Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Vs Wolves verdict

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My verdict after reflecting and watching the highlights.

Ultimately Ait Nouri who I tipped to be our top performer this year cost us the game.

Made a mistake for the equaliser and caught out of position for the second.

He will still be a superb player but he must cut out these defensive lapses, I'm sure he will and that he will make up for more than he costs us.

Elsewise the centre halves were comfortable on the whole.

Donck was energetic, though the midfield two were outnumbered.

MGW not a winger and struggled, as did Podence.

Hwang put himself about but lacks that top quality.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Facebook idiots were probably the same ones insisting he needed to be dropped. One of thev many reasons you will never see me handing my personal data out to Zuckerberg

Probably..
I know some of the people calling on Coady on Twitter now certainly wanted him dropped last season

But it's probably typical fans, including myself I guess. We are often quite fickle.

Just hope Lage stands by his decision this time regardless of fan pressure and the fact that change takes time

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
From that performance two sides who I’ll be struggling towards the bottom come crunch time.
First half Hwangs goal sorry but more by luck than judgment.
Their first goal? Well any keeper you could have dragged off Bantock Park on a Sunday would have stopped that. Their second OK in the book as an own goal but unlucky for our lad.
Sorry Bruno you have no idea what to do with that lot. That lot you picked couldn’t have scored in a brothel.
I might be one of the older farts on here but my last post last season said, same old ****, no new players, no chance .

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
From that performance two sides who I’ll be struggling towards the bottom come crunch time.
Their first goal? Well any keeper you could have dragged off Bantock Park on a Sunday would have stopped that. Their second OK in the book as an own goal but unlucky for our lad.
Sorry Bruno you have no idea what to do with that lot. That lot you picked couldn’t have scored in a brothel.
I might be one of the older farts on here but my last post last season said, same old ****, no new players, no chance .
Podence scored not Hwang. Shakes my faith in your judgement a little.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Don't agree. We were the better team until they scored. If Bruno had a crystal ball yes, he might have replaced Hwang with Cundle or Ronan to give Neves and Donk a bit of help. But it's hardly a sackable offence.

You don’t agree? It’s been evident for the second half of last season. You can see the equalizer coming and he doesn’t do anything to help the team. He only makes substitutions once the other team scores.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The result has tarnished a great performance in our first game in a 4

ThT first 20 mins second half is exactly what we e been wanting for 2-3 seasons now
0 goals?

Honestly I'm tired of people banging on about performances that are good for 20 minutes. I am tired of going crazy over nearly. I'm tired of us putting the pressure on knowing it probably isn't going to end up in the net.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pod did really well with the goal,it bounced up awkwardly and high and he did well to hook it in. You don't know what you are talking about.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since when did Hwang score yesterday? More than a little underlines the credibility of your comments.....

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched MOTD I’m a little worried about us still not looking happy against a high press. From what I’ve seen, almost every side except West Ham (understandably) and Utd had an aggressive press for the most part. I know some sides are worse at it than others but we really need to be able to get through or round it more than we do without playing it long.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched MOTD I’m a little worried about us still not looking happy against a high press. From what I’ve seen, almost every side except West Ham (understandably) and Utd had an aggressive press for the most part. I know some sides are worse at it than others but we really need to be able to get through or round it more than we do without playing it long.
We played really well

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
0 goals?

Honestly I'm tired of people banging on about performances that are good for 20 minutes. I am tired of going crazy over nearly. I'm tired of us putting the pressure on knowing it probably isn't going to end up in the net.

That 20 minutes was better than virtually all of the previous 2000 minutes. (in the league). The old cliche, we've played worse and won, many times.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That 20 minutes was better than virtually all of the previous 2000 minutes. (in the league). The old cliche, we've played worse and won, many times.
Lovely sweeping football at times, that looked almost impossible to defend against.

But although a lot of very good situations were being generated, still no ruthlessness in terms of converting chances. Hwang and Donk had the best of the chances and both were unconvincing.

We havent won a game in the last 8, and the inevitable lack of confidence shows, imo.

Bruno has to be able to carry the team through this crisis of confidence, make them believe in the expansionary character of the new formation. I question whether he will be able to do that, but lets see.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lovely sweeping football at times, that looked almost impossible to defend against.

But although a lot of very good situations were being generated, still no ruthlessness in terms of converting chances. Hwang and Donk had the best of the chances and both were unconvincing.

We havent won a game in the last 8, and the inevitable lack of confidence shows, imo.

Bruno has to be able to carry the team through this crisis of confidence, make them believe in the expansionary character of the new formation. I question whether he will be able to do that, but lets see.

Yes, it's a tricky. At times, you could see how close we are to excellence. Our goal scoring frustration is driving me to distraction and probably many others, too! There's something not quite right, feels like we're going round in circles trying to figure out exactly what. It's got to be something in the players. Hopefully Guedes is that extra spark we need to turn that sweeping football into goals.

It is similar to where we were a year ago. Agree that it is all about confidence, holding our nerve - getting a quality midfielder in, too. And it will take some time. The tight defence of last year took a few matches to really settle. It's going to take Collins & Kilman time to build a partnership. And yes, confidence drained when we went 2-1 down, the fact it was totally against the run of play made it worse. Though that's where the influence of the likes of Moutinho and even Coady is needed. They've been there, they know that you have to ignore the disappointment and get back to what you were doing right. Too many young inexperienced players on the pitch, the stuffing is knocked oput of them and the match is over before you know it.

I think Bruno has shown that he's capable of managing an expansive team tactically, as well as organising a stingy defence. It's having the right players to do it, and perhaps the man management side and the charisma to attract players that he's a bit lacking.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure quite how we can play wing backs in a back 4 whilst playing 4 attackers. Ofcourse we are going to look exposed until we find a balance. All our wing backs strength is in their attacking and they looked lost on Saturday. But atleast we created alot.

this is what we wanted.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read that we had by far the most "successful dribbles" in the league this weekend, and were statistically the "unlickiest" team not to pick up a point. That losing habit is hard to overturn, huh...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read that we had by far the most "successful dribbles" in the league this weekend, and were statistically the "unlickiest" team not to pick up a point. That losing habit is hard to overturn, huh...
We've done that to others often enough...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds' bench yesterday and their ages

Summerville* - 20
Klaesson - 21
Gyabi - 18
Gelhardt* - 20
Hjelde - 18
Drameh - 20
Greenwood* - 20
Klich* - 32
Gray - 16

*came on as sub

There wasn't really what you'd call a genuine option for Lage on the bench yesterday (still could have made more than one sub though), but I'd think in a month's time with a couple of players back from injury and a couple of solid additions that our bench will look pretty decent again, he has to show an ability to use it - which is something he hasn't done in his time here so far and as you say, will cost him his job
Didnt Leeds buy geldhardt and greenwood?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh but we got bored of the style.

This is a completely different way of playing to our past.
Did l say otherwise? What l was saying was that we couldn't complain if it happened to us.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never will and will never criticise Shi and Sellars. He prefers to have a go at posters on here who dare question them.
Incorrect. I’ve criticised Shi several times. Difference is I don’t jump on every little thing that Shi or Sellars do.

As for having a “go”. How old are you? 12?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brother who is not a wolves fan watched the whole match and he thought Wolves played very well and deserved to win at least a point.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure quite how we can play wing backs in a back 4 whilst playing 4 attackers. Ofcourse we are going to look exposed until we find a balance. All our wing backs strength is in their attacking and they looked lost on Saturday. But atleast we created alot.

this is what we wanted.
Speak for yourself. I've not once asked to play suicide ball. That formation left us woefully exposed at the back.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He never will and will never criticise Shi and Sellars. He prefers to have a go at posters on here who dare question them.

I don't believe I've ever seen SBK "have a go" at anyone on here. Stand his ground, maybe. But not have a go.

He is as attached to his views as you are to yours. Surely that's fine?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't believe I've ever seen SBK "have a go" at anyone on here. Stand his ground, maybe. But not have a go.

He is as attached to his views as you are to yours. Surely that's fine?
Exactly this, thanks mate.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My verdict after reflecting and watching the highlights.

Ultimately Ait Nouri who I tipped to be our top performer this year cost us the game.

Made a mistake for the equaliser and caught out of position for the second.

He will still be a superb player but he must cut out these defensive lapses, I'm sure he will and that he will make up for more than he costs us.

Elsewise the centre halves were comfortable on the whole.

Donck was energetic, though the midfield two were outnumbered.

MGW not a winger and struggled, as did Podence.

Hwang put himself about but lacks that top quality.
I'd add to this that our inability to score goals, yet again, equally cost us the game.

Back
Top Bottom