Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman Appreciation

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with Wicked on this..Mouts for me anyway seems a totally different player this season compared to the last 18 months.Bruno is certainly making his mark.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People said that about other players, Mouts for example, last season. I'd like to see a fully fit Boly have a run of games before passing judgement.
I think defensively we’ve played well this season without him so it would be a big call to drop others??

Moutinho looked burnt out last season. Now he’s back to his best. Whereas Boly had bad luck with injuries and covid, but to me you can’t throw someone who had a such a poor season back in straight away, I am still having nightmares of that Burnley game at the Molineux.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think defensively we’ve played well this season without him so it would be a big call to drop others??

Moutinho looked burnt out last season. Now he’s back to his best. Whereas Boly had bad luck with injuries and covid, but to me you can’t throw someone who had a such a poor season back in straight away, I am still having nightmares of that Burnley game at the Molineux.
I get where you are coming from. No easy solution.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I now wonder if he was burnt out or whether it was just hard to be enthused by the way they were being instructed to play.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you earn the shirt then you should keep the shirt, l agree.
It's probably a small window into how Lage manages players. Saiss & Kilman are playing well and haven't done anything to warrant being dropped.

Boly hasn't done enough yet to warrant replacing them.

Gotta be good to moral doing that

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you earn the shirt then you should keep the shirt, l agree.
It can't be good for players like Kilman to have known no matter how well they play, as soon as Boly et al were fit they were out the team.

Likewise, knowing you have a place in the team regardless can't be good for motivation.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing that he’s become arguably our first name on the team sheet for defence, when last year it seemed he was always the one to be dropped when Boly or Saiss came back to being fit. And the rest of the league are still sleeping on him, you hardly ever hear his name mentioned.
I think it was an unfortunate pattern with Nuno that if a young player just coming through made a mistake he very often got immediately dropped and you wouldn't see them again inthe first team for a good while, whereas senior players making mistakes was often overlooked. You could apply that to Kilman, Otasawie and Gibbs White. I think you have to show a bit of faith sometimes to reap the rewards. On the flip side, I suppose we could argue he was just trying to protect them from having a bad run that destroys confidence by taking them out early. Still, I always felt Kilman should have played more last season and I am glad he has well and truly taken his chance now by the looks of it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly is not the player he was anymore

It seems with the new manager, none of the players is what they was - they've all improved! Boly's season seemed to be continually broken by injuries and at times, he looked as good as before. Think he needs to be given a fair chance withBruno before being written off. If he can get back to his first 3 seasons form, would be the CH who could play in a back 4, as well.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was an unfortunate pattern with Nuno that if a young player just coming through made a mistake he very often got immediately dropped and you wouldn't see them again inthe first team for a good while, whereas senior players making mistakes was often overlooked. You could apply that to Kilman, Otasawie and Gibbs White. I think you have to show a bit of faith sometimes to reap the rewards. On the flip side, I suppose we could argue he was just trying to protect them from having a bad run that destroys confidence by taking them out early. Still, I always felt Kilman should have played more last season and I am glad he has well and truly taken his chance now by the looks of it.

Not just young players - Ryan Bennett, too! Sometimes seemed it was the non-Mendes players who were quickly dropped. But maybe somebody could provide the example to disprove that? Also, Kilman and others sometimes got dropped in favour of "senior" players, even after playing well.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What struck me yesterday was how easy it looked for him. I'm not saying it was easy but he just looks so composed. The ball he played for Semedo's miss was class. Really hope he keeps up this level of performance as it will be brilliant for us and him.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What struck me yesterday was how easy it looked for him. I'm not saying it was easy but he just looks so composed. The ball he played for Semedo's miss was class. Really hope he keeps up this level of performance as it will be brilliant for us and him.
Right from the beginning you could see he had the temperament for it. He is a dead steady personality. Never rash, rarely flustered. Not sure if he is much of a talker on the pitch mind you but very good assestt for out club.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love saiss but he's still the obvious weak link. Struggled yesterday in the first half. A fit boly has to play but the key word is fit.

T

TheConcourse

Have folks been writing him off?

Has anybody write him off?
There’s a big difference saying he had been poor the back end of last season (covid and injured) and writing him off.

Perhaps writing him off was a bit strong, but suggestions that we’re a better side with Saiss > Boly I disagree with.

Boly is better on the ball, he’s quicker, stronger in the air. If he’s fit then he should play IMO.

We’ll see if Bruno agrees v Brentford.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Perhaps writing him off was a bit strong, but suggestions that we’re a better side with Saiss > Boly I disagree with.

Boly is better on the ball, he’s quicker, stronger in the air. If he’s fit then he should play IMO.

If he’s fully fit I totally agree he should play over Saiss IMO, “Fully fit being” a big thing though.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly is not the player he was anymore

Agree. Boly was a disaster last season. Should still be better than Saiss when fully fit mind but Saiss is a better defender than Coady but it's Coadys other attributes that give him the nod.

Just hope Bruno doesn't do a Nuno and drop Kilman when all are available.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. Boly was a disaster last season. Should still be better than Saiss when fully fit mind but Saiss is a better defender than Coady but it's Coadys other attributes that give him the nod.

Just hope Bruno doesn't do a Nuno and drop Kilman when all are available.
They are all available mate keep the back line how it is. The others can earn their grain

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With regards to Boly it will be interesting what Bruno does against Brentford with Ivan Toney. I'd be tempted to bring in Boly for Saiss in this game from a height and pace point of view.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly and Mosquera were fully fit yesterday and he opted for the same back line despite losing three in a row. Will take an injury or a defeat to shift it now, can’t see Bruno changing it after a win and clean sheet.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman looks solid and improving. Kilman and Cody are certs, I have my doubts about Saiss.

Saiss I like for endevour and as a real trier in all situations, but he does make me nervous with some crude and clumsy, sometimes needless, challenges. Boly when fit and near normal performance level will get in, IMHO.

Marchal needs to be careful with some of his lunges, 2 led to Watford chances.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Failed his medical at the time. Newcastle will be the team that are really tearing their hair out though. What they would give for him there now.
They let someone else decent go too, can't remember who it was though

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saiss really hasn't done much wrong either. I do find it a tad ironic that people agree that Kilman should keep the shirt because he's played well. In the next breath they say that they'd drop Saiss for Boly.... Not exactly consistent.

Back
Top Bottom