Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And some posters like myself were almost laughed at for panicking when we saw this mess a good month or two ago

Far from happy to be proved right, but the point is and the thing that makes me so angry is the writing has been on the wall for years

This goes above Lopetegui, above Nuno, above the players.

The decision making at this club since May 2019 has been nothing but disgraceful.

From a position of qualification to the Europa League, we have stood still. It has taken 4 years for that to have gotten us to where we find ourselves today, but frankly - we are sleep walking our way right back to the Championship.
Not just laughed at mate…. Attacked on a personal level……

Some of us called these issues out last summer! The signs were there, harder to see but were there.

Fosun are an investment company who in jeffs letter admitted they can’t properly or well invest in players and even worse admitted that they made mistakes with the finances.

Calling it a mess is a very polite understatement

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has a manager ever shafted the same team twice on the eve of a new season before?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been watching Wolves since 1958 and the last few weeks is the worst period during this time. Shi and JL should be ashamed of them selves. Sad times.
Why do people say this every year? It is ridiculous considering the amount of mismanagement over that 65 year period.

I have been supporting wolves since about the 90s and this doesn't even get in the top 20 rank bad mismanagement moments.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just makes you wonder why Lopetegui caved in and came to Wolves? That much persuading to then kick off this much with a club that everyone must know hasn't got the biggest turnover in the world.
Have things with FFP etc changed that much since December for Lopetegui to have not realised? There has to be either Lopetegui or the Jeff to blame for this mess.
We should have known from the start. He didn't REALLY want to be here.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coming to the end of the road with Fosun me thinks.

The atmosphere will be vile next season.

The ticket pricing was an horrendous move and there was no need for it. That will come home to roost with interest now.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL leaving is bad enough, a manager with credentials we could only dream of and kept us up when we looked dead and buried but to replace him with Gary O'Neill. I don't mind not spending any or much money for a window as with the right manager at the helm we have got some very talented players but this change so late in the day to then replace him with an unproven quantity is alarming to say the least. I can't imagine Nunes, Silva and co are foaming at the mouth of the thought of Gary O'Neill.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just makes you wonder why Lopetegui caved in and came to Wolves? That much persuading to then kick off this much with a club that everyone must know hasn't got the biggest turnover in the world.
Have things with FFP etc changed that much since December for Lopetegui to have not realised? There has to be either Lopetegui or the Jeff to blame for this mess.

Money. Nothing more, nothing less.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes because that is how it works.

We’ve signed Tom King and brought back Doc. And now we are hiring Gary O’Neil.

I thought we were a sixth season PL club.
We are, thanks to Fosun.

(no, I don’t love them to bits either, but facts is facts)

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a complete and utter mess. From Hobbs making a statement 6 weeks ago about having no doubts that JL was going to stay, from JL doing that bloody Ballague interview, from Jeff shifting the goalposts, all to lead up to a change of manager less than a week before the season starts after signing essentially nobody.

Shambles. Terrible. How embarrassing.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Seems like both Jeff and Julen are complicated in this embarrassing turn of events. They can both go for me; never taken to JL anyway. However, for those giving the ownership pelters, would you have rather had Morgan for the last 6 years, or a trip to the Europa?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree it wasn't always pretty, but you got the sense he could make those changes. Ine has European, and world class level CV. The other........hmmmm.
He managed to get the jobs based on his intelligence. I
He started in the top jobs, and if we're honest is falling down without really enhancing his reputation anywhere. Even Sevilla where he did well, everybody seems to do well there.
If he leaves us, whatever his next job his he needs to stick it out, otherwise he'll struggle to find another job at that level. Football management is an insanely competitive job market.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely a communication breakdown between jl and management…

Come on guys, Zeppelin references are way more fun than commenting on what seems to be unfolding
True. This story had been brewing and is disastrous for us, it looks like the levee is about to break, based on Keen's E&S article just published.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Coming to the end of the road with Fosun me thinks.

The atmosphere will be vile next season.

The ticket pricing was an horrendous move and there was no need for it.

Huge pressure on the team to produce results now. Imagine if Liverpool rock up to Molineux for the 5th game and we've managed 0-2 points. As you say, it'll get very nasty very quickly.

T

TheConcourse

Gary O Neill is the Bournemouth equivalent of Steve Davies.

This is insanity. Financial insanity too as far as Fosun are concerned. Beggars belief.
I’m in disbelief. Genuine disbelief.

I’m fine with JL leaving. Toxic relationship. I think we have a decent group of players, and I totally understand that Jeff ****ed up the recruitment process again by not aligning expectations and outcomes.

But Gary O’Neil? You have to be ****ing kidding me.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managers will always want more players, and deeper squads. He should have had that discussion internally.

Then, if he’s turned down for more players then he either resigns or, having made his point, he shuts up and gets on with the job through to the next transfer window - safe in the knowledge that he can always say I told you so.

Then in January, if the situation calls for it we would have to find some money from somewhere to rescue the situation or he resigns if they won’t provide more cash.
Very few if any managers resign anymore.... £££s every time!

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if Jeff brings in O’Neill and gives him a warchest to play with just as a final **** you to JL, I mean with how things have played out currently it wouldn’t surprise me at this point!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary O Neill is the Bournemouth equivalent of Steve Davies.

This is insanity. Financial insanity too as far as Fosun are concerned. Beggars belief.
No it isn't. Gary O Neill won some games making Bournemouth hard to beat. Steve Davies lost a lot of games having made us more open. They are not remotely alike.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, that's at least saved me buying the two tickets for Brighton I had in my basket and probably a few hundred quid at least, because I ain't funding the Fosun **** show any longer.

**** off Fosun

Does it matter who's in charge? Personally, I go to support the team on the pitch regardless.

And I'm not saying that to be all high and mighty.... I genuinely do.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth fans must be loffin their yeds off!

How can we go from Lopetegui to Gary O’Neil. Bournemouth didn’t think he had the required skills and/or experience to push them up the table so why do Wolves? It’s a Beale scenario all over again but this time there will be no Lopetegui to bail them out.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
True. This story had been brewing and is disastrous for us, it looks like the levee is about to break, based on Keen's E&S article just published.
I’d advise Jeff Shi to take a night flight. Over the hills and far away before he is trampled under foot.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
JL looks to be a greedy, selfish individual but Jeff has to take the brunt of the blame. Incompetence over multiple seasons coming home to roost. Get him gone.

Back
Top Bottom