Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman Appreciation

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss really hasn't done much wrong either. I do find it a tad ironic that people agree that Kilman should keep the shirt because he's played well. In the next breath they say that they'd drop Saiss for Boly.... Not exactly consistent.
I think Kilman offers a lot more going forward than Saiss - he's really strong at bringing the ball out. Also, as in the first half, Saiss is prone to a rash attempted tackle that leaves us exposed.

Admittedly, Saiss is also the master of the last ditch challenge, but I still much prefer Boly

T

TheConcourse

Saiss really hasn't done much wrong either. I do find it a tad ironic that people agree that Kilman should keep the shirt because he's played well. In the next breath they say that they'd drop Saiss for Boly.... Not exactly consistent.

I think that’s really unfair on Kilman. Under Nuno his game time was patchy at best and he rarely let the team down.

Fans have had the benefit of seeing Saiss over a few seasons. He blows hot and cold.

That said, the jury is still out on all of the CB’s under Bruno IMO. We’re four games in and they’ve had a really good start as a unit, but this is a consistency game, so let’s see what happens.

The biggest concern for me is Coady.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he gave the ball away cheaply a couple of times Saturday (definitely his achilles heel).

Maybe a bit picky as judging him on very very high standards this season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that’s really unfair on Kilman. Under Nuno his game time was patchy at best and he rarely let the team down.

Fans have had the benefit of seeing Saiss over a few seasons. He blows hot and cold.

That said, the jury is still out on all of the CB’s under Bruno IMO. We’re four games in and they’ve had a really good start as a unit, but this is a consistency game, so let’s see what happens.

The biggest concern for me is Coady.
I wasn't knocking Kilman, far from it as my other posts on this thread show. It just feels though, as to some extent you do, that people are knocking Saiss for past errors not what he's done this season.

With respect to Coady l can't help wondering if a desire to shoe-horn him in regardless is driving the formation that we are playing. Oh, he hasn't done anything much wrong either.

T

TheConcourse

I wasn't knocking Kilman, far from it as my other posts on this thread show. It just feels though, as to some extent you do, that people are knocking Saiss for past errors not what he's done this season.

With respect to Coady l can't help wondering if a desire to shoe-horn him in regardless is driving the formation that we are playing. Oh, he hasn't done anything much wrong either.
Oh I know. I just Kilman is much better suited to CB than Saiss. To quote Mick: opinions are like ********s.

I actually think Coady has struggled at times this season.. got pretty badly beaten up v Vardy and Greenwood and made a similar mistake to the Leicester goal against King on Saturday.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I know. I just Kilman is much better suited to CB than Saiss. To quote Mick: opinions are like ********s.

I actually think Coady has struggled at times this season.. got pretty badly beaten up v Vardy and Greenwood and made a similar mistake to the Leicester goal against King on Saturday.
But can we play our game without him talking to the team?? Coady is a great leader and motivater and talker on the pitch, but his footballing ability is very limited

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised so many are writing Boly off. He’s our best CB IMO.
He was, not sure that’s true any more - a combination of injuries preventing long runs of games and possible slowing down, lapses in concentration, and the fact that he played a lot last season as RCB which isn’t his best position mean that he either needs to up his game or we recognise he is a squad player.

One of our problems remains the DP fact that we have 3 x LCBs and no natural RCB.

T

TheConcourse

But can we play our game without him talking to the team?? Coady is a great leader and motivater and talker on the pitch, but his footballing ability is very limited
It feels like Bruno wants one of the CB’s to push into midfield when we’ve got possession. Kilman and Saiss have been much higher this season.

The downside, and this is kinda witchcraft ****, because we’ve rarely been caught out, is that it could leave us exposed in the transition. That’s when I worry about Coady. You can’t have him isolated against anyone with pace.

Strangely though, we don’t seem to be getting caught. Not sure if it’s because our recovery when we lose the ball is so quick.

I’m not trying to bash Coady here. He’s been amazing for us. But this game is built on the finest of margins and he’s the one that I see as most vulnerable right now.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will add Football caps to his Futsal caps. Amazing to think we nearly sold this guy and I think £4.5m was the mentioned price at time of the rumour. This guy is gonna end up a £50m CB.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Glass half full comment - we've got a real gem on our hands! What a player. Watching him is a pleasure. Tall, calm, composed & technically brilliant. He looks like and plays like a colossus on the field!

Glass half empty comment - I wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola took a note after today's performance. Max is a perfect defender for his style of play.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Glass half full comment - we've got a real gem on our hands! What a player. Watching him is a pleasure. Tall, calm, composed & technically brilliant. He looks like and plays like a colossus on the field!

Glass half empty comment - I wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola took a note after today's performance. Max is a perfect defender for his style of play.
He has 4 CBs already who are very good

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very hard to judge till he's in a back 4, been superb for us but no more superb than Boly was in 2019 in my eyes.

Imperious non the less

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far far far too good for us if we can get 60/100m I’d sell him and reinvest in the squad

Max is so good he won’t be here long

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Now that he's bled for Wolves can we call him MadMax?

Back
Top Bottom