Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all these players going out on loan how are we going to field an u23 side/ squad? We will have virtually no squad. Also who will be 3rd choice keeper at Wolves.

Isnt Marques needed here with the injuries we have in central defence? Uncomfortable that we are weakening the u23's in a big way with no incomings to this squad as yet and also letting our better u23 players go when we are low on numbers in the first team group.

Can understand these loan moves are good for the lads but just concerned we arent strong enough with our various squads to be letting out all these players on loan.
I think my only concern at the moment would be lack of cover for the first team however you can only assume the club know they have incomings.

I don’t mind the u23s being weak as whilst it’s not great to get beaten too much, there is great benefit to both those lads going out and also the lads stepping up from the younger age groups.

Marques, Sondergaard, Corbeanu and Perry are too good for u23s football now… they need to spread their wings. To be honest, had they been fit you could add Richards & Shabani to the list

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree that the u23s look thin of quality in certain positions... Moulden will be 3rd choice.

We also have Shabani, Jordao & Ronan to come back though... probably after the window has closed due to their injuries.

I think we're quite happy to get by in the u23s with what we have, giving chances to younger lads from the academy

Just seems we are very low on numbers in the academy sides. Been looking at a few Premier League sides and quite a few have added u23 signings this summer. As far as I am aware we have added one goalkeeper and already had 4 in the u23's.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think my only concern at the moment would be lack of cover for the first team however you can only assume the club know they have incomings.

I don’t mind the u23s being weak as whilst it’s not great to get beaten too much, there is great benefit to both those lads going out and also the lads stepping up from the younger age groups.

Marques, Sondergaard, Corbeanu and Perry are too good for u23s football now… they need to spread their wings. To be honest, had they been fit you could add Richards & Shabani to the list

I agree that those lads need 1st team football. My issue is no one seems to be replacing any of them in the u23 squad as it stands. Looks a very weak group without these players.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I’d much rather someone like Theo goes out on loan and cuts his teeth playing league football against experienced players, than in the sanitised world of “Premier League 2”. He looked a cut above last season so there’s no real need for him to stay in the U23s this year.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now Austin Samuels is leaving. On loan to Oldham. I reckon some of us lads may get a game in the u23's as there will be no one left at this rate!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our young players are much better off going out on loan and playing real football than playing with the U23s and hoping to make it into a matchday squad with no chance of getting on.

I agree but we do need a decent group of u23's at the club to back the first team up and actually compete in their division and the various cups they are in.

If the amount of players that are going out on loan are to believed then we wouldn't have more than 12 or 13 players in the u23 group.
That cant be right.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our young players are much better off going out on loan and playing real football than playing with the U23s and hoping to make it into a matchday squad with no chance of getting on.
Agreed.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seems we are very low on numbers in the academy sides. Been looking at a few Premier League sides and quite a few have added u23 signings this summer. As far as I am aware we have added one goalkeeper and already had 4 in the u23's.
only added 1 u23 last season & then loaned them out matey.... we're up 1 on last season & (including Sondergaard), I make it 6 u23 keepers.

We have 26 (still at the club) under 23's (inc Sondergaard & mia JJ).... maybe 28 as it looks like Tipton & Birtwistle have been promoted & that's without factoring Ronan & Jordao in. A few will be going out on loan no doubt but we have the numbers, although not many in certain positions.

Looks like they now prefer to push younger lads up earlier & develop them instead.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
only added 1 u23 last season & then loaned them out matey.... we're up 1 on last season & (including Sondergaard), I make it 6 u23 keepers.

We have 26 (still at the club) under 23's (inc Sondergaard & mia JJ).... maybe 28 as it looks like Tipton & Birtwistle have been promoted & that's without factoring Ronan & Jordao in. A few will be going out on loan no doubt but we have the numbers, although not many in certain positions.

Looks like they now prefer to push younger lads up earlier & develop them instead.

