Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuchel, Pochettino, Lopetegui, Zidane, Villas-Boas... some big names out there. How many of them would realistically come to Wolves, even with the quality of our current squad?

I'll bet at least 3 of those 5 are in jobs by October, stick or twist?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuchel, Pochettino, Lopetegui, Zidane, Villas-Boas... some big names out there. How many of them would realistically come to Wolves, even with the quality of our current squad?

Realistically none of them would entertain us.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1 at most.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 at most.
AVB and Lopetegui I think would. Zidane unlikely, but Fosun almost enticed him with the Bordeaux job years ago when they almost took them over, so you never know. Tuchel complete pipe dream, extremely unlikely. Pochettino I don't know, but him flopping at PSG means his next job most likely won't be at an elite club, so I don't think it's that unrealistic.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked like he needed a break to re charge the batteries but if Lage does go he must be the favourite to replace him.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Yes but surely we can’t get work permits while Dean Saunders And Solskaer are available? Must protect the jobs of hard working Brits and stop bringing in Johnny Foreigner……or sam Allardyce….? lots of top Brits need jobs.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only just realised how good his Sevilla reign has been

Played: 165
Won: 89
Drew: 42
Lost: 34
GF: 242
GA: 154

Win percentage of 53.94%

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turned us down twice but Fosun are keen on him.

Turning us down implies he wouldn't come to Wolves, however I think the two situations you're referring to (unless you know of others) are more of a case of him wanted to take a seemingly better option (Spain international managers job and then staying at Sevilla this summer) - on either count I can't blame him, but I also wouldn't take it as he'd not come to us.

For those closer to his tactics, would he have been better off joining us with the players we used to have (ie those more suited to 5 at the back) or now we've supposed changed tac to 4 at the back, would it still work?

Is he a manager to adapt a system to the players he has or does he have a regular system in which the players need to suit that system?

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On the turned us down twice front, he has also accepted coming to us as well, whilst we were a Championship club, bit obviously decided against when the National Team came in.

If Morgan hadn't haggled over some of the land around Compton over and over and delayed the deal, he'd have been our Manager in that first Fosun year.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Turning us down implies he wouldn't come to Wolves, however I think the two situations you're referring to (unless you know of others) are more of a case of him wanted to take a seemingly better option (Spain international managers job and then staying at Sevilla this summer) - on either count I can't blame him, but I also wouldn't take it as he'd not come to us.

For those closer to his tactics, would he have been better off joining us with the players we used to have (ie those more suited to 5 at the back) or now we've supposed changed tac to 4 at the back, would it still work?

Is he a manager to adapt a system to the players he has or does he have a regular system in which the players need to suit that system?
Yep agreed and I think I remember reading he was interested in the project Fosun was doing but he wanted the Spain job. I think like Nuno he stagnated and needs a new project.

17miles

Reaction score
Schmidt, the new Benfica coach is on Chelseas list

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only just realised how good his Sevilla reign has been

Played: 165
Won: 89
Drew: 42
Lost: 34
GF: 242
GA: 154

Win percentage of 53.94%
Considering he has more than a top4 squad in terms of La Liga standards, they’ve been very average and the football has been awfully boring for the most part since around the turn of the year or so:

Played: 22
Won: 5
Drew: 12
Lost: 5
GF: 25
GA: 25

Lots of 0-0 or 1-1 draws, and this is with a top 4 quality team for the respective league as I say

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he does indeed leave Sevilla I suspect he will be our manager by the time the next transfer window rolls around.

Back
Top Bottom