is sacked and you end up spending more. Then what happens in January when we're inevitably in a relegation fight? Do we spend then? It will just bring the question, why not do it now?

If they are serious about us, giving Lopetegui £20m this summer should be the easiest decision they ever make.

This is either a massive ego trip from Shi, who can't take that someone has stood up to him. Or Fosun are skint beyond belief and everything he said about us being a part of their long-term plans is a lie.

Anyway, the big losers are us. We've effectively signed our relegation within the next two years under O'Neil and we'll end up spending more money trying to stay up in that period.
This is a great post. Totally agree mate.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
We are very close to being a very good side, imho.
I don’t condone JL going to the press but it is Shi that has mis-managed the finances and JL that kept us up.
This is a Shi..t show.
I was really looking forward to the ManUre game after our performance against Rennes, now I am bricking it.

Have we mismanaged finances OR did we need to throw alot of money around in January to give us a better chance of staying up?

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I worked for Caterpillar years ago and they decided to put locks on the toilets and we were advised to go to the media and when management found out the locks came down quicker than a prostitutes knickers so while you might be like that doesn't mean everyone else is.

I'm assuming the locks were to prevent you going to the toilet, rather than you all being perverts?

If Wolves were violating Lopetegui's human or employment rights, I'd have no problem with him going public. That isn't the case here though.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I think so too..
And this is not players lacking respect for the club. But players like most people are ambitious, and want to be as good as possible. If they dont feel like than can be achieved here, they'll want to move.
I think a couple of these like Silva and Ait Nouri that have done well in pre season, but have been linked with a move elsewhere, might well be on the blower to their agents again before that window shuts for starters?

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
As previous posters have noted, the Graun article doesn't actually present any new information. No change from what we already know, other than they are willing to report on it. But it's been slow in the football world recently, so maybe it's all smoke with no fire

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of people are blaming Shi but the problem is higher up Shi is just a puppet that is told what to do and what to say.Fosun have become a complete Joke hiring a manager like Lopetegui and then completely stop spending is a complete farce.Fosun need to sell up they say they are completely committed to Wolves well the evidence suggests otherwise.
Thats my take too.
Fair point if they need to pull the plug on finances due to poltics or whatever.
But then do everything they can to sell club, if they really care about Wolves.
What they do now, could potentially undo all their good work, and in worst case, leaves us worse off, than when they came.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should we pay anything. Let him walk if he wants to go.

if we pay him to go it just does not make any ****ing sense.
I honestly think Shi wants him gone no matter what tbh the relationship has completely disappeared!

This is all embarrassing from the club we are a complete mess!
The season starts this week ffs.

We are going backwards at an alarming rate if O'Neil is appointed I wonder what the likes of Nunes,Cunha, Silva and Gomes etc will think no way will they want to hang around for long!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most agree we need three new players to have a squad that is as good as we could realistically expect.

If Scott is too expensive, it's a shame, but okay. You can easily get a versatile midfielder for around the £8-10m mark.

At best, that's a £30m outlay. Realistically, you could make it a lot cheaper. Elvedi has to be bought because he has a year left on his deal, but you could make the other two loans or loans with obligations, if you had to.

In fact, we may get by until January without a striker. Some will disagree, but you could make a case that Cunha, Silva, Sasa, Hwang is acceptable for 3-4 months and see how it goes.

That's all we need, after raising £90m in transfers (Podence, Jonny could still go to add to that). Yet that's not possible?

Instead, we're going to spend millions to sack Lopetegui and his staff. Pay more money, but a lot less to bring in O'Neil and his staff. What on earth are they thinking?

Let's be honest, there's a very real chance O'Neil is sacked and you end up spending more. Then what happens in January when we're inevitably in a relegation fight? Do we spend then? It will just bring the question, why not do it now?

If they are serious about us, giving Lopetegui £20m this summer should be the easiest decision they ever make.

This is either a massive ego trip from Shi, who can't take that someone has stood up to him. Or Fosun are skint beyond belief and everything he said about us being a part of their long-term plans is a lie.

Anyway, the big losers are us. We've effectively signed our relegation within the next two years under O'Neil and we'll end up spending more money trying to stay up in that period.
You can’t actually describe how crazy this is

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m ****ed off JL has waited this late in the summer to walk. Thank you for keeping us up, forever grateful for that, but in my eyes the position he’s leaving us in is basically where he picked us up, only we now have near £100m less to spend than he was given.
He's left it this late because it has become clear beyond doubt that he won't get the signings he needs. He almost left earlier but was persuaded to stay. This was presumably because they struck an agreement on a more modest transfer plan. This was in turn taken away from him. What we're seeing is an ambitious manager reaching his breaking point.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope when you were reading the Guardian you kindly donated a large amount of cash to their daily begging bowl. If the paper wasn't backed by a trust it would have gone years ago as it's readership is tiny.

I used to work there whilst the move to go for a free to read model was gathering pace.

Guardian subs currently bring in £82m vs the Telegraph’s £58m… plus the Aus and US subs growing rapidly. It’s not doing too badly ATM.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I thought Hobbs had a bit more about him to go for O Neil
Beale was Hobbs recommendation. Who else other than O’Neil is there that wouldn’t cost much and wouldn’t whinge about lack of signings?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a couple of these like Silva and Ait Nouri that have done well in pre season, but have been linked with a move elsewhere, might well be on the blower to their agents again before that window shuts for starters?

Absolutely....
Fortunately we've the likes of Antonio and Creswell lined up by Hobbs to replace them.....

Monswolf

Reaction score
mark my words if JL goes then expect to see Nunes, Max and possibly Neto leave before the transfer window closes with no one coming in. We will be told all is rosey as we have planned for this and the likes of Traore and Gomes were brought in for this exact reason.

Fosun need to sell and need to sell soon, we are going to be heading in one direction under O'Neil and that's down to the chump

And unlike others that have gone down and spent to get back up don't expect that either we will be stung another line of how we need to comply with FFP

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah.. and I think this is where it falls down for me.

Fosun aren’t stupid. If it really only took 20mill investment to keep JL happy, they would do it. The costs of not doing it, are too large.

It’s becoming clear to me JL never really wanted the job and doesn’t want to be here. He’s using the media to engineer his story, because he already has a reputation for being a snake, so wants to lay blame elsewhere.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rangers lost at the weekend… Mick Beale anybody?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, it's 11/30. JL must be at Compton by now.

Even the most incompetent **** - that's you by the way, Jeff - must see that this needs resolving one way or the other by the end of today. The fans, the players and the club staff are entitled to a decision.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to have to eat some serious humble pie, aren't I? Was adamant he wouldn't walk but I'm not so sure after the last 24 hours.
Is he walking or is he being pushed ?

Back
Top Bottom