Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman Appreciation

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
has he had a bad game for us?

looks so composed on and off the ball. physical presence, gets stuck in.

his face on 1 v 1 stops/ tackles against tricky fast opposition is top class.

keep it up!

potential to be world class?
Still at a young age for a central defender too... Think that we have a real baller there..

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
has been brilliant

absolutely dreadful clearance at one point last night but aside from that was very good .

Our strongest defender in the air ?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm becoming a huge fan of Kilman. If he keeps being given opportunities and developing under Nuno he has the talent to get into the England squad. Reassuring to have him at 6ft 4 and Nuno at 6ft 5 in the penalty area when the ball keeps being pumped into our penalty area.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His best game in a Wolves shirt was against Man Utd in my opinion.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm becoming a huge fan of Kilman. If he keeps being given opportunities and developing under Nuno he has the talent to get into the England squad. Reassuring to have him at 6ft 4 and Nuno at 6ft 5 in the penalty area when the ball keeps being pumped into our penalty area.

I know that Rui's had his critics but bringing the gaffer out of retirement is a bit much!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Nuno going in goal?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice solid reliable player. Always feel OK when he is on the pitch.
Him and Jonny - Mister Reliables

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with the OP. He’s been excellent and if he continues to develop like this has a bright, hopefully old gold, future ahead of him.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ALWAYS TOTALLY focused and very rarely puts a foot wrong.
He just gets better.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno in the penalty area? Is he becoming the new Jeff Shi? Multi-tasking indeed!!!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you know he speaks Russian whist playing futsal in Maidenhead?

Has been superb every time he's been called upon... Saiss has a real fight to get his place back between now and the end of the season, and if he's dropped now for any reason other than fitness from here he's been very harshly dealt with

Deserves a proper run now, as long as we stick with this formation... maybe even if not as he even looked decent in a 4 against Southampton... has a very high ceiling

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks very good in a back 3, could really develop with games into a good premiership defender.. His height is an asset as well.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope with the right additions in the summer we will go with a 4 at the back next season and Kilman for me is the best footballer of our 4 cbs. With his experience this year I would like to think he could form a rock solid partnership with an equally intelligent recruit to form a new back 4 along with Semedo and Johnny.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
His shirt to lose now. Just needs to keep the concentration. Got done at the end by Mount when Boly made a really good clearance. Think at the moment he'll be better in a 3 with Coady in his ear. I'm not sure in a 2 with Boly he would get the same sort of communication.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is really progressing and is definitely Prem class now. Our best 1 on 1 defender.

2 things to work on to get to the next level... He needs to be more expansive in possession, he is nice and tidy on the ball and has the scope to be more forward thinking and take more responsibility.

He could be more aggressive in the opponents box and be getting on the end of set pieces.

In fact, he should look at himself as a first team player not a squad member, the time has come to say the shirt is mine and I'm not going to give it up.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is really progressing and is definitely Prem class now. Our best 1 on 1 defender.

2 things to work on to get to the next level... He needs to be more expansive in possession, he is nice and tidy on the ball and has the scope to be more forward thinking and take more responsibility.

He could be more aggressive in the opponents box and be getting on the end of set pieces.

In fact, he should look at himself as a first team player not a squad member, the time has come to say the shirt is mine and I'm not going to give it up.
Great points. Think beyond that, as he approaches his peak, he can look at Coady and his vocal leadership and see if he can develop this in his toolbox too. If he could, he could become one of the best English defenders.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
If he adds a goal or two to his game from set pieces then the sky really is the limit for the kid.

Kudos to the scouting team and the coaching staff on picking up and nurturing a gem.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very assured defender, and the biggest compliment you can pay him is that you would want him to play against the best teams in the league, like last night, when a back five is needed.

If we're being ultra-critical, he still is having the very occasional lapse. He was beaten by Mount too easily last night and it could've been a goal, even though it was good play, and he got caught out with a long ball which led to the goal at Man United.

Too early to say how good he can be, as he is playing in many games where we are sitting deep, trying to counter. (Leeds, Leicester, United, Chelsea), so we don't know if he can cope 10 yards up the pitch.

Still, very good overall, has proven me wrong. His positional play is excellent, he is very composed, but I do wish he'd show more aggression as he is a massive unit.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
He goes about his work in a professional way. Not one to moan about being left out learning his trade and just gets on with it.
Some say he should show more aggression, don't agree if he wins the ball doesn't panic and plays the ball that all you need. An example last night of agression, was when he went flying in he gave away a free kick not far from our box.

We dont want him to turn into Saiss from 2 seasons ago when he was giving away silly free kicks and getting booked needlessly.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great points. Think beyond that, as he approaches his peak, he can look at Coady and his vocal leadership and see if he can develop this in his toolbox too. If he could, he could become one of the best English defenders.
I don’t think being vocal is something you can teach. He has a very passive/shy persona but he’s a decent/steady player. I still think we’d need better if we’re serious about cracking the champions league though. I also think his qualities are exaggerated because of his Futsal background.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did fantastic again.

Under the radar progression amongst the other young ones.

I'd persist with him week in week out, natural composure as a CB is such a fantastic attribute to have. For a lad who hasn't even played 30 times at a pro level is unreal.

Keep going lad.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I felt it was not the best decision to drop him earlier and if I remember it correctly wasn't this after one game that Nuno played him on the right hand side which did not work out well.

Blast tyrant

Reaction score
He has probably been the biggest positive to come out of this season so far, along with Neto.
If he continues to progress the way he is he could save us a fair bit of money in the transfer market.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was disappointed he was dropped a while ago, but thought his last couple of games looked a bit off the pace, was superb last night though

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Turning into a very good player, he's had some terrible personal issues to deal with recently which must have been awful for a young lad.

Hes going to be a very good player, he's improving with every game, he's 23 which is young for a CB in the Premier league but he's also vastly inexperienced compared to his peers in the professional game.... astonishing to think a guy with this much talent has slipped through the net of the professional game.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a massive advocate of his for a long time.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was unlucky to be dropped a few weeks ago. I would keep him in at LCB now and play 3 in midfield with Saiss and Dendonker either side of Neves and just two up front.
We would be more solid in midfield as well as defence and that might give a better platform to counter attack earlier from.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the 5 at the back helps all the inexperienced defenders (Ait Nouri, Kilman, Hoever even Semedo insofar as PL experience) as their is strength in numbers. The EPL is an unforgiving beast, especially this season with it being even more competitive than normal.

I actually think long term he could compete with Coady for the sweeper role but he'd have to learn the communication part of the game.

Marvellous007

Groupie
Reaction score
He just needs to be a bit more aggressive and domineering ,he needs to have more confidence in himself and not keep playing the safety passes.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
is he english ?
half russian, half ukranian descent

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
first game i saw him, liverpool away last season, i thought he was amazingly good. top class

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes the odd error but everybody does that otherwise he's been generally superb, probably our best youngish player.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
has he had a bad game for us?

looks so composed on and off the ball. physical presence, gets stuck in.

his face on 1 v 1 stops/ tackles against tricky fast opposition is top class.

keep it up!

potential to be world class?
Southampton at home sticks out, positionally all over the place in a back four, and there have of course been some mistakes like at Old Trafford but he's still very inexperienced and mistakes will happen. On the whole he's been good though, had another good game last night and could be some player by the age of 26-27

Back
Top Bottom