Seem to have lack of attacking players from what I can see now all these players are leaving.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Arent our under 18s supposed to be the exceptional group with a lot of talent to come through from there. Didnt they win a competition over the weekend beating some very good teams? Think they will push some of them into the u23s.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arent our under 18s supposed to be the exceptional group with a lot of talent to come through from there. Didnt they win a competition over the weekend beating some very good teams? Think they will push some of them into the u23s.

Some of them will have to step up with all the players going out on loan unless we are bringing in players from outside the club.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they've already pushed a couple of the 2nd yr u18s up already & they'll no doubt push a number of u16's up to cover those that have gone.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seem to have lack of attacking players from what I can see now all these players are leaving.
To be honest @JOSWolf that was something we were lacking last season… only really Samuels (out on loan for some of it), and Carty as strikers. Lee Harkin will probably step up this year and take the place of Samuels.

Anyway, this is diverging into the u18s/u23 thread ;)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s zero value in a player playing in the u23s apart from keeping them fit it’s 100 times better to go on loan to a club that’s going to give them minutes. No one really cares what the results of u23s are.
Very much so for the players! I have to say though, I enjoy watching the occasional u23 game, even if it is infinitely better for the players to go out and experience league football firsthand

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Off topic to the current discussion, but I really want Campana to do well, he showed some good movement in the group stages of Copa America, I want to see him progress but all reports seem to be that he's not doing to great so far, albeit 2 matches in.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Off topic to the current discussion, but I really want Campana to do well, he showed some good movement in the group stages of Copa America, I want to see him progress but all reports seem to be that he's not doing to great so far, albeit 2 matches in.
Love him to do well

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very slow even in the swiss league.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I have no problem in some of our players going out on loan but when we end up being short a number of U18’s will have to swap age groups and like 2/3 years back losing every week isn’t particularly good for their progress .
It will always be a fine balancing act but when we see gaps in the first team squad and a shortage of numbers in the younger age groups I do wonder about the strategy sometimes .

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no problem in some of our players going out on loan but when we end up being short a number of U18’s will have to swap age groups and like 2/3 years back losing every week isn’t particularly good for their progress .
It will always be a fine balancing act but when we see gaps in the first team squad and a shortage of numbers in the younger age groups I do wonder about the strategy sometimes .
I think that's why we're happy to stay in PL2 with the u23s. To be fair I was pleasantly surprised that the u23s had such a good season last year despite half the team being 2nd yr u18 players.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dongda He played the final 4 minutes as Beijing Guoan beat Wuhan 2-1 in the Chinese Super League

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Now Austin Samuels is leaving. On loan to Oldham. I reckon some of us lads may get a game in the u23's as there will be no one left at this rate!
You do realise we have a U18s don't you? We have literally brought the lads loaned out through by them playing above their age group.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
U23 squad including some likely U18s: (not a perfect/complete list but hopefully gives some idea: younger players' ages I know are in brackets)

GK - too many to mention (!)
CB - Agboola, Estrada, Lonwijk (18), Marques (18), Richards
FB/WB - Bueno (18), Matheson, Nya, Scott (18)
MF - Campbell (18), Cundle and also Jordao, Shabani and Ronan
FW - Carty, possibly Harkin (18)

Solid centrally, light up front and not over-stocked in midfield if we discount Jordao and Shabani.

There are other promising youngsters not listed, such as Olly Tipton (17), Owen Hesketh (18) and Faisu Sangare (18).

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
U23 squad including some likely U18s: (not a perfect/complete list but hopefully gives some idea: younger players' ages I know are in brackets)

GK - too many to mention (!)
CB - Agboola, Estrada, Lonwijk (18), Marques (18), Richards
FB/WB - Bueno (18), Matheson, Nya, Scott (18)
MF - Campbell (18), Cundle and also Jordao, Shabani and Ronan
FW - Carty, possibly Harkin (18)

Solid centrally, light up front and not over-stocked in midfield if we discount Jordao and Shabani.

There are other promising youngsters not listed, such as Olly Tipton (17), Owen Hesketh (18) and Faisu Sangare (18).
not sure Sangare is still at the club but Eric Bugarin is another forward who should be in the squad & maybe Joseph Joseph as another cb

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Sangare is still at the club, he and Forrester had their scholarships extended last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom