Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman Appreciation

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has 4 CBs already who are very good
If your including Ake in that 4 then Max is already better than him, but im sure Pepe and Jurgen not to mention others have made a mental note of him, £50 million should be the opening bids given his age and Nationality, young English players are at a premium.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If your including Ake in that 4 then Max is already better than him, but im sure Pepe and Jurgen not to mention others have made a mental note of him, £50 million should be the opening bids given his age and Nationality, young English players are at a premium.
Klopp has 4 better CBs but Chelsea big ones. Losing potentially two on frees in the summer

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been fantastic since he's been with us, not just this season. The problem was that Nuno barely played him.
Absolutely Spot On MW !
Been saying the same for ages.

Why Nuno was reluctant to play him, was beyond belief and so short sighted, when the majority of us could see his potential.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was outstanding again today and you can see him growing in confidence. His header at the end, after his bock, was so unlucky.

If Arsenal paid £50m for White then Kilman must be in the same ball park.

I also think Saiss has been excellent this year as well.

Our problem is having a midfielder who can drive forward and a second striker who can put the ball in the net.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kilman is elite and an absolute wall. He is absolutely bullying players that normally bully us (Antonio and Wood) whilst also absolutely dominating top players with pace. He’s by far our best defender and he’s proving it every week. My player of the season so far.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every week....

Max Kilman....

Is like a new signing!

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having a great season so far. My POTS up until this point.
Hard to disagree with that opinion.
Max and Sa have made a big difference to our defence. Also, to be fair Saiss and Coady are looking better than last season. If you also take into account RAN and his form now he is a fixture in the team, we are pretty good defensively.

el gringo

Reaction score
Where I live the Premier League is on the NBC channel and the two main pundits are Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe. They each just selected their teams of the season so far, and this is Robbie Mustoe's (FWIW):

1640972834409.png

He said he included Kilman because he didn't just want to take the easy option and pick a top six defender who hasn't had much work to do because their team has so much possession. He did praise Kilman as being a really strong defender in the third best defence in the league, mentioned his goal, and yes - good with his feet/Futsal.

(He also picked Emmanuel Dennis as you can see - he mentioned that only Salah has more goal involvements so far this season. 8 goals/5 assists for Dennis. Pretty impressive).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mustoe appears to be a clued up pundit/ ex player. Good stuff.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the BBC football website they’re asking who should Southgate give a debut to. Surprise, surprise all the suggestions are from London based clubs with not a mention of Max.

Good let him stay under the radar but I suspect a few managers are now begining to take note, notably Klipperty who Van Dijk apart Max would improve no doubts it would be another deal on the never never, and there is no doubt he would strengthen Spuds defence, Chelski are likely to want a replacement for Rudiger and Iv no idea if Silva is staying beyond this season, so thats three of the Sky 6 that could be interested.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why are supporters talking about a selling price. We have to keep our best players if we are to progress. Add to the squad, but what is the point of selling? All we will do is stand still.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is elite and an absolute wall. He is absolutely bullying players that normally bully us (Antonio and Wood) whilst also absolutely dominating top players with pace. He’s by far our best defender and he’s proving it every week. My player of the season so far.
Agree 100 percent. He's been a complete revelation.

Question to all: was he anywhere near that good last season? To me, he was just a meh defender who was slow but good on the ball. Did I miss something?

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree 100 percent. He's been a complete revelation.

Question to all: was he anywhere near that good last season? To me, he was just a meh defender who was slow but good on the ball. Did I miss something?
Yes he was a very good player last season. I said so at the time, I picked him as the player most likely to breakthrough in pre-season and I pointed out that he was absolutley superb in the away game at Man U last season when everyone seemed to focus on one minor slip which just so happened to lead to an unfortunate goal. He was striding out the defence and playing it forward superbly in that game and his temperament always has been supeb. I could hardly believe he was being described as slow and weak becuase he was never either of thise things. He just needed someone to give him a run and the Boly and Mosquera injury meant Bruno had no choice but to play him. Otherwise i fully expect he would have been having the same experience as Gibbs White or Ait Nouri this season. So there you go... I told you so. And I am saying the same about Gibbs White: he should have been in our team this season and if he isnt given the chance next seaspn we will come to seriously regret it.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good let him stay under the radar but I suspect a few managers are now begining to take note, notably Klipperty who Van Dijk apart Max would improve no doubts it would be another deal on the never never, and there is no doubt he would strengthen Spuds defence, Chelski are likely to want a replacement for Rudiger and Iv no idea if Silva is staying beyond this season, so thats three of the Sky 6 that could be interested.
I agree I would rather him go un-noticed at this point but it just illustrates the bias towards the London based clubs again. Max has been sensational this season and despite being naturally left footed he’s performing fantastic on the right side. Long may it continue and let’s build our next defensive line around Max.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Max who? Asks the rest of the league.

And he just carries on taking the ****.

Absolute top player. God knows what he is worth.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he was a very good player last season. I said so at the time, I picked him as the player most likely to breakthrough in pre-season and I pointed out that he was absolutley superb in the away game at Man U last season when everyone seemed to focus on one minor slip which just so happened to lead to an unfortunate goal. He was striding out the defence and playing it forward superbly in that game and his temperament always has been supeb. I could hardly believe he was being described as slow and weak becuase he was never either of thise things. He just needed someone to give him a run and the Boly and Mosquera injury meant Bruno had no choice but to play him. Otherwise i fully expect he would have been having the same experience as Gibbs White or Ait Nouri this season. So there you go... I told you so. And I am saying the same about Gibbs White: he should have been in our team this season and if he isnt given the chance next seaspn we will come to seriously regret it.
I was one of the detractors last season. I remembered his mistakes. This season he has been absolutely fantastic though. So composed yet, as another poster has mentioned, do dominant against the Mitrovic type strikers against whom we have habitually struggled

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some of the tough times he had in games have clearly helped him. He actually went away and worked on what he needed to and has improved massively. I dont think he was ready last season to get the run of games he needed, but he obviously is now. Been brilliant.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw a thing on the beeb earlier. It was an article asking who would be the next England debutant. They gave five options. Kilman I’m sure you will be shocked to learn was not one of them. He should have been though IMV.

FYI they listed Chalobah, Eze, Toney, Geuhi and Bowen. Not shabby obvs, but I could see him making a debut before at least one or two of these personally? I’m biased of course, but he’s been superb playing in a very mean defence

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Saw a thing on the beeb earlier. It was an article asking who would be the next England debutant. They gave five options. Kilman I’m sure you will be shocked to learn was not one of them. He should have been though IMV.

FYI they listed Chalobah, Eze, Toney, Geuhi and Bowen. Not shabby obvs, but I could see him making a debut before at least one or two of these personally? I’m biased of course, but he’s been superb playing in a very mean defence
None of those should be anywhere near the England squad. It’s only because they play for London teams.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of those should be anywhere near the England squad. It’s only because they play for London teams.
Shocking to see them choose 5 london based players isn’t it? All decent players of course, but no-one there is exactly what you’d call a must pick? As CB’s, have Chalobah and Guehi really been better than Kilman has this season? They must both be some defenders if they have?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eze was in the squad for the run up to the 2020 Euros, after a very good season, seems to have done fine again, whilst Bowen has been in a rich form for as long as West Ham has been doing well. Toney looks a nod back, has a good pedigree and seems more held back in terms of stats by the rest of his team than otherwise, remember last season he destroyed goal scoring records. Guehi has been decent for Palace and would be on for a place considering he has gone through the whole setup and continuity is always liked.

Only change would be having Kilman in place of Chalobah but otherwise that list isn't actually wrong or bad.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The London bias rants are just confusing.

Breakdown it down, out of the 20 teams.

London - 7 - Watford, West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Brentford, Palace

South - 3 - Norwich, Brighton, Southampton

Midlands - 3 - Villa, Wolves, Leicester

North - 7 - City, United, Liverpool, Burnley, Newcastle, Everton, Leeds

Look into that and we can see if we take out the 'big 6' then those having a good season are largely the London/Midlands clubs, out of those who has a larger English nucleus? Just the way it works, hence the only issue with that list is that Chalobah should be in place of Kilman, other than that, its pretty reflective of how the season has gone.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Eze was in the squad for the run up to the 2020 Euros, after a very good season, seems to have done fine again, whilst Bowen has been in a rich form for as long as West Ham has been doing well. Toney looks a nod back, has a good pedigree and seems more held back in terms of stats by the rest of his team than otherwise, remember last season he destroyed goal scoring records. Guehi has been decent for Palace and would be on for a place considering he has gone through the whole setup and continuity is always liked.

Only change would be having Kilman in place of Chalobah but otherwise that list isn't actually wrong or bad.
Eze has played 2 games this season. Bowen is a good player but not better than the other options available.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

..... "I talked with him," Sa told Sky Sports. "I said, 'Max, the first training session here, when I saw you, I said to myself that this guy cannot be a player'. In that first session, when we were defending, he did not run. I thought that was impossible. This guy doesn't run!...

...A progressive carry is defined as one that occurs in the opposition half and moves the ball at least five metres towards the opposition goal. Kilman has done that 150 times this season, more than any of his team-mates, just ahead of flying winger Adama Traore....

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He simply has to be in the England set up. In form players need to be picked and there is no one more inform in the country than a Wolves defender.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went on a good run yesterday at one point in the second half which shows just how much confident he is playing with this season.... Got to be honest I didn't see this coming with him always thought he was a decent player but certainly not this good! A little credit for Lage for trusting him aswell and giving him an extended run in the side!

Yesterday though he didn't look threatened once by them everything was so calm and controlled just what you want in a centre half...

Well done to him!

Back
Top Bottom